Impressed with kohli's captaincy?

Blue Star

How many times we have seen dhoni not having a slip for a new batsman? Kohli kept a slip for the new batsman. Don't you remember dhoni keeping zak , ishanth , ashwin at square leg or gully? Dhoni wants an athletic team because he has this theory of" everyone everywhere" which results in having fielders at the wrong position. At least kohli didn't kept the slow movers inside the circle. Fast bowlers always need longer spells to settle into a good rhythm. I'm surprised you are not aware of it. Best thing about kohli is he used the fastest bowler in the power play, varun may have gone for plenty, but you always gotta give the benefit of the doubt that a team like Bangladesh would struggle against a bowler who is bowling at 145 plus. We don't expect dhoni to talk to bowlers all the time, but he hardly says anything to them and gives a mouthful to the likes of jaddu and ojha who are basically his slaves. Lol.
I'm only talking about SC ODI matches.Dhoni has a slip too for spinners or new batsmen.Remind me any match you are talking about when fast bowlers were at gully?:hmmm: Fast bowler do need a spell agree.But 3-4 over is enough if bowler is struggling.there is a match to be won so its best to try other bowlers specially spinners in these conditions.There was no reason to bowl Aaron in PP when he was already down on confidence.Most captains often use their best bowler in batting PP,not the worst. Which keeper talks to bowlers?AB,Sanga are the same when they are captains?
There was no reason to bowl Aaron in PP when he was already down on confidence.Most captains often use their best bowler in batting PP,not the worst.
You keep on mentioning this point. I will reply with the same point. Kohli was bowling Aaron as he was looking or wickets and not to contain. Which was the right ploy though it didn't work. Only wickets could have restricted the score, not containing. Containing has never worked for us
You keep on mentioning this point. I will reply with the same point. Kohli was bowling Aaron as he was looking or wickets and not to contain. Which was the right ploy though it didn't work. Only wickets could have restricted the score' date=' not containing. Containing has never worked for us[/quote'] yes and Shami would have been best bet to take wickets,no?He is our best bowler for a while no and bowled very well in start too?Why would one prefer a guy whos been smashed over Shami
yes and Shami would have been best bet to take wickets' date='no?He is our best bowler for a while no and bowled very well in start too?Why would one prefer a guy whos been smashed over Shami[/quote'] Because Shami is extremely useful in death overs and was the last hope for Kohli. Damage during PP could be recovered from, but damage during death cannot be. So Kohli took a gamble and went for wickets. IMO, the right ploy. He would have been forced to bowl Aaron in the death otherwise which might have been costlier
Because Shami is extremely useful in death overs and was the last hope for Kohli. Damage during PP could be recovered from' date=' but damage during death cannot be. So Kohli took a gamble and went for wickets. IMO, the right ploy. He would have been forced to bowl Aaron in the death otherwise which might have been costlier[/quote'] so he went for wickets with our worst bowler of the day(even at that point) while thinking of cushion at the death,right?He could have tried Shami and if he got wicket,it'd have lowered the RR anyway.New batsman always finds it hard atleast he could have tried 2 of Shami in powerplay leaving 3 in death overs.He bowled him in the death only by the time batsmen were set and good score on board

Kohli has already won U19 WC which Dhoni can never win.... :beee: What's this, a trophy competition to greatness? As long as Kohli helps in building a great team from scratch (very few Indian captains have done that) and does well in Test matches, home and abroad, he'll get respect... :nice:

Kohli has already won U19 WC which Dhoni can never win.... :beee: What's this, a trophy competition to greatness? As long as Kohli helps in building a great team from scratch (very few Indian captains have done that) and does well in Test matches, home and abroad, he'll get respect... :nice:
and he won't need to hit a six off to end the match after doing absolutely nothing the whole tourney.
Sure ,that's your parameter and you are entitled to it .I was only stating mine. If Kohli builds a great team,it will win trophies under him just as Dhoni's team did.