A humble request....

beetle

Can you guys keep the tharki comments to one or two "marked " threads please? Please don't post them in all threads.....some ofthe comments make some of us cringe..... It's like watching your perfectly sane cousins get drunk at a wedding , doing a collective pelvic dance...... I apologise in advance if I hurt someones feelings.

Disagreed. I would much rather have people speak their minds than pretend to act goody two shoes. And trust me when I say this a lot of guys, certainly me, talk very much like what they appear on message board from time to time. Then again sooner or later most of the desi message boards do get this bite of reality where everyone has to be on their best behaviour lest women be offended. xxx

Disagreed. I would much rather have people speak their minds than pretend to act goody two shoes. And trust me when I say this a lot of guys, certainly me, talk very much like what they appear on message board from time to time. xxx
Precisely. Whats the point in talking trash when you converse with friends and behave all goody and "british" in when it comes to a MB.

Precisely. Whats the point in talking trash when you converse with friends and behave all goody and "british" in when it comes to a MB.
There is no such thing as talking trash Sriram. It is merely that people speak differently. What is accepted by some is not accepted by others. But to start classifying as one trash and other whatever is ridiculous. When Yuvraj mentioned an expletive in one of the 20/20 post games many of us loved it, many wouldnt have liked it perhaps. That doesnt mean the first lot (or the second lot) is/was wrong. Its just the way we people converse. Anyway I don't mean to initiate a debate on this. I suppose I have made my point on where my personal stand is on this one. xxx

if you feel like part of the mb coumminty then you gotta be considerate to others.. i personally feel sometimes you guys are offending women.. i would say make a separate section and let them have their fun..
Okay I know I said my point is done in my last post but I shall break it one time. My issue is not to be inconsiderate towards other on a MB, my issue is with a blanket statement like "keep it in one thread". Whatever does that mean? Keep what in one thread? Please compile a list of what can/can not be put in a thread lest it be offensive to some member. I would hope people who feel uncomfortable should already have a list on this. xxx

There is no such thing as talking trash Sriram. It is merely that people speak differently. What is accepted by some is not accepted by others. But to start classifying as one trash and other whatever is ridiculous. When Yuvraj mentioned an expletive in one of the 20/20 post games many of us loved it, many wouldnt have liked it perhaps. That doesnt mean the first lot (or the second lot) is/was wrong. Its just the way we people converse. Anyway I don't mean to initiate a debate on this. I suppose I have made my point on where my personal stand is on this one. xxx
Lurks , thanks for correcting me on that one. You are right , there is no such thing as "trash". It is what is acceptable to some and what is not acceptable to others. My point is , noone should be labeled "nymphomaniac" if he passes lewd comments while others are called saints coz he keeps away.

A few important things which we should look for is that (1) there is "mutual respect" for each other even during dis-agreements. (2) we are not personally obusive and jokes, moments of joyful discussions where expletives are used are taken in proper spirit by other members. (3) As long as expletives used are not directed towards co-ICFers, it should be fine, at the same time making sure that perceived bad words are also not directed towards our Country, language, culture, society, region and our players -playing for the nation.