Why Tendulkar must retire now

No offence your definition of superstars in other sports seems a bit pre 90s:--D
Chalo, to make it more modern: 1. Soccer - Messi 2. Tennis - Federer 3. Cricket - Tendulkar 4. Basketball - Jordan 5. Swimming - Phelps 6. Athletics - Bolt 7. NFL - Favre? Seriously? :hehe: Most people would be able to pick the odd one out from the above.
Chalo, to make it more modern: 1. Soccer - Messi 2. Tennis - Federer 3. Cricket - Tendulkar 4. Basketball - Jordan 5. Swimming - Phelps 6. Athletics - Bolt 7. NFL - Favre? Seriously? :hehe: Most people would be able to pick the odd one out from the above.
Most people would even pick NFL as unknown entity.
As I said' date=' cricket cannot be equated with NBA. [b']In NBA one set of skills can help you dominate. In cricket you are still at the mercy of your other team players. All I am claiming is that Sachin with the same set of player, at his peak, which say Waugh or Ponting or even Dhoni has now, would have won a great many more matches. I am also claiming Sachin is one of the greatest performers in tournament finals. I dont know what experts you are quoting here, so will let that pass
I know very little about basketball but I think it's a team game. Is it true that it is more 'individual' than cricket?
I know very little about basketball but I think it's a team game. Is it true that it is more 'individual' than cricket?
Yes.. You see, in Basketball, players wonly need once skill which is to score the baskets.. Any other skills like 'defending, marking players' etc. is not required...

LOL at those claiming a grand total of 2 world cup finals isn't enough to judge finals performance. You don't get to the WC finals 20 times. When you get that chance, you HAVE to perform, especially if you are considered an ATG. If you did not, it will go against you. Michael Jordan is considered one of the greatest not because he won scoring titles, it because he won 6 championships AND was the MVP in all of them. That is true greatness.

LOL at those claiming a grand total of 2 world cup finals isn't enough to judge finals performance. You don't get to the WC finals 20 times. When you get that chance, you HAVE to perform, especially if you are considered an ATG. If you did not, it will go against you. Michael Jordan is considered one of the greatest not because he won scoring titles, it because he won 6 championships AND was the MVP in all of them. That is true greatness.
Ah cricket. Make one mistake while batting your out. Basket ball miss a few who cares. Alays another 100 shots to do, plus silly game anyway as need to be a giant anyway. Poor sachin is to small for nba finals. Basketball stupiod sport like all yank sports. Dont compare sachin the legend to rubbish USA stars
Ah cricket. Make one mistake while batting your out. Basket ball miss a few who cares. Alays another 100 shots to do, plus silly game anyway as need to be a giant anyway. Poor sachin is to small for nba finals. Basketball stupiod sport like all yank sports. Dont compare sachin the legend to rubbish USA stars
Small players do very well in Basketball. Sachin being small is not a problem. Sachin being chubby is :giggle:
dont make me laugh. 5ft 6 and have no hope in this heightest sport.To be a great need to be tall.rubbish sport ps dont show one in milllion guy who may have made nba and be short
You dont have to be a giant dude to do well. Allen Iverson Chris Paul Deron Williams Heck even avery johnson has had a good career Tony Parker These are at the top of my head and I am not really a avid watcher apart from a couple of teams. Definitely not one in a million
dont make me laugh. 5ft 6 and have no hope in this heightest sport.To be a great need to be tall.rubbish sport ps dont show one in milllion guy who may have made nba and be short
Muggsy Bogues ring a bell? He was 5'3 and is one of the greatest point guards of all time. Yao Ming(the Chinese player) was tall but he was always average at the game, he had several injuries so he had to retire. Height mattering is a misconception.
You dont have to be a giant dude to do well. Allen Iverson Chris Paul Deron Williams Heck even avery johnson has had a good career Tony Parker These are at the top of my head and I am not really a avid watcher apart from a couple of teams. Definitely not one in a million
What are the exact heights of these guys? They probaly looks small when standing next to 7ft freaks but in reality quite tall
Dude, one mistake and you are out yes. However it is same for other players who have performed in the finals. How many chances did Ponting get or Dhoni get during their finals innings? :winky: Talking about mistakes, in basketball games are close, you miss a few shots with game on line and defender all over your face, and game over. There have been numerous buzzer beating shots Jordan has hit to win the game at close. BTW I do agree that Sachin can't be compared with guys like Jordan cause he sucked on the biggest stage which is the WC finals, not once but twice.
all of them are around 6ft mark The point is you dont have to be a freaking giant to do good in basketball. Many short basketball players have had very good careers irrespective of their height.
6ft is not short!!!! Like I said these are best examples of short players you can come up with and all are freaking 6ft. Rubbish sport which is heightest. Same as volley ball Where are the mighty midgets!! i.e sachin or messi
1. You are continuing to show your ignorance. Folks who have a bit of knowledge about NFL would know who Brett Favre is, and for the record his name's pronounced "Faarve" even though it's spelt Favre in case you want to chat with someone with NFL knowledge about him. The guy has most of the passing/QB records in the game including most passing yards, most passing TDs and is the winningest QB in NFL. Yes, he's even ahead of the likes of Montana in these stats. 2. The discussion never started as a comparison between Favre and Tendulkar as players. The discussion was how Green Bay Packers made a very tough call back in 2007 when they decided to "drop" an ATG (Favre) so that they could go ahead with a talented but unproven player (Rodgers), and how India/BCCI didn't do anything of the sort with their ATG (Tendulkar). That situation was being compared when you butted in and tried to say how Favre couldn't be compared to Tendulkar etc. when in fact the comparison was pretty valid. Pls go back and feel free to check what the discussion was before you showed up.