Modi sarkar economic reforms/governance performance thread

FischerTal

so you like german? is there a mass poll saying you like german? The youth in germany and austria speaks english as their second language. I have traveled there with my friends on short breaks for close to 10 years now. Barring France countries like Spain holland Italy etc all the youth speak English to varying degrees. More than Hindi, English is the snake in the grass when it comes to eroding local languages. If anything one oktoberfest i heard the Bavarians like to talk to other Gemrans in English. apparently cause their language is different from standard German. If i learn sanskirt, i can go and communicate with 70% of the indian population on atleast a basic level. (this includes the hindi belt maharashtra guj bengal goa etc etc). Who are you going to talk in German with? Where is the practicality? German is spoken by barely 2% of the world (120 million approx) . I can understand if the language in question is French or Spanish which is spoken by many countries. On top of which due to a low birth rate the number of German speakers will be in terminal decline. As i have said time and time before, the RSS does not have Brahmin ethos. The core message of the RSS is based on the teachings of Sawarkar who considered himself a hindu atheist and had little time for rituals and even temples. There are stories of him beating up priests because they spread superstition. You have to read into the Hindu mahasbha for that. They believe in a hindu cultural identity and nationalism. As for the BJP in tamil nadu, this remains one issue. The very fact the Modi is an OBC and Tamilisai is also an OBC should in itself dispel the notion that somehow BJP are just a Brahmin/upper caste party. The new defense minister is an OBC. Amit shah is not even out and out hindu, he is a Jain. In neighboring Karnataka Yeddy is a Lingayat. If a Lingayat whose religious dogma is even more distant to mainstream Hinduism can become CM in a southern state neighboring TN, there is nothing stopping the RSS from becoming a pan India organisation encompassing various national identities into it. The BJP will campaign on issues of providing better support to Tamil fisherman against SL and development. These will be the two planks. The aim will be to come second and have a post of leader of opposition. If that happens remains to be seen.
You are confusing two separate issues .German language issue is different from the statement made VHP by VHP asking Sanskrit to be made compulsory and uma bharati saying Sanskrit will.replace English as link language If RSS is not a brahmin ethos one why is almost every leader if them belong to same Brahmin caste ?Just a coincidence ? And what caste do the new chief minister of Maharashtra belong to? I am not sure what the point if saying Tamilisai is OBC .Jaya herself is a brahmin it hardly hindered her political growth. The problem for BJP (as well as for congress before ) is the unique regional issues dravidan parties raise. The cauvery issue , Mullai periyar dam Srilankan Tamils etc none of these a national party can take a firm stand . Yesterday there was a massive bandh called by farmers in Thanjavur against cauvery issue but BJP was nowhere to be seen.Probably becoz it would have been wrongly projected in Karnataka .These are the sort of dilemmas Modi/Shah has to solve if they are grow as 3rd credible alternative to DMK/ADMK

Its about freedom of choice we don't like a language we have no need for enforced on us and under Indian constitution the people have every right to oppose it
Firstly, I am not a proponent of enforcing Sanskrit on students. But, in states like TN (don't you come from that state?), schools have been banned from teaching even Hindi, the language of 50%+ of India at least till 10th class. So, how does this fit in with the "freedom of choice of language" that you are making? :hmmm: Here's an article from earlier this year: http://www.ndtv.com/article/south/we-want-hindi-in-tamil-nadu-new-demand-speaks-language-of-change-542260 Notable quotes from the article:
A group of schools and parents have challenged a 2006 order by the then DMK government that said only Tamil will be taught till Class 10. Based on their June 5 petition, the Madras High Court has sought a response from the state's AIADMK government. Students in Chennai say not learning Hindi and other languages dents their job prospects both in India and abroad. Anirudh, a class IX student who wants to study marine engineering, says he feels forced to learn Tamil. "If I want a job in north India, I need to know Hindi," the Kannada-speaking teen told NDTV.

Firstly' date=' I am not a proponent of enforcing Sanskrit on students. But, in states like TN (don't you come from that state?), schools have been [i']banned from teaching even Hindi, the language of 50%+ of India at least till 10th class. So, how does this fit in with the "freedom of choice of language" that you are making? :hmmm: Here's an article from earlier this year: http://www.ndtv.com/article/south/we-want-hindi-in-tamil-nadu-new-demand-speaks-language-of-change-542260 Notable quotes from the article:
They arent banned from teaching Hindi but not allowed to choose Hindi as 2nd language ahead of Tamil.Still school can teach Hindi as 3rd language (Similar to KV schools) but passing Hindi isnt compulsory for passing 10th exams .Which is same as any state board system in any state in India as far I know. The students also have the option of choosing CBSE schools which r large no in Tamil nadu to pursue Hindi . Even then it doesn't make this right but DMK in 06-11 was full mode on appeasement politics .They even banned English names for Tamil movies .But two wrongs don't make a right

And what caste does the Prime Minister of India belong to?
OBC and I already said its a perception that is changing . But how does that change the fact that RSS leaders all through their history been dominated by brahmin caste .Or RSS supported the Hindi imposition in Tamil nadu ? Anyway I am not interested in another caste based argument in icf. It was more of a point I was making to explain why RSS was seen as a brahmin agenda in Tamil nadu right through their history

Still school can teach Hindi as 3rd language (Similar to KV schools) but passing Hindi isnt compulsory for passing 10th exams .Which is same as any state board system in any state in India as far I know.
No sir. In Maharashtra, you must pass Hindi and it is a compulsory 3rd language. Earlier, in English medium schools, it used to be a second language after English, but afterwards Marathi was made the second language. The article I posted seems to suggest that Hindi is banned from being taught in TN until class X. Do you have any article that contradicts that?

OBC and I already said its a perception that is changing . But how does that change the fact that RSS leaders all through their history been dominated by brahmin caste .Or RSS supported the Hindi imposition in Tamil nadu ? Anyway I am not interested in another caste based argument in icf. It was more of a point I was making to explain why RSS was seen as a brahmin agenda in Tamil nadu right through their history
What you have been saying about historical representation of castes in RSS may have been true, but I don't think that is the case now. BJP of late has been winning a majority of OBC votes in most states and even SC/STs are now starting to accept them.

No sir. In Maharashtra, you must pass Hindi and it is a compulsory 3rd language. Earlier, in English medium schools, it used to be a second language after English, but afterwards Marathi was made the second language. The article I posted seems to suggest that Hindi is banned from being taught in TN until class X. Do you have any article that contradicts that?
I said similar in reference to in any state passing of mother tounge language is necessary to pass 10 the exams. For ex can u pass through in state board schools without studying Marathi?Similarly Hindi in UP or Bengali in Bengal? Pls correct me if I am wrong ? Previously in TN u don't need to study Tamil to pass state board exams.Most private schools offered a choice BTW Tamil and another language as 2nd language . Basically u never need to learn tamil in school at any stage to pass through the schooling .That is what the govt banned This is an old article on the background of the issue http://m.rediff.com/news/2005/may/13tamil.htm There is no ban on teaching Hindi as 3rd language but Tamil must be 2nd language compulsory .Also state govt dont conduct 10th public exam for Hindi students as TN dont have 3 language system in TN.so no need to pass in 10th exams which is govt conducted Actually this has become a moot issue recently.Admk govt recently introduced a system called Samachir Kalvi which dragged down the educational quality of English medium private schools as well. So most private schools are converting to CBSE schools but that is separate story

I can ask you the same thing about the AIADMK. It seems like Iyangar rule. The truth is that the RSS did start off as an organisation started by Brahmins. It gained traction in the 1980s within all sections of soceity. Only a matter of time before somebody rises to the top. Narendra Modi is the countries first OBC CM. The RSS has campaigned hard for him. Its odd no secular party ever had the distinction. As you have mentioned later on in your posts if being a Brahmin did not hinder Ramchandran or Jayalalatitha its not fair to claim the Brahmins in the RSS are any different. As you know the only way Jaya rose to power was the fact the she was Ramchandrans mistress. Its not as if she had excellent admin skills when she became the leader.
And what caste do the new chief minister of Maharashtra belong to?
He is a Brahmin. But of the 8 CM's that the BJP have he is the only Brahmin. Personally he would not have been my choice. Ironically of the major regional CMs Rao, Naidu, Bannerjee and Amma (all in but name) a greater % are Brahmins. Both the BJP and the Congress are better represented with CM candidates from other communities.
I am not sure what the point if saying Tamilisai is OBC .Jaya herself is a brahmin it hardly hindered her political growth.
She clung onto the legacy of Ramchandaran. The big question is would she be able to raise the party from scatch at this point? the point is for some reason the BJP was always called a north Indian party controlled by Brahmins. Those perceptions are changing with Modi.
The problem for BJP (as well as for congress before ) is the unique regional issues dravidan parties raise. The cauvery issue , Mullai periyar dam Srilankan Tamils etc none of these a national party can take a firm stand .
We need to define what Dravidian means. The congress have been in power recently in Andhra and are currently in power in two other states Karnataka and Kerela. That leaves just Tamil Nadu. The BJP have formed government in Karanataka. That just leaves Tamil Nadu who has not had a national party in power for decades. Its not a bad thing. But lets not call it Dravidian. Lets call it Tamil regional parties. Every major state has its regional parties.
Yesterday there was a massive bandh called by farmers in Thanjavur against cauvery issue but BJP was nowhere to be seen.Probably becoz it would have been wrongly projected in Karnataka .These are the sort of dilemmas Modi/Shah has to solve if they are grow as 3rd credible alternative to DMK/ADMK
Trust me the Belguam issue with Maharashtra and Karnataka is on a similar level. States always fight. Not saying the BJP will walk it. But they have to make an attempt to make inroads.

and regarding this debate re Sanskrit. Its the central vidyalay. You have an option to goto that school or not. That goes for anybody. As far as making this compulsory outside across the board in an educational system. I dont agree with that. But sanskirt is not hindi imposition. I would like to stress that. Many Indian languages are are linked to sanskrit.

so you like german? is there a mass poll saying you like german? The youth in germany and austria speaks english as their second language. I have traveled there with my friends on short breaks for close to 10 years now. Barring France countries like Spain holland Italy etc all the youth speak English to varying degrees. More than Hindi, English is the snake in the grass when it comes to eroding local languages. If anything one oktoberfest i heard the Bavarians like to talk to other Gemrans in English. apparently cause their language is different from standard German. If i learn sanskirt, i can go and communicate with 70% of the indian population on atleast a basic level. (this includes the hindi belt maharashtra guj bengal goa etc etc). Who are you going to talk in German with? Where is the practicality? German is spoken by barely 2% of the world (120 million approx) . I can understand if the language in question is French or Spanish which is spoken by many countries. On top of which due to a low birth rate the number of German speakers will be in terminal decline. As i have said time and time before, the RSS does not have Brahmin ethos. The core message of the RSS is based on the teachings of Sawarkar who considered himself a hindu atheist and had little time for rituals and even temples. There are stories of him beating up priests because they spread superstition. You have to read into the Hindu mahasbha for that. They believe in a hindu cultural identity and nationalism. As for the BJP in tamil nadu, this remains one issue. The very fact the Modi is an OBC and Tamilisai is also an OBC should in itself dispel the notion that somehow BJP are just a Brahmin/upper caste party. The new defense minister is an OBC. Amit shah is not even out and out hindu, he is a Jain. In neighboring Karnataka Yeddy is a Lingayat. If a Lingayat whose religious dogma is even more distant to mainstream Hinduism can become CM in a southern state neighboring TN, there is nothing stopping the RSS from becoming a pan India organisation encompassing various national identities into it. The BJP will campaign on issues of providing better support to Tamil fisherman against SL and development. These will be the two planks. The aim will be to come second and have a post of leader of opposition. If that happens remains to be seen.
Fact Check: the new defnce minister is a Brahmin...

the RSS does have a brahmin Ethos..get your facts right...Also Modi may be born as an OBC but he strictly adheres to Brahminism...One need not be born as a brahmin to cultivate Brahmin ethos..Modi is a prime example... Bottom line is : BJP is a hindutva party and is guided by the RSS which is a brahminic organization..

the RSS does have a brahmin Ethos..get your facts right...Also Modi may be born as an OBC but he strictly adheres to Brahminism...One need not be born as a brahmin to cultivate Brahmin ethos..Modi is a prime example... Bottom line is : BJP is a hindutva party and is guided by the RSS which is a brahminic organization..
Are you modis personal secretary? How do u know what he believes in?

]the RSS does have a brahmin Ethos..get your facts right...Also Modi may be born as an OBC but he strictly adheres to Brahminism...One need not be born as a brahmin to cultivate Brahmin ethos..Modi is a prime example... Bottom line is : BJP is a hindutva party and is guided by the RSS which is a brahminic organization..
is it printed anywhere they have brahmin ethos? Strictly adheres to Brahminism? sorry on the Parrikar part. Yes he is indeed Brahmin. But the rest is all poppycock.