India hint at five-bowler strategy

Well he is solution for spinner part and decent batsman in lower order while I would like to play another seamer in place of Binny depending on track ... For now even same team will do all right in lords ....unless track is completely changed from past years
how he is a solution if he cannot pick up wickets. Cant fill a spinners spot just for the sake of it. Yes, he can bat, but we need a bowler more.
how he is a solution if he cannot pick up wickets. Cant fill a spinners spot just for the sake of it. Yes' date=' he can bat, but we need a bowler more.[/quote'] What abt athletic Shami? Is he a lambi race ka ghoda?
What abt athletic Shami? Is he a lambi race ka ghoda?
He is out of shape like Ashwin. If I was the coach or captain, I would have not played him and instead work on his fitness or could even send him back to get fit. I hate to see these guys cannot even stay in shape.

Why are we worrying so much about the contribution of the tail with the bat? If the tail wags, that should be considered as a bonus. It's not a requirement. Having all rounders batting at 8 and 9 weakens our bowling. We should be more worried about our no 6 and no 7 batsmen scoring some runs rather than the tail.

Why are we worrying so much about the contribution of the tail with the bat? If the tail wags, that should be considered as a bonus. It's not a requirement. Having all rounders batting at 8 and 9 weakens our bowling. We should be more worried about our no 6 and no 7 batsmen scoring some runs rather than the tail.
Thank god. The words of someone who gets tests. Tail wagging is nice bonus. You pick your bowlers for wicket taking. You pick your batsman for scoring runs. Instead people going on about some bonus overs, some bonus runs. Tests is about quality bats and quality bowlers Some more focused and who can be bits and pieces player
If you go with Aaron, Pankaj, Bhuvan, Shami, Ishant and Dhoni at 6 you will have to worry :cantstop: . As our team will implode to totals like 150 from 130 for 3. So you tend to strike a balance.
If you go with Aaron' date=' Pankaj, Bhuvan, Shami, Ishant and Dhoni at 6 you will have to worry :cantstop: . As our team will implode to totals like 150 from 130 for 3. So you tend to strike a balance.[/quote'] no, go for 4 pacers and play Ashwin or binny as 5th bowler. This way you have batting till BK at 8, Aaron is no mug, Ishant can hang too but will have 4 bowlers to be effective pkis Ashwin for variations.
no' date=' go for 4 pacers and play Ashwin or binny as 5th bowler. This way you have batting till BK at 8, Aaron is no mug, Ishant can hang too but will have 4 bowlers to be effective pkis Ashwin for variations.[/quote'] ON a slightly helpful surface i don't trust any of the tail and Dhoni. Broad will make meal of them. He has a knack of sniffing out tail in a jiffy. Yes.. Binny or Ashwin as 5th bowler i am fine with that. But going in with 5 out and out fast bowlers is a risk.
ON a slightly helpful surface i don't trust any of the tail and Dhoni. Broad will make meal of them. He has a knack of sniffing out tail in a jiffy. Yes.. Binny or Ashwin as 5th bowler i am fine with that. But going in with 5 out and out fast bowlers is a risk.
Can have Ashwin instead of Binny. Wont do worse than Rohit. Regarding tail, yes they will be blown away on helpful surfaces but with better bowlers that impact can be reduced and then tail runs are always bonus. You cannot play depending on tail runs.
If its a faster pitch then they should play pankaj.
Fast or not, still our spinners have been useless. I will play 4 pacers regardless of surface unless and until it is completely bare and dry because England pitches might not have green grass but they have brown grass which keep them intact and they do not break like Trentbridge pitch was. It did not break at all even on 5th day for spinners. Only freaks like Murli or Warne could exploit it bowling in rough.