IPL 2013 - Mumbai Indians

1983-2011

Other batsmen struggled as much as Sachin struggled. At the end of the day, Sachin is not winning the matches for MI. Whether he got a great ball or not, that can't be used as an excuse for him clinging on. Everybody knows that he's failed as an opener for MI, whether you like it or not. I'm pretty sure MI will try to keep on winning INSPITE of him in the team. It's a fact that MI wins matches when he gets out quickly. And it's a proven fact...
so why the change in stance from the post earlier? I think its safe to say Naraine bowled well. Lets just accept that and move on. Even Rohit made bit of a mess of himself when he got out to the Narine ball. Sachin actually has a better stats than somebody like Mooli for CSK in this IPL. Yet i dont see any talk in the CSK thread of dropping him. The fact is sachin has done well for Mumbai in most seasons. Its just this season that he has struggled. Deserves to be carried IMO. The fact is Mumbai have no good Indian batsman in reserve. No other openers. There are no replacements. You would have a point if Mumbai did have a batsman on the sidelines or even a foreign player who is excellent at opening. We have Phillip Hughes and Blizzard. Put a spinner on and both of them will be out wasting balls.

So TINA factor? There's no alternative of Sachin in MI line up? :giggle: You don't see any talk of Mooli to be dropped in CSK threads? Check it out again... Sachin has done well for MI in most seasons? That's why MI hasn't won IPL so far and am pretty sure won't in the future.. The guy has ZERO responsibilities. Yeda Ban Ke Pera Kha Raha Hain..

See the highlights. Amazing gap between his bat and pad. TBH' date=' I and many other MI fans would be thankful that he got out quickly. Although by then he had done the damage (2 runs in 6 balls)...[/quote'] yeah like i said i dont know what he was playing for his bat was going away from body and ball would have only hit bat if there was absolutely no turn

yeah like i said i dont know what he was playing for his bat was going away from body and ball would have only hit bat if there was absolutely no turn
He was struggling against Ajmal as well recently. Then even Nathan lyon pwned him. I told you he is not able to read spinners well these days.

He was struggling against Ajmal as well recently. Then even Nathan lyon pwned him. I told you he is not able to read spinners well these days.
he is not even able to play fast bowlers too:cantstop: its time to go now ..maybe he should play ipl for 5 more years to pawn bambis :icflove:

Absolutely. Him crawling on all four limbs while getting bowled to all and sundry spinners has been embarrassingly regular...

so why the change in stance from the post earlier? I think its safe to say Naraine bowled well. Lets just accept that and move on. Even Rohit made bit of a mess of himself when he got out to the Narine ball. Sachin actually has a better stats than somebody like Mooli for CSK in this IPL. Yet i dont see any talk in the CSK thread of dropping him. The fact is sachin has done well for Mumbai in most seasons. Its just this season that he has struggled. Deserves to be carried IMO. The fact is Mumbai have no good Indian batsman in reserve. No other openers. There are no replacements. You would have a point if Mumbai did have a batsman on the sidelines or even a foreign player who is excellent at opening. We have Phillip Hughes and Blizzard. Put a spinner on and both of them will be out wasting balls.
When you are comparing Sachin with somebody like Mooli Vijay, this shows the level Sachin has fallen too.

Because Mooli doesn't score 47-ball fifties. He just gets out 3rd or 4th ball he faces so he doesn't waste many balls.

'I knew KKR wouldn't be able to stop me easily' - Smith Dwayne Smith, with 62 off 45, helped Mumbai Indians arrest a slump by scoring a five-wicket win over Kolkata Knight Riders on Wednesday. While he was disappointed not to stay on till the end after setting up the chase, Smith said, he was always confident of dealing with Knight Riders' bowlers. "My message to myself was to go there, get in and do what I want; I knew they won't be able to stop me that easily," Smith told the IPL site after the match. "I am the kind of guy who believes in doing what I know best. Today I just thought I had to give my team a good start, and I did it." Smith's innings included three fours and five sixes and, while he managed just 2 off 6 balls against Sunil Narine, he took apart Knight Riders' supporting spinners, Sachithra Senanayake and Iqbal Abdulla. He smacked 20 off 8 off Senanayake, and 31 off 19 from Abdulla. He did not look to go after any bowler in particular, Smith said: "I did not target any bowler. My plan was to get as much as possible from any bowler bowling to me, apart from Sunil Narine, because he was the one who was taking the wickets for them. "Eventually I gave away my wicket to him which was disappointing. I should have batted on and tried to get the side home." Left-arm spinner Abdulla, playing his first game of the tournament, began with a testing over in which he conceded just one run, before being hit for six four times by Smith. Abudulla, who was the Under-23 Player of the IPL in 2011, was not too discouraged though. "I feel it was Dwayne Smith's day today," he said. "I had bowled the second over of the match, wherein Smith could score only one off me. There was even a small chance off the third ball that could have got him out, he was saved [from being bowled] just by an inch. I guess had we got that wicket, it would have been a different result." The conditions, after the rain leading up to the match, had proved to be a bit difficult for Knight Riders' bowlers, Abdulla said. "The ball was getting wet just a bit and it was difficult to grip the ball. Apart from Sunil Narine, I guess Senanayake and myself could not extract as much spin from the wicket." Still, the target of 160 was enough for the bowlers to work with, he said. "We were playing at home and we always had the confidence in our bowling. One-sixty was defendable on this wicket. It is just that we did not pick wickets at regular intervals."
:facepalm:

When you are comparing Sachin with somebody like Mooli Vijay' date=' this shows the level Sachin has fallen too.[/quote'] Well isnt Mooli vijay in the Indian team? Your hardly talking about a domestic only player. Knowing Srini mama he is probably going to get selected for the Indian team for the Champions trophy. Sachin gets out to the spinners simply because he views them as means to score runs and force the impetus. In the match v Rajasthan he got caught out by going for a sweep and forcing the issue. Thats like saying KP has a "weakness" to left arm spinners. No in reality he just like to smash them out of the park and gets out in the process most of the time. And i state again, Mumbai dont have a replacement for Sachin. Hell i dont think we have a suitable replacement for Rayadu. Our Indian batters are thin. We have plenty of bowling all rounders and bowlers of Indian stock.

Because Mooli doesn't score 47-ball fifties. He just gets out 3rd or 4th ball he faces so he doesn't waste many balls.
actually he has scored a 50 ball 50 in this ipl. This statement has to be the biggest :emc: in a long time. Murali vijay has a strike rate of 96 which is the slowest among all regular openers in the IPL in the 7 matches he has played. He has been so bad Ashwin opened in his place.