speed and performance of indian pacers in ipl

vishalvirsingh

The bowler I am looking forward to the most' date=' among new pacers, is Jasprit Bumrah. He takes wickets while bowling quick. The ideal combination required for the longer versions of international cricket.[/quote'] I don't think he looks like a good Test bowler. That being said, he was pretty great in FC cricket. Interesting to see if he can keep it up.

These are still early days. Ganbhir failed for 4-5 years before cementing his place in 2008. Kohli was dropped and took about 2-3 years even after come back to get a permanent place. Also failed in his early test series. We are far too impatient with fast bowlers and want instant results. Like our batsmen even for bowlers graduating from Ranji to international is difficult. I would say far more difficult as cricket has become more batsmen friendly these days.
Agree. Cannot be quick to discard. This does mean we will be stuck with poor players for a long time, but I think if we give no one a long chance, we may have no good players at all!

You think someone like Mohit has got it in him to play for India in the future? I liked Pandey, has got a factor in him, unlike Mohit. Also, why do you have a big space in the beginning of your posts?
He might or might not. Look at Philander who had ever thought he could do so well in tests, look at Amla who could predict he can be one of the best in tests. What I am saying is we shouldnt come to conclusion so soon for any player.

I don't think he looks like a good Test bowler. That being said' date=' he was pretty great in FC cricket. Interesting to see if he can keep it up.[/quote'] Bumrah was maintaining his pace along with decent accuracy in the 5 day zonal match shown. He was getting a dangerous skid off the deck from time to time. Moving the ball too. Has a good bouncer. He is taking wickets while bowling at pace in the longer domestic games. A bit like Shami in that respect only. I would back such guys. They are rare in India.

Not really' date=' consistently at 135-140kph from how I recall it. He's a good bowler, I think we should stick with him.[/quote'] In the last IPL , Mohit was bowling 130 to 137 k not considering slower deliveries. Fastest 142 k , very few above 138 k . This IPL, he is hitting 140 and 141 k at will. Fastest of 143.9 k as far as I know.

Not everyone can be a Philander. I like Sandeeps bowling' date=' nonetheless. Swings it both ways and accurate.[/quote'] Not every one is unadkat and vinay who bowls at this pace You don't like this extreme then please stop other extreme too :winky:

You forgot philander
To be fair, Philander has never played a test in the subcontinent. Whether he will succeed here or not, at his pace, only time will tell. Sandeep Sharma and co. will have to play more than 50% of their tests in the subcontinent. It is far tougher for slower pacers to suceed here in tests. Secondly, Philander , though slower in the air, has the ability to hit the deck hard and extract life and bounce off the pitch. Sandeep , PK etc. don't have this ability yet. Pandey does and hence is a better international prospect.

To be fair, Philander has never played a test in the subcontinent. Whether he will succeed here or not, at his pace, only time will tell. Sandeep Sharma and co. will have to play more than 50% of their tests in the subcontinent. It is far tougher for slower pacers to suceed here in tests. Secondly, Philander , though slower in the air, has the ability to hit the deck hard and extract life and bounce off the pitch. Sandeep , PK etc. don't have this ability yet. Pandey does and hence is a better international prospect.
That is not possible to be slow and hit deck hard he just hits seam

Sandeep Sharma 128 - praveen kumar (and Unadkat/Legend vinee kummar) like speed. Can he do ok in Intl arena???
He is just 19-20, has age on his side and can gain pace in years to come, important thing is to let him develop and shouldnt be drafted prematurely.

Fiery fast bowling by Aaron. Has taken 2 wickets already. Lots of hostile short stuff , decent control too. Got some outswing. Fastest ball of 148.4 k. Mostly bowling 143 to 146 k. Kohli is turning out to be a fast bowlers' captain. Backing them all the way and they are delivering. Very interesting.