Australian Open 2014 - Stan Wawrinka beats Rafa in the final

Cricketics

well rafa-fed matches were pretty close by 2010,nadal mostly had the better of fed but the h2h was largely inflated in nadal's favour due to clay ,iirc it was 14-8 by 2010 but since then fed's level has gone down drastically and nadal basically eats him alive,8-2 h2h in the last 10 games!!

Nadal will end up as GOAT.
not really,there are various other paramaters which come into play along with rivalry of h2h like no of slams,wtf titles,no of weeks as #1 etc.. nadal has a 78 % win % iirc on HCs on which most of the tour matches are played,how is that GOAT worthy? fed has 85%+ on HC,80+% on clay which is supposedly his weaker surface

well rafa-fed matches were pretty close by 2010' date='nadal mostly had the better of fed but the h2h was largely inflated in nadal's favour due to clay ,iirc it was 14-8 by 2010 but since then fed's level has gone down drastically and nadal basically eats him alive,8-2 h2h in the last 10 games!![/quote'] lol at excuses.. On outdoor hard courts Nadal is whooping 8-2 against Federer. Still people love to claim that h2h is in favour of Nadal because of Clay tournaments only.

I am very much in the Fed camp when it comes to preference but really now and especially so come Sunday' date=' Rafa has a much stronger case for being the greatest of all time.[/quote'] I kinda agree with this. I''m very much a Federer fan but you have to admire Nadal. He's come a long, long way as a player and while I wouldn't say he has a stronger case come Sunday, I think by mid 2015 he may be seen as the greater player. The win today pretty much makes it 14-17 as opposed to 13-18 (with all due respect to Stan). He'll win another 3 French Opens for sure so he could potentially get to 17 through French Opens alone! We might well see him win all 4 slams this year, Djokovic seems to be running out of steam; Murray is never going to stop Nadal and I don't think Federer will ever beat Nadal in a GS now. As things stand I think Federer is still the better player - even if Nadal wins this AO but it'll be closer than it has ever been. Tipping Nadal to break Federer's record by next year's US Open.

I am very much in the Fed camp when it comes to preference but really now and especially so come Sunday' date=' Rafa has a much stronger case for being the greatest of all time.[/quote'] Similar to when Indians claim Tendulkar is better than Bradman. Nadal is not fit to lick Rod Laver's boots. Just cause Laver played before and at the start of the Open Era, doesn't mean you can ignore his achievements.

Nadal is definitely in the top 3 of all time and will probably be the GOAT before he hangs up his boots...and this from a big Federer fan. To say he cannot lick Rod Laver's boots reeks of bias of the kind that is prevalent on the padosi forum when they keep talking about 71-50 but run into hiding when extra ICC trophies and Asia Cups are mentioned.