Why Tendulkar must retire now

no chance in hell?how do you know for a fact?easy to ask,no? both are gonna be bets,then I'll rather bet on someone who has done well there,who knows his form may come back?:winky: and no,we cant unearth other Pujara in SA conditions,the already unearthed Pujara would do well to have a decent series there
i`ll tell u a fact,anyone who replaces sachin for saf tour will fare better than him
Which youngster deserves to be there?Kohli' date='Pujara,Dhawan,Vijay.they'll already go.If anyone does well on A tour,maybe but we dont need so many youngsters there imo.just Dhoni will be left for experience then[/quote'] Any youngster. It is not like we are going to win there with out of form SRT there. We never won even when he was in form.
Which youngster deserves to be there?Kohli' date='Pujara,Dhawan,Vijay.they'll already go.If anyone does well on A tour,maybe but we dont need so many youngsters there imo.just Dhoni will be left for experience then[/quote'] How about Rohit, Jiwanjot, Rahane, Manoj Tiwary etc.? There are always youngsters who deserve a run. In the past year we have benched Sehwag, Gambhir, Dravid & Laxman and nearly every time youngsters have done well. Tendulkar's 10s, 20s or 30s canvery well be scored by any one of those youngsters. I don't want to see "God" of choking taken to SA at the cost of any youngster but I know it's too much to ask of our selectors.
Which youngster deserves to be there?Kohli' date='Pujara,Dhawan,Vijay.they'll already go.If anyone does well on A tour,maybe but we dont need so many youngsters there imo.just Dhoni will be left for experience then[/quote'] In Sachin's current form i would rather take a pace bowler in place of Sachin
You can laugh all you want. But even if go by stats' date=' Murali is much better than Warne all things considered, unless as the Aussiesand their press does deflect the discussion to other non-cricket related things, when the ICC cleared Murali, for being unfairly persecuted.[/quote'] Gaping hole in Warne's stats in India - 20. Overrated. gaping hole in Murli's stats in Aus (not even the best players of spin) - 55. Not overrated. :laugh: Also you don't think Sachin is overrated but rate him at the level of RD, Laxman. If you live in this world you would know he is rated way above both of them. So he is also overrated according to you. And so many people rate him as the greatest since Bradman. So according to your logic of when so many say the same thing it must be true.:laugh:
Only got himself to blame, has hung around like a bad smell and become a passenger in the team. It's like his captaincy all over agian, unable to make difficult decisions and show leadership. Have no sympathy for him.
Karma? Certainly look like it. Since that dismal tour of Australia, after this home stand (10 tests) Sachin's average if one minnow adjusts(filter out BD and Zim) is less than Kallis, Ponting, Lara, Chanders from the recent generation. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;opposition=1;opposition=140;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=runs;spanmin1=15+Mar+1989;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting As you said, he has himself to blame for this. His obsession for records has back fired, in this case.
How about Rohit' date=' Jiwanjot, Rahane, Manoj Tiwary etc.? There are always youngsters who deserve a run. In the past year we have benched Sehwag, Gambhir, Dravid & Laxman and nearly every time youngsters have done well. Tendulkar's 10s, 20s or 30s canvery well be scored by any one of those youngsters. I don't want to see "God" of choking taken to SA at the cost of any youngster[b'] but I know it's too much to ask of our selectors.
Offcourse it is when they could not remove the Puny God Of whitewashes Dhoni.Its hard enough removing Tendulkar.
Offcourse it is when they could not remove the Puny God Of whitewashes Dhoni.Its hard enough removing Tendulkar.
If you look closer you might actually see the so called "ecperienced" folks were the reason for the white washed in the first place. We had to kick out most of those guys bar one to win this series. If we had stuck to the same lineup we would have lost to Aus at home too. No captain in the world will win you much unless your batsmen can at least bat through a day and score 300+ at minimum. Clarke was hailed such a great and aggressive captain before the series and we have all seen what happened when batsmen don't put up runs or you don't have bowlers to take wkts or exert control in those conditions.

Worst article from the respectable writer. Sloppy writing from him.

To be more specific, if Sachin had retired after the 2011 World Cup, which India won in part because of his 85 against Pakistan in the semi-final, he would surely have been honoured with the Bharat Ratna.
Really? I don't think he is saying it as a figure of speech. It was a scratchy innings at best.
Haramuk's theories are cynical. His sense of idealism is quite extra-ordinary. You can't have careers like a museum - there will be ups/downs' date=' nemesis/bunnies for every player! By that standards, one can call anyone to be "over rated".[/quote'] Great post!
If you look closer you might actually see the so called "ecperienced" folks were the reason for the white washed in the first place. We had to kick out most of those guys bar one to win this series. If we had stuck to the same lineup we would have lost to Aus at home too. No captain in the world will win you much unless your batsmen can at least bat through a day and score 300+ at minimum. Clarke was hailed such a great and aggressive captain before the series and we have all seen what happened when batsmen don't put up runs or you don't have bowlers to take wkts or exert control in those conditions.
Then why not make anybody captain.We are not talking about whitewash but 2 clean sweeps and a home defeat.His shocking selections and field positions are part of folklore.I really do not want to discuss those things over and over again particularly over again particularly today.
Then why not make anybody captain.We are not talking about whitewash but 2 clean sweeps and a home defeat.His shocking selections and field positions are part of folklore.I really do not want to discuss those things over and over again particularly over again particularly today.
Anyone like Sehwag? Oh wait ... he doesn't do enough to even be in the team! :--D
Gaping hole in Warne's stats in India - 20. Overrated. gaping hole in Murli's stats in Aus (not even the best players of spin) - 55. Not overrated. :laugh:
What is the 20, you listed there? What again is Warne's bowling average versus India in Tests? What is it while bowling in India in Tests? You can embellish all you want with Murali's exploits in Australia. I have no issues with it, but mind you I have in above posts explained why I think Warne is overated.
Also you don't think Sachin is overrated but rate him at the level of RD, Laxman. If you live in this world you would know he is rated way above both of them. So he is also overrated according to you.
Sachin's level in Tests is the same as that of Dravid and Laxman. So I am fine with the world I live in, unlike the fanatcial and hero-worship world you live in.
And so many people rate him as the greatest since Bradman. So according to your logic of when so many say the same thing it must be true.:laugh:
I have no problems people rating Sachin how they want. He certainly will be in the conversation, so will so many others. All these are subjective anyway.
Anyone like Sehwag? Oh wait ... he doesn't do enough to even be in the team! :--D
He did when he scored a century in first test against england.Even Pujara,kohli would have done but the next round of whitewashes will make sure it happens.