One of the greatest World Cup moment.

SLICKR392

And what were they qualifying for? Had they lost it' date=' Beckham's head would have been on a pike.[/quote'] Not really. This meant Germany finished second in group and went in to play off and won to qualify. Germany went on to final and England done usual nothing. It was not the world cup only qualifier, so don't call it world cup moment. One of the most over rated players ever. The dhoni of the football world

the thread title should be 'one of the greatest english moment' coz this was not a wc match. beckham was an overrated players agree but he had 3-4 good to great seasons with mufc from 1997-2002 and thats why real madrid were interested in him.he was inconsistent with his performances but i have to say he was one of the best crossers i have seen,absolutely pin point when he was in shape/form. now we have to satisfy with tripes like young,valencia,nani :facepalm:

I dont think Bekcham was ever overrated - sure there was a lot of hype but that was around his image and star status not around his footballing ability. No one would ever claim was a great of the game, but he was always a cosummate pro, worked hard on and off the pitch and yes the best crosses in the world at his peak

Beckham was a good footballer. He used to make some decent passes through small gaps and had good ball control and anticipation. Goes without saying, that he was an excellent free kick taker. Of course his football skills were nothing compared to his brand image, but as Sooda said above his celebrity status was not necessarily due to his ability on the field.

If one watches the whole video' date=' they will get an idea about the whole 'Shook the world ' title. It's more about Beckham and the impact that goal had on him.[/quote'] then call it greatest beckham moment ,why world cup ?