Irani Trophy 2013 ( Feb 6-10)

saneindian

Even' date=' I have seen him bowl 140s in IPL matches. Not sure abt 139 in finals. Maybe I missed dat. I will keep an eye on the speed guns in Irani match. Lets hope he delivers.[/quote'] What pace he bowled now is not that is really important, but important is the progress and gain in pace which he has shown and that is very rare for Indian pacers. It shows if some one is determined and wants too then even lot of things which never happened before can be possible. I just hope he continues to work on the things he is working which helped him gain pace. If he can be consistent around 135-140 and odd ball over 140, he can be a good bowler as he can move the ball both ways.
What pace he bowled now is not that is really important, but important is the progress and gain in pace which he has shown and that is very rare for Indian pacers. It shows if some one is determined and wants even lot of things which never happened before can be possible. .
Whats his height? Dhawal needs to bulk up too.. he is too skinny & an injury candidate with his action

Raina targets fifty Tests Suresh Raina, who was dropped from the India Test squad for the England series, believes he can extend his Test career to 50 Tests if he continues working hard. More... Raina targets fifty Tests ESPNcricinfo staff February 5, 2013 151313.2.jpgSuresh Raina: "I need to be more solid and mentally stronger." Suresh Raina, who was dropped from the India Test squad for the England series, believes he can extend his Test career to 50 Tests if he continues working hard. Raina started his Test career with a century in Sri Lanka in 2010 and followed it up with two half-centuries in the next two Tests. In the following 14 Tests, however, he managed 459 runs at an average of 19.95 and lost his Test spot to Yuvraj Singh for the home Tests against England. "I have played just 17 Test matches," Raina said. "I am the sort of guy who always believes in hard work and discipline. I know if I work really hard on my game, I will be able to play at least 50-60 Test matches." Raina is part of the Virender Sehwag-led Rest of India squad for the Irani Cup and sees the match as another opportunity for him to push for a place in the Test squad. He had an average Ranji season - 304 runs from six matches - but scored four consecutive half-centuries in the recent one-dayers against England and was the man of the series. Raina hopes to translate this form to the longer version ahead of the Australia Tests. "I have been scoring runs in last 10 matches," Raina said. "This is the chance. I need to do well in this game; then I can come back to the Test team." Raina is one of the players who have been in line for the No. 6 spot in Tests, but hasn't been able to maximise his opportunities. He said though, that he is looking to be more solid in his game. "I did well initially in the West Indies but didn't get runs against England (in England, 2011). I have been batting well. I need to be more solid and mentally stronger." The Irani Cup match features a number of players aiming to stake their claims for the Test team ahead of the Australia series that starts on February 22. "It's an important game. If you look at the last series, we didn't play well against England in Test matches. You have got the best team from Mumbai and all the players in Rest of India are trying to make a comeback. Viru bhai [sehwag] is leading us, so his experience is there for us. "Paaji [sachin Tendulkar] is playing in the other team . They have [Wasim] Jaffer and Ajit Agarkar has captained well. We have all youngsters in our team. Our coach, Vikram Rathore told us to just enjoy the game. This is a good challenge before the Australia series."

Agarkar will not play Irani Cup because of groin injury. Mumbai will have to play in Irani Cup without their captain Ajit Agarkar. Mumbai Cricket Association joint secretary Nitin Dalal decreared that during the absence of Ajit Agarker all-rounder Abhishek Nayar will be the captain of Mumbai.

Dhaval is bowls around the 135 kph zone from what i have seen in last years IPL and this ranji season. He has increased his stamina this season and importantly can bowl long spells in the 130-138 kph region. Most of his balls are in that region.

If Raina is serious about Tests' date=' he should spend 1 season in County Cricket and fix up his technique[/quote'] +1. This is something that all young cricketers from India who want to do well in tests should do. Also prepare pitches which assist seamers in India. But we have seen nothing much is happening on this front. Playing on wickets like Rajkot will make Indian batsmen look clueless when they travel overseas. There should always be a contest between bat and ball in longer version. Otherwise, its a waste of time.
Can Mumbai borrow a couple of bowlers from Rest of India team to make it competitive and give all bowlers a chance before the Australian series ? Without Zaheer' date=' Agarkar their bowling lineup looks so toothless.[/quote'] they have home advantage,expect a patta and Rohit,Rahane to pile on the runs

The pitch they prepared in Ranji final was helpful for bowlers and a good one. Why they dont prepare more tracks like that is beyond me. We all saw how FTBs from Saurashtra struggled to put bat on ball in that game because they are used to playing on the road in Rajkot. Make livelier pitches so that there is a good contest between bat and ball and good quality batsmen and bowlers could emerge from domestic system. Preparing patta wickets where mediocre batsmen are scoring double tons and making it into test team and failing is just unacceptable.

The pitch they prepared in Ranji final was helpful for bowlers and a good one. Why they dont prepare more tracks like that is beyond me. We all saw how FTBs from Saurashtra struggled to put bat on ball in that game because they are used to playing on the road in Rajkot. Make livelier pitches so that there is a good contest between bat and ball and good quality batsmen and bowlers could emerge from domestic system. Preparing patta wickets where mediocre batsmen are scoring double tons and making it into test team and failing is just unacceptable.
Exactly.
Don't give too much importance to domestic speed gun readings. Dhawal was consistently hurrying batsmen' date=' looked lively pacewise and was getting good bounce too. I have seen him bowl upto 142 k in the IPL. He is definitely fast-medium now.[/quote'] really? thats good but how reliable are the local speed guns?