Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

1 minute ago, Jay said:

thats what you call not knowing how pitches play in australia. bounce. bounce means you pick bowlers who can do just that. bhoobi is not one of those although he can be handy too. 

when ull explain me how guys like PK won use CB series and Mohit took wkts , also kulasekra swung ball mile in aus let me know about pitches 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

when ull explain me how guys like PK won use CB series and Mohit took wkts , also kulasekra swung ball mile in aus let me know about pitches 

ptiches have changed. its not the same anymore. 

6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

@express bowling- this is what is pace bias

Name of the thread- Speed and performance of pacer and spinner

Yet no one talked about our pacers in this thread last game coz their wasnt someone with Paceeee . So are you guys really talking performance or they are 2nd grade citizens whose performance dont matter

Had it been umran malik gone for even 30 runs in an over but cranked 150k , still this wud have been talked about ................so be fair be equal .

Talk about someone like bhuvi who is bowling so well since 2 games yet no talks and that my friend is the hypocrisy of this thread and that's what is being called out for . I think the word performance shud be removed from this thread tittle 

I did talk about it a little bit. 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yet guys like sams , richardson take bundle 

and for someone like prasidh he aint getting much extra help since it has changed. 

they are getting wickets on the back of premium bowlers doing the damage early. 

We have many bowlers who have a very specific skillset. Problem arises when they are out of their comfort zone. What happens when there is no swing for Bhuvi or no grip off the pitch for Harshal or no steep bounce for Prasidh to work with. Are they good enough to adjust regardless? Bhuvi used to be around 2016-17 when he was effective at the death too. In one of the Ireland games most of the bowlers looked clueless when the pitch was slower than usual. This capacity for adjustment is what has gone missing. Even Bumrah struggles sometimes. 

Now it is not very likely that our bowlers will suddenly develop multidimensional qualities overnight.Therfore team selections should cater for all types of challenges that might arise. England play Willey but very often don't complete his overs as he isn't good at the death. We don't have such luxuries.

4 hours ago, Adamant said:

Why do posters think that keeping 90mph bowlers in the team will help us win games. 

What sort of thinking is this? 

You are not a revolutionary just bcoz you think we should have 90mph pacers. No one is afraid of pace these days, that includes bowlers. 

59 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

see this pure pace bias im talking

U talk of full phase bowler and u give me names like umran n prasidh and say bhuvi is not needed who is actually an all phase bowler in t20 

Pace bias. 

Umran n Prasidh as of now variety option not full phase bowler- even arshdeep, harshal, nattu are variety option and cover more bases 

Came back here after two months, nothing has changed. Harshal is still a low skilled trundler. He performed in UAE, questions were on pitches, he performed in one more season, they started calling it luck, now that he is performing in Internationals, questions are on his utility in Australia. Wonder what their excuses will be if he performs in World Cup. No Agnipariksha is big enough. I guess I am leaving again.

8 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

We have many bowlers who have a very specific skillset. Problem arises when they are out of their comfort zone. What happens when there is no swing for Bhuvi or no grip off the pitch for Harshal or no steep bounce for Prasidh to work with. Are they good enough to adjust regardless? Bhuvi used to be around 2016-17 when he was effective at the death too. In one of the Ireland games most of the bowlers looked clueless when the pitch was slower than usual. This capacity for adjustment is what has gone missing. Even Bumrah struggles sometimes. 

Now it is not very likely that our bowlers will suddenly develop multidimensional qualities overnight.Therfore team selections should cater for all types of challenges that might arise. England play Willey but very often don't complete his overs as he isn't good at the death. We don't have such luxuries.

Bhuvi is an all phase bowler- u cant be an all phase bowler if u just rely on swing . Deepak chahar is one phase bowler not bhuvi 

harshal relies on dip not grip 

Prasidh problem isnt getting bounce or not its his game which he hasnt worked out in t20

We will always endup making similar or half attacks unless we have full phase bowler which basically are currently -

• Bumrah, bhuvi (in form)
  • Siraj (out of form)
  • Nattu and arshdeep (nattu new ball bowling has improved vastly but still lacks that talent and arshdeep their isnt enough sample on his new ball bowling) 

Once u have 2 full phase bowler then u can give ur attack any edge 

• U feel u lack pace add umran
  • U feel opposition has issues against left armers add arshdeep or nattu or mohsin 
  • U think opposition goes very hard at end add harshal or need extra batting  

Which is why i have always wanted ashwin in t20 coz then it gives us more option to play around with pace bowling specially umran coz ashwin can cover PP overs easily not a strong suite for umran now 

6 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

So why dont you or others write about it ,no one is stopping you .Express likes pace ,nothing wrong with it.

I neways dont write much in this thread coz im busy in match thread so im not being bias to any side 

He likes pace so admit the bias 

i like runaway match winners in batting so i admit my bias in batters who can 

8 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

Came back here after two months, nothing has changed. Harshal is still a low skilled trundler. He performed in UAE, questions were on pitches, he performed in one more season, they started calling it luck, now that he is performing in Internationals, questions are on his utility in Australia. Wonder what their excuses will be if he performs in World Cup. No Agnipariksha is big enough. I guess I am leaving again.

yea it started from chennai and from their that guy has performed in UAE other indian pitches and even where their was dew 

6 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

Harshal has some very good aspects in his game but there has been times he has been found wanting. His performance vs Ireland was quite pathetic to be honest. 

5 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

Harshal has some very good aspects in his game but there has been times he has been found wanting. His performance vs Ireland was quite pathetic to be honest. 

He looked lost since his sister's demise. Not denying it. But among the options we have, he is the best.

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Bhuvi is an all phase bowler- u cant be an all phase bowler if u just rely on swing . Deepak chahar is one phase bowler not bhuvi 

harshal relies on dip not grip 

Prasidh problem isnt getting bounce or not its his game which he hasnt worked out in t20

We will always endup making similar or half attacks unless we have full phase bowler which basically are currently -

• Bumrah, bhuvi (in form)
  • Siraj (out of form)
  • Nattu and arshdeep (nattu new ball bowling has improved vastly but still lacks that talent and arshdeep their isnt enough sample on his new ball bowling) 

Once u have 2 full phase bowler then u can give ur attack any edge 

• U feel u lack pace add umran
  • U feel opposition has issues against left armers add arshdeep or nattu or mohsin 
  • U think opposition goes very hard at end add harshal or need extra batting  

Which is why i have always wanted ashwin in t20 coz then it gives us more option to play around with pace bowling specially umran coz ashwin can cover PP overs easily not a strong suite for umran now 

This thing about Bhuvi being an all phase bowler has to looked into. I think the shortened game vs Ireland is the clearest illustration of where Bhuvi's game is currently. His first two overs were close to unplayable. Then he bowled an over towards the end and looked totally ineffective. Next match he went for 46 off his four. And this is Ireland we are talking about.

2 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

This thing about Bhuvi being an all phase bowler has to looked into. I think the shortened game vs Ireland is the clearest illustration of where Bhuvi's game is currently. His first two overs were close to unplayable. Then he bowled an over towards the end and looked totally ineffective. Next match he went for 46 off his four. And this is Ireland we are talking about.

and in one of the ireland game he bought us back in game with that one over 

In that Ireland series all our bowlers were struggling to find right length . He has been playing t20 format for so long so we know how he is in all phases 

Jadeja or Axar Patel or any other left arm spinner vs left handers is another situation which hasn't been addressed. We seem to have happily accepted that slow left armers are ineffective against left handers. In the meantime Maharaj toyed with Pant in the series in India. Ashton Agar has held his own in his outings against us. 

10 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

Harshal has some very good aspects in his game

and he deserves to be in 15 for that 

10 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

but there has been times he has been found wanting. His performance vs Ireland was quite pathetic to be honest. 

so does others and everyone did struggle to find length in Ireland including hardik who looked so good last game with ball

Same harshal won us many games at home even when their was dew so he is allowed to have bad games which everyone shud since its t20 

1 minute ago, Forward Defence said:

Jadeja or Axar Patel or any other left arm spinner vs left handers is another situation which hasn't been addressed. We seem to have happily accepted that slow left armers are ineffective against left handers. In the meantime Maharaj toyed with Pant in the series in India. Ashton Agar has held his own in his outings against us. 

jadeja has always been bad against lefties infact as a bowler he is yet to crack t20 

jadeja, shami both have been guilty of same thing in t20i predictability be it length or lack of variations 

We do need an offie or kuldeep or bishnoi but that comes at a cost of batting