Life after marriage.

Number

The biggest casualty in a marriage in the sense of humour of the people involved. Before marriage, my husband used to jokes on everyone, and every topic. No matter how sacrosanct the subject/person/topic. These days, most of his jokes are self deprecating.
It may just be a sign of age, not parenthood.

NAGPUR: Men’s rights activists from all across the country are calling on the society to oppose the Marriage Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2010. Calling the proposed bill as an anti-male and anti-marriage entity, the men have opposed discussion of the bill in the ongoing monsoon session of Parliament as they feel not enough discussion have been done while formulating the bill. The activists insist that the bill, which gives divorced women an equal stake in the husband’s ancestral property, will result in several damaging results, with men being scared of marrying. They also say that it gives the women an unfair advantage. The activists have even declared that not only will they not vote for any member of Parliament who votes in favour of the bill, they would also actively lobby against all such MPs. “Most men do not marry until they are well settled in life and have a house of their own. For that, they toil day in and day out in order to eke out a living worthy to possess a property. And tomorrow, with the passage of this law, if a man tends to lose his hard-earned property, then men and their families would see no reason for marriage,†said city-based men’s right activist Rajesh Vakharia. He also said that such laws will only promote the concept of divorce and open the doors of unfair use of laws by women. “Such laws only feed fuel to the fire of gynophobia (fear of women) in the society. There are enough false cases and extortion faced by men under laws regarding domestic violence,†said Vakharia. Activists have urged the government to pass the bill only after sufficient debate, discussion and deliberations, and take all stakeholders into confidence.
:hysterical:

@ diga's post There is some merit to their argument.It is a law that will be misused . Instead of this ,the law should make it compulsory for parents to give property rights to daughters . All inherited property should be off limits in divorce. All property made after marriage should be divided half.If a spouse invests in joint or family property after marriage....that property should be divided too according to the share of the spouse. This law was brought about because men were using every loophole to deny women basic rights like maintenance and child support.Money was invested in joint property or in the name of parents or siblings. There is no record for actual earnings of most Indians so women were the sufferers. Left on the road with kids to support while the man was free to start a new life without any disadvantage.You abuse the law...you pay the price. Tough luck!

TIP for nappy rash (for the guys with little ones) For mild nappy rash ,use coconut oil....the pure one (like parachute....not the kio karpin type).Works wonders. Not for bad nappy rash though. Also expose the rash area to sun for 20-30 minutes .

@ diga's post There is some merit to their argument.It is a law that will be misused . Instead of this ,the law should make it compulsory for parents to give property rights to daughters
That I agree.. I think its already a practice in most urban households
All inherited property should be off limits in divorce.
What about the children? Dont they get a share of the property?
This law was brought about because men were using every loophole to deny women basic rights like maintenance and child support.Money was invested in joint property or in the name of parents or siblings. There is no record for actual earnings of most Indians so women were the sufferers. Left on the road with kids to support while the man was free to start a new life without any disadvantage.You abuse the law...you pay the price. Tough luck!
agree

Children should get a share of father and mother's inheritable property once they reach adulthood /if the parent dies...... If the property goes to the children...there is less likely hood of abuse and bitterness.People won't seek divorce for property . If they have children...then children should get inheritable property while the parents should have the right to decide about self earned property.(to prevent abuse of parents in old age)

This law was brought about because men were using every loophole to deny women basic rights like maintenance and child support.Money was invested in joint property or in the name of parents or siblings. There is no record for actual earnings of most Indians so women were the sufferers. Left on the road with kids to support while the man was free to start a new life without any disadvantage.You abuse the law...you pay the price. Tough luck!
Are you saying all men should pay for what some do? or that the ones who abuse the law should be made to part with their ancestral property?If it is the latter then who decides that abuse is happening?

Are you saying all men should pay for what some do? or that the ones who abuse the law should be made to part with their ancestral property?If it is the latter then who decides that abuse is happening?
If men were paying maintenance and child support honestly then there would be no need for this law. Most men were investing money in joint property or the parents were disinheriting the son during divorce so he wouldn't have to pay. It is almost impossible to find out the real income of non salaried people ...so how would the court decide on child maintenance. There were also cases of men leaving their salaried jobs and joining family business for no pay,just to not pay up.(This was on a news discussion with women rights group in the panel...)

Congrats nikky bawa.:icflove:
Congrats...Nikky boy.:two_thumbs_up:
There cause is legit imo, but "men's rights activism in India" sounds funny.:cantstop: Congrats Nikred .
Oooi Nikhil Reddy paaji mubarakaan!:two_thumbs_up:
congrats :pray:
Thank you all. :icflove: I have no clue what to wear for the engagement. Any suggestions are welcome. :pray:

Thank you all. :icflove: I have no clue what to wear for the engagement. Any suggestions are welcome. :pray:
What the heck?? :confused: You're getting engaged tomorrow and you haven't yet bought decided what you'll be wearing. :whack: This alone should be grounds for annulment. :D I had my engagement attire in place 2 months before my engagement. Also had a back up dress, just in case I saw many others wearing the same colour. :D

If men were paying maintenance and child support honestly then there would be no need for this law. Most men were investing money in joint property or the parents were disinheriting the son during divorce so he wouldn't have to pay. It is almost impossible to find out the real income of non salaried people ...so how would the court decide on child maintenance. There were also cases of men leaving their salaried jobs and joining family business for no pay,just to not pay up.(This was on a news discussion with women rights group in the panel...)
So to balance out the unfairness of some men this law goes to the other extreme. The law sees only the liars and crooks. It refuses to acknowledge the men who are fair. So the law is saying, be a liar and a thief because that's what we think men can be in India and that's the only way you will get a fair deal if things go wrong in your marriage. You have to cheat her first and then when the law gets you everyone will get justice. The rest of you are idiots or don't even exist cause that's how things roll in india.

What the heck?? :confused: You're getting engaged tomorrow and you haven't yet bought decided what you'll be wearing. :whack: This alone should be grounds for annulment. :D I had my engagement attire in place 2 months before my engagement. Also had a back up dress, just in case I saw many others wearing the same colour. :D
No good days till november. The girl has to go back to Pune. So the date is fixed a lot lot earlier. :((