Life after marriage.

Number

In my team I am the only bachelor guy. All others are married with kids. Every Friday, they will ask me about my weekend plans. I will tell them about my regular things like party with friends on Friday night, play a lot of cricket in Saturday and Sunday and in the evenings go out with my Friend :--D. I just love the look on their faces. The helplessness. :--D. According to them weekends are the worst days for them. They have to do all the shopping for the week, take their wives to doctor, go to kid's school to meet the teacher. That is just the life after marriage.

In my team I am the only bachelor guy. All others are married with kids. Every Friday' date=' they will ask me about my weekend plans. I will tell them about my regular things like party with friends on Friday night, play a lot of cricket in Saturday and Sunday and in the evenings go out with my Friend :--D. I just love the look on their faces. The helplessness. :--D. According to them weekends are the worst days for them. They have to do all the shopping for the week, take their wives to doctor, go to kid's school to meet the teacher. That is just the life after marriage.[/quote'] When their kids are out on their own...you will be lining up for school admission forms.:P They will have the last laugh :phehehe:

Married ICFers seem to be making up stories to make marriage sound more cumbersome than it actually is and in the process conforming to the stereotype of being critical of marriage' date=' once you are married because it's kooool to do so.[/quote'] sach bola hai...sach ke seewaye kuch nahi bola!!!:om:

When their kids are out on their own...you will be lining up for school admission forms.:P They will have the last laugh :phehehe:
Who gets the last laugh - A person who has enjoyed his youth with partying and friends then took up caring of kids in his midlife, or person who had kids in his youth, but is free of responsibilities in his old age? :giggle:

Who gets the last laugh - A person who has enjoyed his youth with partying and friends then took up caring of kids in his midlife' date=' or person who had kids in his youth, but is free of responsibilities in his old age? :giggle:[/quote'] Life is not about last laughs. I completely respect your decision to not marry, but at the very least can I expect a reciprocity for us married people who feel they are happy in their marriage?

sach bola hai...sach ke seewaye kuch nahi bola!!!:om:
I can go on with the stereotypical arguments about making a justification for marriage and kids, but I would not have given much heed to them a few years back myself, so would come across as a hypocrite. However, I would confess that the best part of my relationship has been our live in time together, probably exaggerated by the fact that our parents did not know about it and we went to the extent of keeping separate land lines on different sides of the bed.

Life is not about last laughs. I completely respect your decision to not marry' date=' but at the very least can I expect a reciprocity for us married people who feel they are happy in their marriage?[/quote'] Absolutely. A couple who genuinely feel they were made for each other, who practice completely open communication in all matters of their personal life without fear/awkwardness is one of the greatest things any human being can experience. The thing I don't believe that a vast majority of couples are like this. I also am not a believer in society forced monogamy, this should be a lifestyle choice, not the only way to live.

Absolutely. A couple who genuinely feel they were made for each other, who practice completely open communication in all matters of their personal life without fear/awkwardness is one of the greatest things any human being can experience.
There is no "vee aar maaade phor eaach other".
The thing I don't believe that a vast majority of couples are like this. I also am not a believer in society forced monogamy, this should be a lifestyle choice, not the only way to live.
Without getting into all these complicated things, I just feel happier being married than not being so. Isn't that a good enough justification for me to marry? In the same breath, I genuinely appreciate your decision on marriage, whatever it might be.