Gambhir has signed for Essex for the English county season

StriKe

to be fair they were happy early on. However 4 failures of different degrees with the bat have really eroded the value they thought they had
I check the replies of Essex tweets and they were overjoyed when the announcement was made and now its either "waste of money" of sarcastic tweets directed to GG.
how many more innings has GG got? Hope he redeems himself
9 innings in total.

how long is it taking him to work on it? he is 30 and some flaws just cant be worked on. I dont think it can ever be eliminated. GG simply needs to raise other part of his game and work around it. Its a bit like my athletes foot. I dont have anything right now. But its a sort of thing that never truly goes away. Hence i am careful with my footwear.

His team Essex have got 4 batting points as of now and are in the hunt for a 5th..... So atleast GG is dragging down the performance of Essex. Otherwise there would be some real moans from the Essex fans. Since GG has arrived Essex have won 2 ODIs and drawn one county match and have got a good score in the first innings of his second county game. So GG is part of a firing unit. Which makes his failures even worse.

Playing and proving oneself in county is hard toil!! He away from all his comfort zones, no homely luxuries, no management, new team mates, different conditions and to top all this high expectations!! I was sure GG will struggle initially. The question is how he picks himself up from here. Rather than sit at home and send out regular press releases about how he is training with his childhood coach, adolescent coach, favourite coach, Ranji coach etc..etc.... What he should be doing is proving himself as a batsman in challenging conditions. Its no more about getting back to the Indian team, captaincy pipe dreams etc... now more than ever GG has to realise his past laurels mean zilch and he has to prove himself as a batsman from scratch.

essex should be in the hunt for quick runs today.To give themselves enough time to get a victory. its funny really. Monty or GG have not dine anything of note. Yet Essex give playing well.
Monty has atleast done a bit with the bat with his 20 that got them to 400. On the other hand, Chawla is being lauded by Somerset fans.

oh yeah. I read in one pub in Somerset they have even named a drink after him. Dont know how true it is. People talk about being home sick for GG but Somerset is really rural even by English standards. Alteast Essex is a part of London with a large asian community.