West Indies A tour of India, 2013

Chandan

What is Pujara doing in India A? He is our main test batsman and should not play A matches. You do not see Kohli playing ODI's for India A.
What you mean what is he doing? He doesnt have a guaranteed spot. He has to prove it first. Apne baap ki team hai ki aise hi ghus jaaye
What you mean what is he doing? He doesnt have a guaranteed spot. He has to prove it first. Apne baap ki team hai ki aise hi ghus jaaye
pujara has already proved himself. insecure bambis like you can keep worshipping dadaji, but the test record in the past year has proven that Pujara is currently India's number one test batsman whether you like it or not.
pujara has already proved himself. insecure bambis like you can keep worshipping dadaji' date=' but the test record in the past year has proven that Pujara is currently India's number one test batsman whether you like it or not.[/quote'] It's rather unfortunate that you can't see what I can see. :(( You will see the light one day and hate Pujara. Hope it's not too late
It's rather unfortunate that you can't see what I can see. :(( You will see the light one day and hate Pujara. Hope it's not too late
its rather unfortunate that instead of supporting India's currently number one test batsman, you just hold him to be an utter failure. going by the record in the past 2 years, its Dadaji who deserves this hate, not Pujara hate is a pretty strong word. i dont even hate padosis, i just laugh at them :hehe:
its rather unfortunate that instead of supporting India's currently number one test batsman, you just hold him to be an utter failure. going by the record in the past 2 years, its Dadaji who deserves this hate, not Pujara hate is a pretty strong word. i dont even hate padosis, i just laugh at them :hehe:
I feel your pain in those words bro. you will come around sooner than later :icflove:
http://goo.gl/cXAbq9 Mysore, and the domestic sparkle Shamya Dasgupta | 16 September 2013 KL-R1-405x270.jpg KL Rahul is probably a notch below Jiwanjot Singh in terms of staying power, but at just 21, he is as good a prospect as any. Â© Getty Images I am not sure if many readers share my enthusiasm for domestic cricket in India, but really, what a blockbuster start we have for the upcoming season. Sadly, the Champions League Twenty20 messes around with some of the India A matches, the entire Challenger Trophy and a bit of the Duleep Trophy – maybe the Indian teams should lose quickly! Still, there are a host of players – big and not-so-big – to watch, some interesting match-ups to track and, for people only interested in the future of the Indian cricket team, a fair bit of crystal ball-gazing to do. Incidentally, there’s some overlap between the Duleep and the India A series against West Indies A too, but at least all the players are playing days’ cricket at the same time – not ideal, but not as iffy as playing T20s instead! From past experience, most of the exchanges on social media (do we talk anywhere else these days?) will be about Yuvraj Singh in the one-dayers and Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir and Zaheer Khan in the four-dayers. None of them are involved in the CLT20, but they all are part of one or the other India A teams. Getting back into the Indian team is clearly their priority, and they have proved it by spending the off-season getting into shape. Gambhir went to play in Essex, Sehwag trained at the MRF Pace Academy in Chennai, and Yuvraj and Zaheer went on a hectic six-week physical training course to France, and are back looking distinctly fitter. None of them are shoo-ins for the Indian Test team at this stage of course, though Zaheer might feel a good show against West Indies A – fitness-wise more than ability-wise – and the other matches soon after will help him make the Test team ahead of one of the other pace options. But that’s about the big names. What about another important function of the domestic circuit – throwing up new names who can one day become big, become players who can make a mark at the first-class level for years to come? Now, I am travelling to Mysore for the first of three four-day games that India A will play against West Indies A, and I’m all charged up about it too. No, there won’t be any Gambhir, Sehwag or Zaheer; they enter the fray only for the last two games. But this team has – among others – Jiwanjot Singh, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Manprit Juneja, Parveez Rasool, Ishwar Pandey, Mohammad Shami, Ashok Dinda and Dhawal Kulkarni. And while West Indies A have a smattering of players on the fringes of selection to the national team, they don’t look strong enough to take on this lot in a days’ game – at least as things stand right now. So then, a reckoning of the boys who will be performing for me in Mysore … They say that a great debut first-class season, while greatly admirable, is not as important as the second one and the third one and so on. Sort of like a tennis player becoming No. 1 in the world: getting there, tough though it is, is not as tough as staying there. That’s the test for Jiwanjot. In the last Ranji Trophy season – his first – Jiwanjot totalled 995 runs from ten games at an average of 66.33. That’s come down a little since, but still stands at a healthy 62.76. There’s ability there, without doubt. The only time I ever saw him bat, against the visiting Australians in Chennai in February, he looked calm, composed and in total control before getting out for 24. To move up the ranks, and get that good second season in, Jiwanjot would do well to start on the right foot. Rahul is another exciting young opening batsman. He played just five games for Karnataka in the Ranji Trophy last season, but scored 400 runs at an average of 50 in those games. His first-class average of 38.84 after three seasons, where he hasn’t really been a regular with the state team, isn’t special. What is special is his run in the recent Under-23 series in Singapore, where he had scores of 46, 88, 51, 43 and 93 not out as India won. He’s probably a notch below Jiwanjot in terms of staying power, but at just 21, as good a prospect as any. Then there’s Pujara, and you don’t really need a reason to want to watch him bat, do you? There’s a sort of serenity to the way he goes about his batting and, usually, he bats for long periods. So when India A bat, it will be a toss up between wanting Jiwanjot and Rahul to stay in there long enough, and wanting one of them to go early so that Pujara gets a hit against the new ball. Hmmm … tricky. The other young man to watch is Juneja. The 193 he made to lead India A’s effort against New Zealand A in Visakhapatnam earlier this month must have raised his confidence, as well as his stocks. I liked what I saw of him in the IPL this year, where he showed quite a bit of class, and that’s always at a premium in Twenty20s, isn’t it? In recent times, enough has been written and said about Rasool, and about Ishwar Pandey. The two of them bowling alongside the likes of Mohammad Shami, Ashok Dinda and Dhawal Kulkarni ought to be something of a show. I have high expectations of Shami, my boy from Bengal, and have always liked his attitude and overall conduct on the cricket field. A friend who knows a little bit more about good batsmanship than I do, also has good things to say about Paras Dogra, the Himachal Pradesh regular, and it’s nice to see him get a hit at this level too. Exciting, isn’t it? Some of these young men are more than likely to feature in India A teams and, who knows, even in the Indian team in one format or the other in the near future. Let the selectors do their job, as they will, but for us observers there’s good reason to look homeward for the cricketing action as it travels around the country – starting in Mysore for me. ----------------------------------------- http://goo.gl/1g4eb3 INDIA A AND WEST INDIES A TEAMS TO ARRIVE IN MYSORE TODAY Mysore, Sept. 22 - With the first unofficial test match between India A and West Indies A teams being held at University of Mysore Platinum Jubilee Grounds (Gangothri Glades) from Sept. 25 to 28, both teams are expected to land in Mysore city this afternoon. The Indian team led by Cheteshwar Pujara is expected to land in Mysore at around 2 pm while the West Indies team led by Krik Edwards is also expected to arrive this afternoon. Both teams will be staying at Hotel Sandesh the Prince and will travel to Gangothri Glades for their practise sessions as well as the match. While Indians would be eager to repeat the T20 triumph, West Indies will look to continue with their winning spree after defeating the India A team 2-1 in the recently held three-match ODI series. While India A team has players like Cheteshwar Pujara, Mohammed Sami, Ashok Dinda and Dhawal Kulkarni, who have already represented the senior national side, West Indies also has players such as captain Kirk Edwards, Kieran Powell, Narasingh Deonaraine, who have also represented the West Indian national side. From India A team, Karantaka’s K.L. Rahul will be the players to watch out for as he would be playing in Mysore. This apart, Jammu and Kashmir’s player Parveez Rasool, who has been in news for a long time as a promising off-spinner will be look forward to cement his place in the national side. So far, Parveez has been deprived an opportunity to be part of the playing XI though he was a part of the national team which tour Zimbabwe recently. With rains lashing, KSCA has made arrangements for a super-sopper.
Please read the entire paragraph' date=' no offence, Unadkat , Vk , Narwal were bowling at 125 to 130 k which is sad, I have watched the games on willow, Shami, [b']Pandey, Pankaj are fast Medium and bowl 135 to 144 k range, while the former can be classified as fast spinners , Suyal, Aaron, Umesh, Suyal, Shukla can bowl fast, we cannot be a top team with the bowling attack worse then Hong Kong side.
The tall (6 feet 2 inches) and strapping Pandey, looks like he might well be a 140-clicks bowler, but he admits that he’s only at about “130 kph†at present. “I’m trying to increase my pace. I want to have an average of 135 kph from my current 130 kph. At higher levels, you need pace. If you bowl at 125 kph or so, you can get by with the new ball, but you won’t be as effective with the old ball. You need to be 135+.â€
http://www.wisdenindia.com/cricket-blog/ishwar-pandey-anvil/72848