Germany vs Brazil semifinal wc 2014 - Ultimate Decimation of Brazil : 7-1

skindia

I was young at that time so I didnt give a crap about anything. Did the pitch deteriorate or was it that way the whole game? How did the lungans score so much? And the stark difference when Sachin was batting and others were huge.
I was at Eden...pathetic feeling. The pitch was covered for so long before the WC started for such a boring opening ceremony. The pitch was good & hard at the start. But after some overs in Indias innings....Jayasuria only option if he wanted to bowl a straight delivery was a full toss. He was pitching a good foot outside leg & the ball was going to hit off & collected behind outside off. Plus Brain freeze moment from Sachin & then the rest just failed

IMO...Brazil high physical game against Columbia is bitting them now also. They know that they got away with murder in that match....lost 2 important players in the process & were able to push Columbia out & get into SF. But they also know that now if they repeat the same physical game...they risk being sent off. Plus..they just lost the plot after the 1st goal.
True!! Winning Columbia game had big prize to pay..