1. 1.

• Ishant Sharma
    • Ashok Dinda
    • Chetan Chauhan
    • VRV Singh
    • Abey Kurvilla
    • Vinay Kumar
    • Dodda Ganesh

Looks like a collection of who's-who of the bottom of fast bowling barrel. 80s and 90s were replete with such bowlers who were picked to partner kapil Dev. There was awesome Rajinder Singh Ghai who bowled with a Waqar lie action (before Waqar hiself did so). However Ghai was a cool 3/4th of a foot shorter than Waqar. my pick would be Bharathi Arun. Left arm fast bowler who played 2 Test matches against Sri Lanka. His bowling was as awesome as his beginning to Test cricket. Still remember his debut delivery and the lovely Hindi commentary on Doordarshan. Ye naye daayein haath ke tej gati ke gendbaaz Bharathi Arun. Bowling mark pe. Teji se daudte huye, bowling wicket ke paas, ye inhohein chalaang lagayi. Dekhna hai inki pahli gend kya hoti hai, aur ye hawa mein ........................................... yeh lijiye ye to gir gaye! (Arun slipped and fell on his first delivery)
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Lurker in Cricket Talk Section:woot: you should stay here,man:hysterical:
Nahin yaar' date=' Arun was right hand bowler. I remember because in the Kanpur ODI in that series India were bowled out for 100 or so with the chief destroyer being Ranatunga and I recall comparing how similar Arun's bowling style was to Ranatunga. That should tell all you need to know about Arun's bowling. :hysterical:[/quote'] Ranatunga destroyed us with his bowling :WTF:
man' date='8-0 doesnt sound all that bad now.we would have been seriously crap back then:hysterical:[/quote'] To be fair, it was a one off with the team taking the opposition lightly and everyone just throwing their wickets away. They won the following 4 matches to take the ODI series 4-1 and the tests 2-0.

I can't believe how long this list is getting :cantstop: If the question was about the best fast bowler, it would have been a much shorter conversation with the usual suspects - Nissar, Kapil, Srinath - and not much debate thereafter.

To be fair' date=' it was a one off with the team taking the opposition lightly and everyone just throwing their wickets away. They won the following 4 matches to take the ODI series 4-1 and the tests 2-0.[/quote'] It was in that series na when Azhar made a brilliant 199 ? :hmmm:
To be fair' date=' it was a one off with the team taking the opposition lightly and everyone just throwing their wickets away. They won the following 4 matches to take the ODI series 4-1 and the tests 2-0.[/quote'] ok that makes it better but still:hysterical:
Other than a handful of fast bowlers all our pacers have been a joke. Take out Kapil, Zak, Srinath, Prasad, Agarkar in odis, Amar Singh and Mohammad Nissar we have been cr@p as far as fast bowling is concerned :sad: O.
You have put Prasad in that list but not Irfan and Ishant who both have more test wickets than him.
How likes of Mithooon and Unadkat could be called "fast" is beyond me :dontknow:
Unadkat is just 21 and has gotten better and quicker now. Mithun's action was one of the worst I have seen. He has changed a bit now, but still needs improvement. We cannot already have these guys in this list because both are young. Matter of fact, we never had really quick bowlers. Srinath, Zak his first 2-3 years, Umesh now, Ishant at times, Nehra at times, Sreeshant at times, Aaron are only real quick bowlers come to my mind.
Unadkat is just 21 and has gotten better and quicker now. Mithun's action was one of the worst I have seen. He has changed a bit now' date=' but still needs improvement. We cannot already have these guys in this list because both are young.[/quote'] But Unadkat was called "fast" when he was picked and I'm going accordingly. I was shocked to see him bowl around 122 kph in SA without any seam, swing, bounce, pace, movement etc. Even Ranatunga looked more dangerous than him IMO.