Dhoni overtakes Ganguly's tally of 21 test wins as captain

saneindian

All of them lose their current average in that cycle.
Yeah, but the point is that the current averages are not a true reflection of skills for anyone in the side except Tendulkar and Sehwag. Quoting Dhoni's average after a long test stint at home is not an accurate indicator of his worth as a batsman.
Winning the World Cup is an achievement' date=' but just because Dhoni happened to be captain when the [b']Indian team won the World Cup does not mean it's some big achievement of Dhoni. The dumbass kept playing Chawla to boost his confidence and even in the finals kept bowling Sreesanth when he was getting hammered and many other such daft decisions. Yeah, he played a good innings in the final but that was his only positive contribution in the entire tournament. How can that be equated to the role Kapil played in the '83 World Cup? The intent is not to demean the World Cup win, but to put a fair value of the role Dhoni played in the World Cup - if you make a list of positives and negatives by Dhoni in the World Cup the negatives would easily outscore the positives.
But for me only ONE positive is enough - He won us the world cup with a match winning knock under huge pressure in the WC finals. And Sreesanth bowled 7-8 overs only and not his full quota. The rest of the overs were completed by Sachin and Kohli.
Yeah' date=' but the point is that the current averages are not a true reflection of skills for anyone in the side except Tendulkar and Sehwag. Quoting Dhoni's average after a long test stint at home is not an accurate indicator of his worth as a batsman.[/quote'] Sehwag will end up less than 45 if he plays all these away tests. If you are discounting Dhoni's home runs then discount Sehwag's too and I think outside SC, Sehwag's average is less than 40. Dhoni is an average test batsman and cannot be compared to SRT and Viru but then even Viru is an average batsman out side SC.
Sehwag will end up less than 45 if he plays all these away tests. If you are discounting Dhoni's home runs then discount Sehwag's too and I think outside SC' date=' Sehwag's average is less than 40. Dhoni is an average test batsman and cannot be compared to SRT and Viru but then even Viru is an average batsman out side SC.[/quote'] Even if Sehwag scores @20 runs per innings over the next 40 innings he will average 47. Time for some Math lessons?
But for me only ONE positive is enough - He won us the world cup with a match winning knock under huge pressure in the WC finals. And Sreesanth bowled 7-8 overs only and not his full quota. The rest of the overs were completed by Sachin and Kohli.
Well, of course. Because you are a fanboy.
Once again, do you think Dhoni is the "worst Test captain we ever had"? Even behind the likes of Bedi, Azhar and other Indian captains?
I never said that he is the "worst test captain we ever had"..He is also not the best test captain India has ever had as some of his fanboyzz make it in this thread my point is he is not the suitable man for test captaincy now & should have been replaced a year back, and all the inane stats putforth by the junta ignores numerous failures as well.
Even if Sehwag scores @20 runs per innings over the next 40 innings he will average 47. Time for some Math lessons?
That is not the point, 47 or 45, 2 points lower or higher wont make much of a difference. I hope you discount Sehwag's runs scored in SC too and his average outside SC is around 38 if I am right. BTW, Sehwag is averaging 13 in current series at home, Now you can imagine, what will he do in SA and Aus with the way he is beating and if it was so easy to score runs in India, he would have been piling them on and pitches in this season in 8 tests have not been flat pattas which would see high scoring draws.
That is not the point, 47 or 45, 2 points lower or higher wont make much of a difference. I hope you discount Sehwag's runs scored in SC too and his average outside SC is around 38 if I am right. BTW, Sehwag is averaging 13 in current series at home, Now you can imagine, what will he do in SA and Aus with the way he is beating and if it was so easy to score runs in India, he would have been piling them on and pitches in this season in 8 tests have not been flat pattas which would see high scoring draws.
I am not discounting any runs. I am saying that due to a recent huge score and the fact that he has played a lot of home matches recently Dhoni's current average is inflated above where it will end up at the end of his career - closer to 35 than 40.
This. I can't believe how people can be so hateful. Just because Dhoni is the captain' date=' they don't even enjoy if India is winning![/quote'] Just because people don't believe in hero worshiping like "He won us the World Cup" and like to give proper credit to the rest of the team as well doesn't make them haters.
Just because people don't believe in hero worshiping like "He won us the World Cup" and like to give proper credit to the rest of the team as well doesn't make them haters.
Where did I give ALL of the credit to Dhoni? Please don't make conclusions as per your wish. Of course the whole team deserves credit along with Dhoni.