For Indian Cricket to improve learn from US Baseball

Midfielder

reason I didn't post anymore in this tread is there is no point arguing on a cricket board that baseball is more fun. of course it is fruitless. I can argue day and night about the difficulties of putting in the field of play a baseball rather than a cricket ball but you folks wouldn't understand. for you baseball is just hitting a bunch of full tosses. I appreciate midfielder' efforts and agree with him' date=' hitting a baseball into play (not fouls or groundouts) is much much more difficult that hitting a cricket ball into play because of the restrictive rules for the batters in baseball (restricted area of the field, more fielders per area than cricket, faster outfielders, more umpires, gloves, longer fields than cricket). I mean for all purposes you have to love a game to appreciate it. I love baseball and cricket and because I am in America and follow baseball more I love baseball more. cricket was my first love. I cried when india lost, but thesedays because of the MC/BC abusing youth and commercialization + untalented players I don't like it as much. I played some amount of league cricket in usa and let me tell you the ball does not come as fast as a baseball pitch.[/quote'] Half the people dont understand how difficult it is to play baseball, and none of them will understand that not a single indian cricket player can come to close enough of the conditioning of a baseball player.

Seriously?
Yes.....go to any amusement park that has batting cages,they have speeds upto 70mph on batting cages(atleast the ones I have been to) and I smashed every single ball(great stress buster). 70mph is let's say Stuart Binny pace ,most of us on this forum would not be able to lay bat on ball facing him,even if he bowls gun barrell straight without any swing

a baseball player pissing his pants at the thought of catching the cricket ball with bare hands, watch final 20 seconds. a4NyzAtRr3s
There is no one in the world who can catch baseball with barehands. It is called deathwish as your hand will split in two. The energy and spin on the ball is so much that human body is not designed for it.

Yes.....go to any amusement park that has batting cages,they have speeds upto 70mph on batting cages(atleast the ones I have been to) and I smashed every single ball(great stress buster). 70mph is let's say Stuart Binny pace ,most of us on this forum would not be able to lay bat on ball facing him,even if he bowls gun barrell straight without any swing
I disagree.

I disagree.
Please explain?70 mph with variable bounce off a pitch is not very easy......I am sure the highest level of cricket played here at the minimum school or district level at the maximum and even the fastest bowler there will be not more than 75mph at the most. Playing a guy like Binny would be night mare for most amateurs where as a baseball pitch thrown at relatively high speeds without variation is the easiest thing to hit

Reaction time is better.
Baseball style hitting is useful when the ball is withint certain range and gun barrel straight. If you adopt to that swinging , seaming ball you will end up getting out or missing it. It is practically not possible to use that techique in cricket. It might work in some scenarios. But it will be a :fail: in lot of scenarios.

Half the people dont understand how difficult it is to play baseball' date=' and none of them will understand that not a single indian cricket player can come to close enough of the conditioning of a baseball player.[/quote'] I bet none of the baseball player can face even guys like Vinay Kumar, Balaji in the nets let alone Mitchell Johnson.

There is no one in the world who can catch baseball with barehands. It is called deathwish as your hand will split in two. The energy and spin on the ball is so much that human body is not designed for it.
energy off the bat?but baseball is hardest to hit no?:hmmmm2:

You are making tall claims about baseball. Frankly that is not true. You know it . You know Raman Lamba died from a cricket ball right? Nari contractor lost his eye.

You are making tall claims here. A cricket ball is heavier and harder than a baseball. Another thing to note is the player didn't say he can't catch a baseball bare hand, which has been done in the past(Kevin Darnell Mitchell, and before 1890s). He said he can't catch a cricket ball bare hand, because he saw how hard it was and he is not used to doing it with baseball. If you have watched cricket matches, you sure know how hard the balls are hit sometimes, they sometimes split the webbing in the hand. Also, baseballers always didn't use gloves, initially they used base hands. They started using gloves after 1875. Then it started to evolve. The baseball glove isn't just designed to protect you hand it designed to ensure the ball sticks to your hand. They will ground most balls if they try cricket.

Like Democracy, Freedom fries, bombing random countries in the name of spreading democracy/halting communism/WMD and Lady Gaga most of the uniquely American concepts I've encountered are pretty stupid, superficial and lame. American sports are no different. Early last year, me and the Mr, were in the USA for a short holiday. Basically to visit my brother. In his backyard (or whatever is the right Americanism for that area) they have this one half of a Basketball court. So one morning, when I had nothing to do, I just walked that court and tried my hand at the game. And to tell you the truth, I'd never played basketball before that. I must have been 12-15 feet (my estimate) away from the loop. And I managed to score without much of an effort. And I'm just 5'5 or 5'6. Such a ridiculously easy game. I don't know why the NBA needs all those 7 footers to do something so seemingly easy. Any residual respect that I had for American sports and American society by extension, immediately evaporated that morning. There is nothing that our supremely talented cricketers can learn from the US sports. Baseball anyways is a corruption of smash the Bison with a club sport that the original Americans (read Red Indians) used to play during the hunting seasons. The White invaders apparently misunderstood what was going on and we have baseball as a result. Joke of a sport.

Let me get thru to you, Bret Lee was using that motion all his life and still was not as fast as aa high school kid. His physical strength is not as much as baseball players. I need numbers not bs rhetoric from you. If a major league baseball player is fat tahn let me tell about his speed. A typical baseball player runs for the first base in 4.2 secs. Can you give some numbers please and not bs rhetoric. Show me average cricket players speed that matches this speed. Data is everything, you still have not come up with numbers.All you are is nothing but lot of hot air.
Cricket is different. It is not just how quickly you can run. Most of the cricket games are longer than a baseball game you need to conserve your energy and not put more effort than needed to do a job. Also a lot depends on the runner at the other end and position you are in after making the stroke. You don't run helter skelter for a easy single. In baseball a batter can face a maximum of 2 overs in cricketing parlance (note this doesn't happen always, this is the maximum he can face), so just hit the ball and run like hell. Also no extra weight, you drop your bat and wear minimum protective gear. A cricketer has to run with all the extra weight of the protective gear. In-spite of all the difference, lets do a comparison. Distance between bases is 30 yards if he can run it in 4.2 seconds. A cricket runs 22 yards in 3.1 seconds if he uses proper technique, which is good. If you calculate for 30 yards the speed will be similar to 4.2 seconds with protective gear!

Like Democracy, Freedom fries, bombing random countries in the name of spreading democracy/halting communism/WMD and Lady Gaga most of the uniquely American concepts I've encountered are pretty stupid, superficial and lame. American sports are no different. Early last year, me and the Mr, were in the USA for a short holiday. Basically to visit my brother. In his backyard (or whatever is the right Americanism for that area) they have this one half of a Basketball court. So one morning, when I had nothing to do, I just walked that court and tried my hand at the game. And to tell you the truth, I'd never played basketball before that. I must have been 12-15 feet (my estimate) away from the loop. And I managed to score without much of an effort. And I'm just 5'5 or 5'6. Such a ridiculously easy game. I don't know why the NBA needs all those 7 footers to do something so seemingly easy. Any residual respect that I had for American sports and American society by extension, immediately evaporated that morning. There is nothing that our supremely talented cricketers can learn from the US sports. Baseball anyways is a corruption of smash the Bison with a club sport that the original Americans (read Red Indians) used to play during the hunting seasons. The White invaders apparently misunderstood what was going on and we have baseball as a result. Joke of a sport.

Also I am not sure what we discussing here. If its just about cricket borrowing from baseball, of course you always learn in life. if there is a better technique and it is legal to use it hell ya. But if baseball is tougher and baseballers can easily adapt to cricket and not the vise-versa. Cricket USA just needs to scout for some high-school baseballers and ask them play cricket and beat the shyt out of us. Well, we all know that isn't the case... :winky:

You are making tall claims here. A cricket ball is heavier and harder than a baseball. Another thing to note is the player didn't say he can't catch a baseball bare hand, which has been done in the past(Kevin Darnell Mitchell, and before 1890s). He said he can't catch a cricket ball bare hand, because he saw how hard it was and he is not used to doing it with baseball. If you have watched cricket matches, you sure know how hard the balls are hit sometimes, they sometimes split the webbing in the hand. Also, baseballers always didn't use gloves, initially they used base hands. They started using gloves after 1875. Then it started to evolve. The baseball glove isn't just designed to protect you hand it designed to ensure the ball sticks to your hand. They will ground most balls if they try cricket.
But cricket ball does not have the energy of the baseball. Look at the distance a baseball travels and look at the distance for cricket ball and see which has more energy. It is impossible to stop a baseball with hand. The seam is also eight and the soin will split your hand in two. This way you cut down on the injuries. By the same token I can ask you why do cricket players have pads and hand gloves? See my point.