Sachin Tendulkar-Vinod Kambli rift ..What is the main reason ?

true to certain extent kambli used to get drunk and misbehaved on a couple of occasions with air hostesses and in the hotel rooms with other team mates. the BCCI wanted to teach him a lesson on the first occasion that he was dropped... but he became lazy after that kambli also was treated like a rag doll by ambrose and co. they completely exposed his technique against quality fast bowling. he did not improve on his faults
Yeah , but against Ambrose and Walsh at their peak , I don't think there were many batsmen who did not get exposed ... If I compare that situation to present scenario , it is like Mitchell Johnson , a bowler much lower in ability that Ambrose and Walsh , exposing Trott ( England's mainstay with 50+ average ) with his short-pitch bowling at Trott's rib cage in this Ashes series and the England selectors dropping Trott from the next series to never pick him again . Sounds harsh,Isn't it !!! That was the case with Kambli ..He lost his way and our board was not so professionally-run to counsel him and bring out the best of his undoubted natural talent.:((

Kambli was definitely given raw deal, more than his performance on the field. His off field persona was too much for idiots in BCCI who were somehow acted as if they were morality police led by Bindra and Raj Singh. Kambli was excellent against spin and was better test player than he was given credit for, it is easy to say he was weak minded now but when guy like Raina is given such a long shot he deserved much better.

Kambli was excellent against spin and was better test player than he was given credit for, it is easy to say he was weak minded now but when guy like Raina is given such a long shot he deserved much better.
True ,but bringing that part of the past neither helps him nor it helps him with the friendship he had with Sachin .Infront of public he is nothing more but an attention ***** looking for media coverage .
Yeah , but against Ambrose and Walsh at their peak , I don't think there was many batsmen who did not get exposed ... If I compare that situation to present scenario , it is like Mitchell Johnson , a bowler much lower in ability that Ambrose and Walsh , exposing Trott ( England's mainstay with 50+ average ) with his short-pitch bowling at Trott's rib cage in this Ashes series and the England selectors dropping Trott from the next series to never pick him again . Sounds harsh,Isn't it !!! That was the case with Kambli ..He lost his way and our board was not so professionally-run to counsel him and bring out the best of his undoubted natural talent.:((
thats the way things are done in international cricket... people with faults are taken out of the team... so that they will work on them and come back stronger genius cricketers like sachin, warne just keep fanatically working on their faults in a very obsessive manner. but even good cricketers like sehwag, kumble, zaheer needed to be removed from the squad at some point in their careers and they made very strong comeback statements kambli did not work on his faults and remained exactly where he was. there is no need to show pity on people like kambli. lazy sportsmen are as good as alcoholic actors. they self-destruct. there is nothing to do about them. infact its a waste of everyone's time to even discuss about kambli. i assume, people are in this thread are only here becoz sachin's name is dragged into this. well, atleast in my case.
Kambli was definitely given raw deal, more than his performance on the field. His off field persona was too much for idiots in BCCI who were somehow acted as if they were morality police led by Bindra and Raj Singh. Kambli was excellent against spin and was better test player than he was given credit for, it is easy to say he was weak minded now but when guy like Raina is given such a long shot he deserved much better.
I agree ..He was mentally not so strong as say, Mohinder Amarnath , who took so many rejections and made infinite combacks from 1969-1989 and seeing the likes of Raina and average players with fraction of his ability earn millions in IPL whereas he played just 17 tests and did not make much moolah , I can understand his frustration and bitterness :potstir:
I agree ..but I think if he could have got the chances back in TESTS ' date=' not ODI's at no.5/no.6 when he was coming in mostly to hit out which was never his game , he would have been an ATG and atleast a 10000 Test runs player ..I agree on the drunken ness and indiscipline bit during 1995-1996 when he could not handle his huge success but if there was good mentorship and couseling available to him like Ponting , he would have been a magnificent ATG player for India ..even Steve Waugh and Michael Bevan had problems against the short ball but they found a way to deal with it and I think he could have done the same ..Midn you , he played as overseas professional in South Africa for Boland province in 2002-2003 , something no Indian player has attempted, and as far I recall , he was a success in that stint .[/quote'] Before Kambli, Pravin Amre played in SA - also for Boland. Amre was another permanently out of favor cricketer after a promising start to his career - a debut century in SA against Allan Donald & co.
True ' date='but bringing that part of the past neither helps him nor it helps him with the friendship he had with Sachin .Infront of public he is nothing more but an attention ***** looking for media coverage .[/quote'] People have no idea what is it to be in shoes of person who had his greatness and fame snatched from them and add to that his own childhood buddy becomes one of most adoring/successful man in whole country and he is not even allowed to there to see it. Cut him some slack.
Thing is that however intense your friendships' date= people move on because life takes them to different places. It is neither good nor bad, it simply is. Over the years some friendships lose their intensity and others lapse. You have either grown to be different people, or the context has changed. For example many friendships happen simply because you were in college together. When the context changes, for example as you start work or go abroad for higher studies, friendships dissolve or just stagnate. That's life. Kambli's problem is that he is the one who has been 'left behind' in the friendship, SRT has moved on while he hasn't.
+1.
People have no idea what is it to be in shoes of person who had his greatness and fame snatched from them and add to that his own childhood buddy becomes one of most adoring/successful man in whole country and he is not even allowed to there to see it. Cut him some slack.
I said something based on what I feel .at times you just need to move on (there are things in life you don't have control over it ). I too agree with NameGoesHere :)
what are you talking about. in the mid 90s Kambli was a known figure in the brothels of mumbai. there was no off field persona. that was a stupid boy who threw it all away. Raina was all his flaws works extremely hard. Quite frankly looking at your posts in general i get a feeling that you just dont like sachin for whatever reason. If Kambli would have said "sachin stood by me". You would be the first one to accuse sachin of favouring him when he was captain.
.It was in 1994 series against WI when Curtly Ambrose' date='Courtney Walsh and other WI quicks exposed his problems against balls aimed at the rib[/quote'] Factually incorrect - Ambrose did not play in that series. But, to an extent, I agree with some of your assessment.
Before Kambli' date=' Pravin Amre played in SA - also for Boland. Amre was another permanently out of favor cricketer after a promising start to his career - a debut century in SA against Allan Donald & co.[/quote'] Amre was not that consistent and with Rahul Dravid ,Sachin Tendulkar , Azhar and Ganguly in the middle-order after emergence of Dravid and Ganguly in 1996 Eng tour ; there was no way back for Manjrekar , Amre and Kambli in the middle-order . iIF kAMBLI WAS MENTALLY STRONG AND KEPT HIS PATIENCE/PERSEVERANCE , HE COULD HAVE STILL MADE HIS WAY BACK IN 1998-2000 PERIOD WHEN AZHAR'S CAREER WAS TAPERING OFF AND HE COULD HAVE STILL PLAYED TEST CRICKET THROUGH THE 2000's for atleast 5-7 years min . and even a decade .:omg: He was just 2 years elder to Sachin and could have played till 2009-2010 at the least .

Kambli in general is becoming a media *****. Reminds me of the time that the Dutchess of York aka Sarah Ferguson appeared on the Oprah Winfrey show to earn some money and made some outrageous statements. Like she had a sad childhood etc. Clearly Kambli is trying to carve a niche for himself in the media. Its going to be his source of income.

Although his current outburst has more to do with jealousy and the fact that Kambli lived a lavish lifestyle and is struggling to find means to pay for it now, I feel Kambli got a raw deal from the selectors. Any player averaging in the 50s after just 17 Tests deserves more chances. I am pretty sure that if he had been given more chances, he would have ended up with a career record much better than Ganguly's. During times when Ganguly was struggling to score runs, he should have been given another chance.

what are you talking about. in the mid 90s Kambli was a known figure in the brothels of mumbai. there was no off field persona. that was a stupid boy who threw it all away. Raina was all his flaws works extremely hard. Quite frankly looking at your posts in general i get a feeling that you just dont like sachin for whatever reason. If Kambli would have said "sachin stood by me". You would be the first one to accuse sachin of favouring him when he was captain.
what has his visits to brothels got to do with his playing career, did he become fat slob or was he sub standard on the field no, yes he got found out by WI, on the same token Azharuddin was also a bunny in that series . After Prabhakar got injured in Mohali no Indian batsmen including Sachin wanted any part of that test match.They looked sh*it scared. There is fine line which divides success and failure, Kambli in no way was a model citizen but that has got nothing to do with Kambli the player. Kambli as a player surely got a raw deal and there is no doubt about it, it was his misfortune that Dravid, Ganguly and Laxman happened to come all at once and that shut the door on him. It is not that I don't like Sachin, I just dont treat him as god as some people do maybe that gave you that impression.
I said something based on what I feel .at times you just need to move on (there are things in life you don't have control over it ). I too agree with NameGoesHere :)
You are spot on he needs to move one. But i was thinking in his shoes , it is very hard to let go and move when you (kambli in this case) are the person who is left behind. Thats why I said Kambli needs some slack from everyone.
what has his visits to brothels got to do with his playing career' date= did he become fat slob or was he sub standard on the field no, yes he got found out by WI, on the same token Azharuddin was also a bunny in that series . After Prabhakar got injured in Mohali no Indian batsmen including Sachin wanted any part of that test match.They looked sh*it scared. There is fine line which divides success and failure, Kambli in no way was a model citizen but that has got nothing to do with Kambli the player. Kambli as a player surely got a raw deal and there is no doubt about it, it was his misfortune that Dravid, Ganguly and Laxman happened to come all at once and that shut the door on him. It is not that I don't like Sachin, I just dont treat him as god as some people do maybe that gave you that impression.
I dont care if Azhar was the bunny king himself. Atleast he tried. Kambli got booted off even the mumbai ranji team much earlier and was forced to retire cause he could not reign back his antics and turned up at practise drunk. even i dont treat sachin as god. At the same time i dont take a position against him for the sake of it. you seem to display the behaviour of a contratian. somebody who goes against the grain for the sake of being different.
Although his current outburst has more to do with jealousy and the fact that Kambli lived a lavish lifestyle and is struggling to find means to pay for it now' date=' I feel Kambli got a raw deal from the selectors. Any player averaging in the 50s after just 17 Tests deserves more chances. I am pretty sure that if he had been given more chances, he would have ended up with a career record much better than Ganguly's. During times when Ganguly was struggling to score runs, he should have been given another chance.[/quote'] :giggle:Then there would have been no dhoni in the team.Thin about it kambli would have been captain to who would have selected ur dhoni boy.Regionalism would have been rampant.