Ishwar Pandey Thread

It really is a shame that he has lost his pace. It is just another quick bowler turned into a medium-pacer. It is just a matter of time before it happens to Shami and Umesh, surely. It doesn't matter how much or how little they play international cricket, it just always happens. It seems inevitable.

This SAF series' date=' he has improved on this count a bit.[/quote'] He played one Ranji Trophy match, took five wickets and looked a changed bowler at the start of the end of the South Africa ODI series and beginning of the Test series. One wonders how much benefit playing the rest of the season would have done for him. I think the lower level is ideal for people like Ishant to regain confidence and form. When you are bowling to worse batsmen, it is easier to work out what works and what doesn't work.
He played one Ranji Trophy match' date=' took five wickets and looked a changed bowler at the start of the end of the South Africa ODI series and beginning of the Test series. One wonders how much benefit playing the rest of the season would have done for him. I think the lower level is ideal for people like Ishant to regain confidence and form. When you are bowling to worse batsmen, it is easier to work out what works and what doesn't work.[/quote'] Going back to domestic cricket works more often than not for most out of sorts player. The selectors should facilitate this more often. They have started doing this more often now. I guess they have time and opportunity to sort out their problems while getting match practice too. Plus there is the confidence factor where they can feel like bullies again.
A good example of this would be Unadkat's performance in Zimbabwe via a vis Shami. Unadkat looked exciting on the lively pitches of Zim. There were no speed guns there. Many thought he was quicker than Shami. In India, Shami still looked exciting but Unadkat became very plain. That is why I say a balance is needed.
I was watching some clips from the Zim tour and Unadkat was looking great! Made me be a temporary supporter because he looked quicker and bowled well. plus he was a left armer and young so had a lot going for him. Move to india and the ball took so much longer to reach the batsmen and he looked rubbish. If he could perform like in zim, he would be much better. But for me, he comes nowhere near the team unless he is 135 atleast. Has no swing so needs some pace.
I was watching some clips from the Zim tour and Unadkat was looking great! Made me be a temporary supporter because he looked quicker and bowled well. plus he was a left armer and young so had a lot going for him. Move to india and the ball took so much longer to reach the batsmen and he looked rubbish. If he could perform like in zim, he would be much better. But for me, he comes nowhere near the team unless he is 135 atleast. Has no swing so needs some pace.
A tall pacer with decent seam position always looks interesting on a lively pitch, doesn't he . Remember Tsotsobe in the Wanderers ODI ? Decent release speed assumes more importance on flatter tracks. Ofcourse, hitting the deck hard with good seam position is equally important .
paging dsr...paging dsr...paging.... 76 mph

About Unadkat , he was clocking 138 k in under 19 in NZ. He looked nippier. Again clock speed measurement is not accurate across the world. There is no uniformity. Unless you have whippy action like Akram, Sir Aggy ( lol ) you can't generate speed without build. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UJwnjiDVEI]Agarkar Bowls Kallis with an Absolute Brilliant Delivery - YouTube[/ame] Sir is cranking upto 86 mph with short run up

^ Flexibility plays a very large part in pace generation. A pacer who can bring his bowling arm from a greater distance behind his back as well as bend his body down a lot after delivery ... both due to high flexibility ... can be really quick. That is why we often see thin but quick pacers like Morkel, Young Srinath, Aggy, Donald, etc.

Since when was siddle trundler clocking 78mph Yes he is slowest of the three but still gets it through when needed. Clocks a lot in 84 to 88 range. And then there is the great trundler culture lovers great hope. Philander. Philander was bowling similar speeds to ishant in last series. And clocks many ball in 82 to 86 range Both siddle and philander need the fast bowlers around them to create pressure and put batsman on front foot.
Siddle was the fastest bowler on India's tour of Ausralia in 2012. He is only slow now because he is used as a work horse and not a main stroke bowler.
No The taller and higher release point will have less reduction in speed.Ishant will be quicker at 147ks on similar speed gun than johnson.Johnson has equally bad seam position.mitch is quicker than ishant by at least 15 ks currently.
But shorter bowlers have low trajectory which means ball has to travel less distance from the hand to the batsman.
on those speed guns everybody touched 150ks siddle was as quick.They are using new speed guns and i would be surprised if ishant touches 145ks.If u have to look at ishant pace look at 2008 tour cb series and adelaide test where mitch also played he was quicker than mitch and lee ' date='he had everything clicking and he did not needed to do anything,he had everything already but he destroyed himself.[/quote'] Not everyone. Zaheer was still clocking 132. and Vinay was still struggling to clock 130 at Perth.
Siddle was the fastest bowler on India's tour of Ausralia in 2012. He is only slow now because he is used as a work horse and not a main stroke bowler.
he does not needs to attack now with johnson in side his job is what he does best an that is bowl out side off and seam it a little in and out and let clarke have control on game harris is even better he bowls maidens but with very attacking deliveries