Australia Tour of India 2013 |Feb-Mar|

SLICKR392

Australia Tour of India 2013 |Feb-Mar|  

1. 1.

• Dhawan
    • Dinda
    • Ojha
    • Rahane

I am loving the new aggressive Sachin when Sachin retired from the ODIs he did a lot of soul searching. He asked his friends (people who he had grown up with) and a lot of people in the MCA about their opinions. It was Kambli who told Sachin to revisit the 90s when he was care free. I recommend that you all goto BCCI.tv and look at Sachin's innings in the Irani cup. He was going for his shots in an innings of 140 not out and it was clear he was going to be positive. Even today, Sachin came out and instead of letting Lyon bowl at him he decided to take him on and smashed two consecutive 6's even though the target for near. In the first innings at 16/2 he smashed 3 boundaries of Pattinson and set the tone. Sachin of the past 2 years has got bogged down too quickly. Its refreshing for me to see sachin breaking the shackles and entertaining us with some fantastic shots which he has rather than defending all the way and only looking for singles. PS playing in the ranji has helped Sachin. That just shows that Ranji cricket is important for everybody.l

We can't not play a seamer, regardless of the wicket. One dimensional attacks are a huge risk. If 2 front-line spinners can't take you wickets on a spinners deck, then the 3rd one is not going to make that much of a difference. The problem with the first test was we picked Harbhajan over Ojha, which was a big mistake as Ojha has been our best spinner over the past year. If it's a dry pitch with bounce, then the pacemen come into play through reverse swing. The other crucial thing is you change up the rhythm for the batsmen by having a mixture of pace and spin. The way I see it is. Unless your spinner is Shane Warne or Muralitharan or your paceman is Dale Steyn or Wasim Akram, the dynamics of a spin/pace attack to the pitch work as follows: * On pace friendly pitches - the pacemen play an attacking role while the spinners play a more containing role * On spin friendly pitches - the spinners play an attacking role while the pacemen play a containing role. But regardless of the pitch you need a combination of both I feel to have your best chance of taking 20 wickets. Otherwise your bowling attack is just one dimensional.

But regardless of the pitch you need a combination of both I feel to have your best chance of taking 20 wickets. Otherwise your bowling attack is just one dimensional.
So you're saying have 2 seamers just for the sake of not being one dimensional even if they end up completely useless like in first test ? Good idea.
But regardless of the pitch you need a combination of both I feel to have your best chance of taking 20 wickets. Otherwise your bowling attack is just one dimensional.
How does it matter when your seamers are not going to contribute at all? Then it does not matter whether they played or not. We are going to see similar track in Hyderabad too.

Actually, the getting-off-the-gates-quickly mode is something Tendulkar's been applying for a while now(08-current). He always starts off attacking to overcome his own nerves/jitters and put the opposition on defense, and as the match wears on, he gets more and more defensive. This is a pattern all his innings have followed the last few years. The only difference I noted with Tendulkar's batting against Australia was that his feet moved a little quicker compared to recent times. Then again, Australia's bowling attack has nothing on England's.

Will be interesting to see if the Aussies continue with their rotation policy for pacers. Can't see Pattinson playing especially with just a 3 day gap between tests. Starc may also be rested. Siddle and Jhonson the two likely seamers.
I think Pattinson will play because Starc, Siddle looked ineffective. After Hyd test, they have rest for a week.
I think Pattinson will play because Starc' date=' Siddle looked ineffective. After Hyd test, they have rest for a week.[/quote'] Am wondering if Pattinson has ever played back to back tests and come out of it with all his bones intact. If the Aussies do pick him for Hyd test, expect him on the flight back to Sydney after the test gets over.
yes and it is better not play any of them.
You are talking as if there will be bounce like Perth or Johannesburg. Yes, there will be some bounce but it will be only knee high at best. In March, the pitch will be bone dry and will assist spin from 2nd day, if not the start itself. Ishant wont trouble batsmen on these type of tracks. He barely did anything even in England and Australia. Only Zaheer and Umesh could have done some damage. Otherwise, no point in playing 2 seamers on these type of wickets.
Why I want to go with two seamers is because I dont have enough confidence on our spinners and I guess its the same with Dhoni. Even he doesnot have enough confidence in the spinners. Ashwin was shyte in the England series and Ojha well he wont do much if the batsman decides to stick to the crease. Bhajji ... I guess I dont need to comment. Thats why I think we need some kind of backup, and its never easy to predict how the pitch will behave after 2-3 days. Then again. yes I agree that the seamers in the squad are useless but I think we may need them.
How does it matter when your seamers are not going to contribute at all? Then it does not matter whether they played or not. We are going to see similar track in Hyderabad too.
Because contributing is not simply a matter of taking wickets. You can contribute by changing up the dimension of the attack. It forces the batsman to change his footwork and have to adapt to a changing style. Ultimately our best chance is to have the most balanced attack. Just because our pacemen didn't perform well this match doesn't mean we get rid of them. They either have to improve or we pick better pacemen. I think 4 spinners is overkill. What value can the 4th spinner add that 3 can't? If it's a turning deck and 3 spinners can't take wickets then you're in trouble. Also keep in mind Australia will improve against spin as the tour goes on.
Because contributing is not simply a matter of taking wickets. You can contribute by changing up the dimension of the attack. It forces the batsman to change his footwork and have to adapt to a changing style. Ultimately our best chance is to have the most balanced attack. Just because our pacemen didn't perform well this match doesn't mean we get rid of them. They either have to improve or we pick better pacemen. I think 4 spinners is overkill. What value can the 4th spinner add that 3 can't? If it's a turning deck and 3 spinners can't take wickets then you're in trouble. Also keep in mind Australia will improve against spin as the tour goes on.
That is what needs to be done.