Flirting with English.... Indian School teachers

Cricketics

1) Mere Sirdard me headache hain ( Hinid Teacher ) 2) Your Badluck is so Kharab ( Mary D' Souza ) 3) Mr. Tripathi - Sanjay, where did you go for your summer holidays - " Sir - I went to States ". States? Hmm, which state - Karnataka , MP, Up?

Here's another one - I was the nominated " Doubt asker" of the class. i.e , If the students felt bored and needed to kill time in the period , they would sometimes ask me to pose some really stupid doubts, not because i knew the subject well or concentrated , but because of the fact that i had this uncanny knack of asking really worthwhile questions even though i didnt know a word of whats happening. And there was this Seminconductor Physics class. Our teacher said something along the lines of " So , the electron is accelerated along the direction of the field". I had to ask something. So i duly raised my hand and told her " Mam , you are saying that the electron is accelerating in the direction of the field , but i think it is decelerating against the direction of the field" Our poor teacher didnt understand that , i had after all , said the same thing she was saying too . So for 25 mins , she was adamant that " the electron was accelerating in the direction of the field" , while i kept saying " No no , its decelerating against the direction of the field". A few of us who got the joke were laughing like cray. Period over , mission accomplished ! :D
I cant believe someone teaching semiconductors can be so dumb :hysterical:

3) Mr. Tripathi - Sanjay, where did you go for your summer holidays - " Sir - I went to States ". States? Hmm, which state - Karnataka , MP, Up?
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Saw an interesting example of "Mallu English" in a wikipedia talk page yesterday. One guy from US asked references for something that the Malayali had written. M replied : "....I think references are provided. Else we will get you.". The American got agitated : "... what is "Else we will get you" supposed to mean? If that is some sort of threat, you could be blocked if you don't stop that sort of language immediately" Someone had to explain to him that what M meant was that he will get the American the references.

This really happened in our class 12 biology class. In the class we had to write some figures of animals/organisms. The teacher was going around inspecting what we wrote, he passed the girls' section [yes,they had us sit in separate sections] and subconsciously exclaimed, "you girls have bad figures". When he realized what he said along with the class, we had big laughter fest in the class.

herez one incident... Class 10.. there was a guest coming in to speak to ALL students and it was a must to attend it. soo me and my friends sat in last raw.. and obviously we were not paying attention.. soo there was this tech teacher who threw about 10 of us out and told us to stand outside.. since everyone was in the HALL.. it was a great chance to sneak out in play ground.. but tech teacher was sitting outside of the hall jus tto make sure we dont run away.. after 5-10 mins he just went inside to see how things are going... and right away we ran towards exit.... since the hall way was too long.. he saw couple of us running away right at the end.. and he ran after us.. that was hillarious... so we kept walking/running round and round on building just and he kept running after us .. we made one or two full circles.. and then he stopped chasing us.. and we were free to roam around for an hour.. soo after that the recess.. he came to our class and made us sit outside principle's office again.. which we did not mind at all.. and I was the sub-monitor of the class at that time..

herez one incident... Class 10.. there was a guest coming in to speak to ALL students and it was a must to attend it. soo me and my friends sat in last raw.. and obviously we were not paying attention.. soo there was this tech teacher who threw about 10 of us out and told us to stand outside.. since everyone was in the HALL.. it was a great chance to sneak out in play ground.. but tech teacher was sitting outside of the hall jus tto make sure we dont run away.. after 5-10 mins he just went inside to see how things are going... and right away we ran towards exit.... since the hall way was too long.. he saw couple of us running away right at the end.. and he ran after us.. that was hillarious... so we kept walking/running round and round on building just and he kept running after us .. we made one or two full circles.. and then he stopped chasing us.. and we were free to roam around for an hour.. soo after that the recess.. he came to our class and made us sit outside principle's office again.. which we did not mind at all.. and I was the sub-monitor of the class at that time..
haha, classic.. did same stuff lotta time in school dayz.. was real fun.. those were the dayz