Bhuvneshwar Kumar is nothing special

Not going to dignify the comment that he cost us the match but I think he showed some promising bowling today. Could have wound up with three wickets if not for the dropped catches. The key is that he keeps up the improvement and does not drastically fall away like so many before him. Tough conditions with the wet ball and other than the two full tosses, I think it was a decent performance. I think he is really going to have to show what is worth when he is put in helpful conditions though.

Agree will be poor in tests As I always say in tests you need bowlers who after ball is 15 overs old can also contribute. This guy is buffett after 15 overs. If oppo gets to 30-0 loss after 15 over then BK might as well walk of as he is done! Look at kuleskra at lords, this guy gets slaughterd in tests and in those long hard days which come in tests you need fire power to get break throughs. The 78mph bowers with older ball on those tough days are just bowling machines. Sadly indian fans seem to think that overses like in englnad, you just need to rock up and present good seam and they will take lots of wickets. Wake up!!! Sickens me that genuine fast wicket taker like Yadav is left out for a yet another trundler

Agree will be poor in tests As I always say in tests you need bowlers who after ball is 15 overs old can also contribute. This guy is buffett after 15 overs. If oppo gets to 30-0 loss after 15 over then BK might as well walk of as he is done!
Except he has shown again and again and again that he picks up new skills very easily. He was considered not a death bowler and he has went to become the best death bowler in India I have absolutely no doubt that he will pick up old balls skills easily if given enough chances. One thing he has shown is he is not an uni-dimensional bowler like our other trundlers. But then wont be the first time some player proves you wrong

KT ...you have lost all your marbles man!!! hadd hai.Why do you keep getting after poor bhuvi...right now he is the best we have.Deal with it!!!!!At least wait for him to lose form or something before bumping a super moronic thread!!!Remember there are guys like I sharma and S binny in the team...unn par gussa nikalo!!!!! They are the ones taking your U.Yadav's place. Bhuvi earned his place fair and square!!!!!

KT ...you have lost all your marbles man!!! hadd hai.Why do you keep getting after poor bhuvi...right now he is the best we have.Deal with it!!!!!At least wait for him to lose form or something before bumping a super moronic thread!!!Remember there are guys like I sharma and S binny in the team...unn par gussa nikalo!!!!! They are the ones taking your U.Yadav's place. Bhuvi earned his place fair and square!!!!!
No, he isn't the best. He is good for LOIs but Shami, Umesh both better test bowlers than him. Regarding form, when did he was in great form. His last overseas ODI series in NZ, he averaged 58, wasn't great in Aus ODI series at home too. Both Test and ODI average 38 at this point.

On what basis is Umesh the best test bowler we have? Played his last test match 18 months ago and in the interim has been totally shambolic in the FC games he's played. The best test bowler of a country doesn't struggle for wickets playing against weaker opposition. He's done decently in the past but thats about it. Don't know how he's being hailed as the one who is going to make all the difference to the Indian attack. Even in Australia, on flatter wickets of Sydney and Adelaide, his returns read 0/123, 1/136 and 1/23, in both innings Umesh conceded more than 5 RPO with Australia scoring 600+ in both the innings. So not sure how he will turn out to be any different from what rest of the bowling attack does on flat wickets.