And Australia complain about Abuse/insults !!!

Ram

?? And your point is' date=' mm ??[/quote']
That's just a plain funny show Sriram. You got AliG in your avatar and you know the antics he's always up to. He didn't spare Queen of England too. It's just part of the fun mate.
To both Donny and Ravi, I think its very unfair on a country like Pakistan to associate with it Islamic terrorism like that blatantly. That the show producers wanted to have a go at pakistan is quite clear from the fact that Hasheem Amla is referred to as a "Pakistani" player, even though he is S.African. Who knows how many moderate peace loving pakistanis might have been offended seeing this. There is a difference between sarcasm and prototyping an entire nation with some negative references.
These Uk retardz don't know how to do a mimicry..
The accents, the coarseness of the 'humour', the misinformed prototypes, the 1.5 seconds of canned laughter are all typically Australian, Cricketics. Any UK retardz(sic) would be embarrassed to be seen attempting misinformed humour of that kind in a pub, let alone on television.

This spoof is akin to doing one on Australia referring to their past " as a land of the convicts" or say one on Africa mocking at the people's poverty. I found the video totally insensitive and reckless. Such type of western media is only helping in entrenching in people's mind that Islamic countries like Pakistan are nothing but full of terrorists, which is not what the reality is. Humor is what that is funny to all , not just one particular target audience. And they are the same bunch of people who cried hoarse at a bunch of cat calls directed at a player. Whoa ! Talk about double standards !

What ?? mm, I respectfully suggest you look up 'comedy' and then look up 'satire'. You obviously have no concept of the latter. As Ravi pointed out, you have Ali G as your avatar. Why ? :dontknow: Same goes for you, re. satire, observer1.
Referring to the Pakistan cricket team as a " Plane load of Muzzy fellas flying towards the twin towers" and using terms like " if we arent careful, they'll blow us apart" are maybe "comedy" and "satire" in your book, but i certainly know a lot of people who will be offended at that. And I have seen enough humor in my life to tell good humor from the bad, and this is certainly one piece of crass stereotyping.

Totally missed my point, mm. Did you actually look up those 2 words ? I suspect not as you're still referring to that sketch as comedy. It's that type of 'crass stereotyping' which bigots/racists use. Thus, the satire. That's the whole purpose of satire.

Just to please you Donny, "the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc." "A literary work in which human vice or folly is attacked through irony, derision, or wit." Now , pray tell me , which human vice/folly is being attacked here ?

Has nothing to do with pleasing me. I suggested you look up 'satire' as you didn't seem to know the meaning. Seems you still don't. Maybe, you should've looked further. noun: the use of humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people’s stupidity or vices. noun: a way of criticizing people or ideas in a humorous way Satirise: to use satire to show that people or ideas have bad qualities or are wrong

OK, the humor is part of the generalization we see everywhere? It's been 6 years since I have been to India ( I say this coz the humor and priorities are different there and being in Canada, you obviously get used to hear and feel thngs ), and everytime any conversation rolls around bombs or airplane crash etc, the first thing which pops up on everyones mind is Muslim+ Terrorism + PakSaudi whatever! At one time, you feel like ignoring them but at the same time..what are you supposed to do? they follow the news and all they know is that an Arab or a burkha woman is a suicide bomber who flies plane and will crash into buildings ( I am stressing on this point as this was a ridiculous water cooler conv. when a small plane crashed 2 blocks from my house ) I feel embarrassed to pass a grin when they say " jee, it wasn't a mohammed flyin' that plane " Thanks to the Canadian-Born-Punjabis who obviously have no idea about this as well, so they keep quiet too. Point is, Maris..this is what all they know, and frankly I feel AUS is kinda away from International Touch as well.

Using humour, they are pointing out the stereotypes. I don't think it's vicious or vile. No different from a black comedian making fun of white people, Russell Peters making fun of Chinese people etc. It's just playing on the stereotypes to get a few laughs.

What ?? mm, I respectfully suggest you look up 'comedy' and then look up 'satire'. You obviously have no concept of the latter. Same goes for you, re. satire, observer1.
Let me get this right - someone saying something like 'welcome back following your wanking' is satire, as opposed to crude humour? That the canned laughter is actually the enlightened studio audience laughing at 'satire', represented by Dean Jones impersonator making fun of how the whole world views people from a certain country? Wow! I AM a simpleton. My apologies.
Has nothing to do with pleasing me. I suggested you look up 'satire' as you didn't seem to know the meaning. Seems you still don't. Maybe, you should've looked further. noun: the use of humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people’s stupidity or vices. noun: a way of criticizing people or ideas in a humorous way Satirise: to use satire to show that people or ideas have bad qualities or are wrong
Now we are getting somewhere. Satire works best when it is about a social evil or mis-practice or even a bad human trait. Someone did a satire on the greedy nature of humans, that would be funny. But to use stereotypes that are UNTRUE and just bandy an entire nation to islamic terrorism is NOT funny. As i said, this akin to having a show on Africa, making fun of its poverty ? Would that be funny too? according to you. I think this needs to be moved to the general discussions forum.