Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bhuvi averages 35 with the ball after playing 121 ODIs.

Why is he such a certainty in this format, is beyond me !!

It's like once you have got into the inner coterie and are 28 years +, your performances don't matter at all  !!

He will not retire ,he won't be dropped

There is some respite when he's injured

There is a nexus of senior cricketers who won't let each other down

Only exception is Rohit Kohli feud,glad it happened

Boobi is in good books of all seniors

20 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bhuvi averages 35 with the ball after playing 121 ODIs.

Why is he such a certainty in this format, is beyond me !!

It's like once you have got into the inner coterie and are 28 years +, your performances don't matter at all  !!

17 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

What do they see in Boobi?

This guy is flying under the radar since 2017,nobody pays attention to his pathetic display

He brings so much pessimism to this attack

Cannot believe the way some Indian commentators especially Murali Kartik start hyping him up when he swings one ball in his 1st over of the match like he is going up pick loads of wickets. By now everyone knows what Bhuvi has to offer i.e 60 runs no wickets. He is a "safe" experienced bowler for this ultra defensive TM to pick every match. This has totally killed my interest in watching the bowling. Same with the batting line up except Pant's batting nobody is exciting to watch. All play the same brand of safety first defensive approach.

4 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Cannot believe the way some Indian commentators especially Murali Kartik start hyping him up when he swings one ball in his 1st over of the match like he is going up pick loads of wickets. By now everyone knows what Bhuvi has to offer i.e 60 runs no wickets. He is a "safe" experienced bowler for this ultra defensive TM to pick every match. This has totally killed my interest in watching the bowling. Same with the batting line up except Pant's batting nobody is exciting to watch. All play the same brand of safety first defensive approach.

I just come here to see posts from some great posters here and there insights about upcoming cricketrs and pace bowling,stopped watching senior team play for 3-4 months now,find interest in IPL/SMAT/Ranjis etc because of uncapped young cricketers rather than this tasteless mafia holding Indian senior cricket as its hostage

These guys know deep down these selections only help their interests rather than team's interest,they know they are wrong

Untill they are held by their collar they won't give up,if someone does that some ICFers find fault in that individual citing his demeanor during his playing days,fans here are so conservative,they mock Prasidh and others as run leakers but they can behold the torcheer done by Boobi and other for decades

Just now, express bowling said:

Boobi was never good in ODIs.

Ànd even Bumrah has become ineffective with the new ball in ODIs in the last 2 years.

We need to try Siraj and Prasidh atleast for 10 matches each, to see how they fare with the new ball.

Bumrah is a defensive bowler,i always felt that

I would have wanted him as first change, difficult to go after

But it would mean finding two very good new ball bowlers

Siraj can be tried in there alongwith Prasidh,who may take time to settle in there,that means he should be given opportunities as much as possible

4 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Bumrah is a defensive bowler,i always felt that

I would have wanted him as first change, difficult to go after

But it would mean finding two very good new ball bowlers

Siraj can be tried in there alongwith Prasidh,who may take time to settle in there,that means he should be given opportunities as much as possible

For someone to take with the new ball, you require two things either movement or extra bounce, preferably at a decent pace along with good accuracy.