Muzaffarnagar clashes: death toll rises to 12, Army called in

Number

Could have been better worded "no innocent gets unduly prosecuted"... but congress has to show its secularism' date=' right?[/quote'] Yep, why bring in one community every time. Similarly to when our PM talked about how Muslims have first right on our resources. Wonder how the reaction would have been had it been replaced with Hindus?

The problem is that the police departments are inadequately staffed, generally incompetent and often used as the armed militia of the netas. It takes a secular douche to pretend all that and the unimaginable suffering of the low zehniyat baniya community isn't a big problem but the minorities are the ones that should be left alone.

Statement is wrong if you look in the context of these riots only, but arrests of youths from minority community on terrorism charges is something that needs to be looked into. These large number of arrests have been complained widely and if you look at various news reports on daily basis, you would realize there are enough youths from minority community who were detained for years only to be released later as no charges were proven. That needs some attention. But I agree that has nothing to do in the case of MuzaffarNagar riots.
Shinda said "minorities" because the problem IS stereotyping minorities. I don't see how it could be better worded than changing the meaning.
Do not let ndtv propaganda affect you. Hindus also suffer greatly in this regard.

Do not let ndtv propaganda affect you. Hindus also suffer greatly in this regard.
It is not NDTV propoganda and I am not referring to riot situations. I am referring to documentory evidences where many muslim youths spent significant amount of time in jails on terrorism charges only to be proven wrong. Though I understand many of them would be sympathisers to terrorists without being directly involved in activities.

It is not NDTV propoganda and I am not referring to riot situations. I am referring to documentory evidences where many muslim youths spent significant amount of time in jails on terrorism charges only to be proven wrong. Though I understand many of them would be sympathisers to terrorists without being directly involved in activities.
+1. This is definitely an issue and need to be corrected quickly. If at all there could be more surveillance on some suspects but without proper charges, they cannot be held in for years like this. Without judge’s permission they cant be held for more than few days or weeks. It is grossly violated by force.

+1. This is definitely an issue and need to be corrected quickly. If at all there could be more surveillance on some suspects but without proper charges, they cannot be held in for years like this. Without judge’s permission they cant be held for more than few days or weeks. It is grossly violated by force.
This is a general issue, police can put anybody in jail without any proper evidence/case. Those without money/power languish in jail failing to make bail or even get the case heard in courts. Not just for minorities.

You have a point. But it is natural that mainly one community is under scanner in terror cases. Do we have some numbers on muslim youths spending significant amount of time in jails on terrorism charges only to be proven wrong? The following gives numbers of all undertrails people in jail -
Shinde said data from the National Crime Records Bureau showed that as on December 2011, the total number of undertrials in prisons was more than 2.41 lakh, of whom 51,206 or 21.2 per cent were Muslims.” ...nearly 1.9 lakh non-muslims, or 78.8 percent of the undertrials
http://governancenow.com/news/regular-story/fast-track-courts-innocent-muslims-5-questions-shinde

You have a point. But it is natural that mainly one community is under scanner in terror cases. Do we have some numbers on muslim youths spending significant amount of time in jails on terrorism charges only to be proven wrong? The following gives numbers of all undertrails people in jail - http://governancenow.com/news/regular-story/fast-track-courts-innocent-muslims-5-questions-shinde
I agree partially. I am not saying that Muslim youth's are targetted in a systematic manner or if there is any systematic bias. I understand in many cases arrests would be unavoidable to allow police discharge it's duty in proper manner. I put more blame on terrorists than on system or admin for these unjustified arrests. However, knowing how incompetent our police and over all criminal judiciary is, there would be enough number of cases where police would have arrested people without having concrete proofs, just to get monkey off their back. The data you posted is irrelevant here as it talks about all undertrials in country where undertrails under terrorism charges would be very tiny proportion of this.

I agree partially. I am not saying that Muslim youth's are targetted in a systematic manner or if there is any systematic bias. I understand in many cases arrests would be unavoidable to allow police discharge it's duty in proper manner. I put more blame on terrorists than on system or admin for these unjustified arrests. However, knowing how incompetent our police and over all criminal judiciary is, there would be enough number of cases where police would have arrested people without having concrete proofs, just to get monkey off their back. The data you posted is irrelevant here as it talks about all undertrials in country where undertrails under terrorism charges would be very tiny proportion of this.
Very well. It would have been much better if shinde had spoken on basis of stats rather than just on ndtv/cnnibn documentory. These channels can make a small issue look very big.stats that I gave show there's no systemic bias against muslims .

This is a general issue' date=' police can put anybody in jail without any proper evidence/case. Those without money/power languish in jail failing to make bail or even get the case heard in courts. Not just for minorities.[/quote'] I know that and that is exactly what i am saying because certain groups dont understand this that it is not just them but our whole justice system is terrible. Lalloo's cases took 18 years. Who cares about some noname minority kid who is in jail w/o charges. The sentiments are involved here. It is hard to justify that they have not be singled out. Its not that easy to change it. :((

^somebody here said' date=' the majority can take care of themselves, the minority needs pampering, appeasement and special attention.[/quote'] A sad situation for this country that people have such attitudes.:(( Apart from netas we also saw news channels like ndtv,CNN-ibn etc showing exclusively the sufferings of just one community.

अपने भाषण में सिर्फ मुसलमानों के दर्द और पीड़ा का जिक्र करके देश को बांटने की कोशिश कर रहे हैं राहुल गांधी और आरोप दूसरी पार्टियों पर लगा देंगे। क्या मुजफ्फरनगर में सिर्फ मुस्लिम समुदाय के ही लोग मरे थे। जिस मोदी को लोग सांप्रदायिक कहते हैं अब वो लोग राहुल गांधी के बांटने वाले भाषणों पर खामोश क्यों हैं। रैलियां तो मोदी की भी हो रही हैं लेकिन वो तो कहीं नहीं बोल रहा कि मुसलमान मर रहे हैं या हिंदू मर रहे हैं।

^somebody here said' date=' the majority can take care of themselves, the minority needs pampering, appeasement and special attention.[/quote'] A country is only as strong as it's weakest links. And what is our weakest link? Our poor, our lower caste, our minorities. If we don't strengthen them, the enemies will attack us through them always. But it is true. Pleasse look at how America handled the civil rights movement. Look at how the gay rights movement was handled by civilized countries Yes, the majority can take care of themselves as they are majority. You can see examples of this everywhere. From land owner refusing rented houses to non-vegetarians to people only marrying in their caste and community to people getting away with brutal honor murders, examples of majority looking after themselves is all around us There is no sad situation in "this" country. When black people are given equality in US, rednecks there cry just like you people saying there is white discrimination. When women are given special protection, some insecure men cry that men are being discriminated against. And when minorities are given their due, we also have majority crying about discrimination. None of this is true. Minorities today are the weakest link and a poor part of society (overall, not specific examples). Which child should a mother look after, a weak, crying child, or a healthy grown up child who can look after himself or has brothers who look after him? In every civilized country in the world, special laws for minorities and affirmation and positive discrimination holds true. Be it minorities in religion, in color, in gender, etc. We can follow their example and keep united or we can do what Pakistan does and completely work towards eliminating the minorities. It will just leave our country so much weaker

We are crying, we are insecure men, we unfairly get away while refusing to rent out our own houses to non vegetarians etc etc - all that kept aside for a while, the healthy child- weak child comparison is not correct. There were 15 Hindu lives lost as well. There were Hindus living in refugee camps as well. Netas and media houses did not perform their duties by portraying that just one community suffered. That's gross injustice to other community and suppression of truth - of the kind that helps country's enemies.