Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Just now, rollingstoned said:

bawa seems to be a ready made Pandya stand in. I don't know what kind of bowler he is though.

Thakur made runs down the order today but didn't take any wickets. I wish R Dhawan didn't get these games at all, waste of a position.

Bawa is a hit the deck aggressive pacer who gets good bounce. Current pace is 130 to 140 k ... but he is just 19 and I expect him to be 135 to 145 k by the time he is 22+. 

26 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Too early for Bawa maybe...  Looks ready as a bowler but needs more with the bat.   If Hardik & Axar don't play then he should be considered. 

Sold on Kuldeep totally..  Has to be in the squad. 

Low profile series and I expect Hardik and Axar to be rested. Which is why Bawa can be tried. 

46 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He needs to be groomed and play as many A games as possible. 

Both him and Rajvardhan should be groomed.
I see Bawa as no 6 (replacement for Jadeja) and Raj as no 8 (challenger to Shardul and Deepak).

A bowling lineup with Pandya, Bawa, Jadeja/Axar, Raj, Bumrah/Siraj/Umran, Kuldeep/Tyagi/Prasidh and Moshin/Arshdeep would be a mouth watering attack in most of the conditions....

Edited by singhvivek141
50 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bawa is a hit the deck aggressive pacer who gets good bounce. Current pace is 130 to 140 k ... but he is just 19 and I expect him to be 135 to 145 k by the time he is 22+. 

Even average speed of 135k is good enough for a batting allrounder, on top of it he's a leftie which is a big missing puzzle in our batting order.

33 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Will Chuskis release him??  It was shocking he didn't even get a game last time. 

Dhoni said he will play next year. They want to "groom" him. Hope he doesn't end up becoming a trundler.

“He (Hangargekar) is somebody who bowls at a good pace with decent bounce but at a level like this, it’s important to give them time to improve in other areas. You want to groom players but also give them enough opportunity to prepare themselves and then get into the side,” said Dhoni during CSK’s toss.

The youngster has been thoroughly groomed by MS Dhoni throughout this season as is evident from the various net practice video. From giving him tips on how to ace his fast bowling, Dhoni also taught the young all-rounder how to hit towering sixes. :fear1:

“He is somebody we are really excited about. He’s strong and can bowl at a good pace but there are certain areas we want him to improve in. Just for the sake of giving time to players, we aren’t playing a lopsided team. It’s still a good side and we want to end the season on a good note. So, it’s a bit of both. (Whether he’ll play next year) Definitely,” Dhoni added

https://www.insidesport.in/ipl-2022-ms-dhoni-calls-for-patience-with-u-19-star-rajvardhan-hangargekar-says-we-want-to-groom-him-check-out/

Edited by Mosher
2 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Dhoni said he will play year. They want to "groom" him. Hope he doesn't end up becoming a trundler.

“He is somebody we are really excited about. He’s strong and can bowl at a good pace but there are certain areas we want him to improve in. Just for the sake of giving time to players, we aren’t playing a lopsided team. It’s still a good side and we want to end the season on a good note. So, it’s a bit of both. (Whether he’ll play next year) Definitely,” Dhoni added

https://www.insidesport.in/ipl-2022-ms-dhoni-calls-for-patience-with-u-19-star-rajvardhan-hangargekar-says-we-want-to-groom-him-check-out/

Dhoni ne Deshpande ko bhi khilaya. Vo perfect tha kya? Deshpande was also coming back from long injury lay off. Didn't give chance to simarjeet early on.

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

thats what I was saying in some thread..he hits the deck and gets good angle against lefties..he is only going to get good from here..

I dont usually see..Indian bowlers bowling with such a good control..in sometime he can even come in team with just his bowling..that bowling who could do very well for us in SENA conditions..batting will get improved too..a very good prospect..

2 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Both him and Rajvardhan should be groomed.
I see Bawa as no 6 (replacement for Jadeja) and Raj as no 8 (challenger to Shardul and Deepak).

A bowling lineup with Pandya, Bawa, Jadeja/Axar, Raj, Bumrah/Siraj/Umran, Kuldeep/Tyagi/Prasidh and Moshin/Arshdeep would be a mouth watering attack in most of the conditions....

I would also like Bishnoi in the mix too..agressive spin option in middle overs..woudl esp be handy against lower order\tail resistances..often a pain in the a$% for us

Edited by Need4Speed
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Don't know why Tyagi is being totally ignored.

When he injured some Desi batters, perhaps he also injured their contractors ego, which has direct impact on the pockets of BCCI..

A conspiracy theory but can be true as well given the way we have discarded our U-19 batch

32 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

I would also like Bishnoi in the mix too..agressive spin option in middle overs..woudl esp be handy against lower order\tail resistances..often a pain in the a$% for us

Ya I missed Bishnoi, for such a young age he has immense self confidence and temperament. Even Kuldeep Yadav isn't a bad choice either for longer formats.

We have so much to offer, but are downplayed by our selection committee again and again.

15 minutes ago, tweaker said:

Kuldeep Sen,Umran Malik selected in the squad for Irani Trophy

But would it mean they will be left out from the ODI squad ?

Kuldeep Sen definitely deserves a go in ODIs, especially with Prasidh injured, Shami sick and Siraj playing County.

We may have an all trundler attack again in ODIs.

14 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Ya I missed Bishnoi, for such a young age he has immense self confidence and temperament. Even Kuldeep Yadav isn't a bad choice either for longer formats.

We have so much to offer, but are downplayed by our selection committee again and again.

Kuldeep for sure is a bad choice for long formats. Should only play LOIs. Long formats require bowlers who have great control.