Uttar Pradesh thread

Rajma Chawal

The ministers can make those comments dime a dozen' date= no reason why Cops should pay heed. These ministers, and those who stand behind them, are brainless as is. More importantly whats with Harvard, and other reputed institutes like them, to invite Indian CMs and Ministers? What has Akhilesh Yadav done that one of the top institutions around the world has to hold a seminar for them? This has been done for other leaders too. Laloo Yadav used to use this to the hlt to suggest how Harvard was learning from him but his opposition were simply haters.
Recently a cop was suspended for doing something similar in a hospital, Tamil Nadu I guess.

Well she clearly had not met Suri, my RIT Jamshedpur buddy. Suri was an Andhra gult whose father has settled in Ranchi. He and I were visiting a fellow girl student who lived in Ranchi. Her father was lazying in the garden on one of those old rocking chairs. That was also the only chair in the garden. After the usual namaste, beta kaise ho, kabhi Papa Mummy ko lekar aao etc..her Dad said Khade kyun ho baith jaao. Suri looks at me and deadpans - Kya be kya kahta hai, Uncle ke la**e pe baith jaayein. needless to say we couldnt meet the girl student :giggle::giggle:
Really ? :omg:

Well she clearly had not met Suri, my RIT Jamshedpur buddy. Suri was an Andhra gult whose father has settled in Ranchi. He and I were visiting a fellow girl student who lived in Ranchi. Her father was lazying in the garden on one of those old rocking chairs. That was also the only chair in the garden. After the usual namaste, beta kaise ho, kabhi Papa Mummy ko lekar aao etc..her Dad said Khade kyun ho baith jaao. Suri looks at me and deadpans - Kya be kya kahta hai, Uncle ke la**e pe baith jaayein. needless to say we couldnt meet the girl student :giggle::giggle:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: you really should post more such stories.

LUCKNOW: The driver and cleaner of a truck transporting onions were murdered on a highway in Uttar Pradesh after a gang looted the consignment, police said on Friday. A 10-member gang has been robbing trucks carrying vegetables from neighbouring Madhya Pradesh, police say. Jaunpur's Superintendent of Police Happy Guptan told IANS that three members of the gang were arrested on Thursday evening. They admitted to looting the truck, which was coming from Tamil Nadu, on the night of Oct 7-8 near Satarhia and killing its driver and cleaner. The criminals had followed the truck coming from Tamil Nadu in two Indigo cars. They intercepted it and told the driver that they were from the Mandi Samiti and wanted to check the consignment. The perpetrators then drugged the driver and cleaner and shot them in the head. While the driver's body was dumped in Sigramau in Jaunpur district, the cleaner was dumped in Sultanpur. A special task force of the Uttar Pradesh Police nabbed two of the gang members soon after the incident. Three more were arrested Thursday night. The gang members confessed to carrying out a similar murder of another truck driver in Vardha in Azamgarh two months back, Guptan said. The cleaner of that truck escaped. That truck was, however, carrying tomatoes, which quickly rotted and had to be dumped instead of being sold. It was then that the gang decided to hit trucks carrying non-perishable items such as onion, police said. Police say there have been eight such incidents on the Allahabad-Manganwa road (from Rewa) and Allahabad-Varanasi road in the past two months. "While we initially though these are routine robberies with the victims killed for fear of being identified later, the interrogation of the first lot revealed bizzare aspects of the crime," Guptan told IANS. Officials blamed it all on the steep hike in onion prices. An alert has been sounded for onion robbers, who are on the run. Not long ago, an egg vendor was shot dead in Etah district as he had not sprinkled onions in an omelette served to some youth. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Onions-leading-to-murders-on-UP-roads/articleshow/25067965.cms

Though all seven stolen buffaloes of urban development minister Azam Khan were recovered by Monday, three Uttar Pradesh police officers have been sent back to reserve police lines for ‘dereliction of duty’. Advertisement Ekta Tiraha police station in-charge, sub-inspector Sunil Kumar, and constables Ajay and Vipin have been sent to the police lines. The police station covers the Mandakini chowk area where the minister’s cattle house is located. Repeated attempts by HT to contact SSP Sadhna Goswami went unanswered. The massive hunt, led by SSP Sadhna Goswami, for the minister’s buffaloes — complete with sniffer dogs — caught media attention on Saturday and put in focus the ‘personal staff’ role played by the state police when it comes to UP MLAs and MPs. But this isn’t the first time the state police has been used by a minster or an MLA for personal deeds. A home department officer said 6,000 police officers are attached to politicians of the Congress, BJP, BSP, SP, RLD and even members of smaller parties like Apna Dal, Peace Party and Qaumi Ekta Dal. UP spends Rs. 22 crore a year to pay their salary and allowances. But what do these officers do? Some of the cops deputed to ministers and MLAs told the Hindustan Times that rather than providing security they do odd jobs like take the politicians’ family members to the shops. DS Chauhan, an arms training instructor to the recruits, was appointed as a ‘gunner’ to a SP MLA. He’s now busy shopping for vegetables and carrying gas cylinders. “I am forced to do domestic work at the MLA’s residence. I don’t get calls to do training or provide training. My service revolver is rusting,†said Chauhan In another case constables assisted former BSP MLA Shekhar Tiwari in kidnapping PWD engineer Manoj Gupta in 2008. Gupta was later killed by Tiwari and his body was dumped near Dibiyapur police station. In 2011, the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad high court gave life term to SHO Hoshiyar Singh as well as constables Pal Singh and Gajraj Singh. There was a furor, also in 2011, when a DSP-rank officer was seen cleaning dust off the then CM Mayawati’s shoes. Read: When Mayawati ordered a probe into bee attack And while the state police was busy looking for buffaloes, Shamshi Khan, a resident of Ganj area in Rampur, has been running from pillar to post to get back R40 lakh looted by dacoits in November 2013. “I have lodged an FIR but the police have not arrested the culprits nor recovered the looted amount,†he rued. But there are attempts to stop politicians from using the police as their personal force. The home department officer said that instructions have been given to the cops not to work as personal staff of the politicians. Meanwhile, state DGP Rizwan Ahmad said the cops have been told to refurbish their image and work as a ‘common people police force’. http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/rampur-police-in-overdrive-to-recover-azam-khan-s-stolen-buffaloes/article1-1179732.aspx