Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

9 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Eden was a pink ball,and the aus test pitch was cracked in the 2nd inning.he can get bounce but is more skiddy.

Obviously Shami is very skiddy but he had a tendency to bowl lots of balls back of a length or even short ... and those balls skidded off the deck and often hit the batter on the head, body or fingers.

The other pacers in those matches  were not as hostile as Shami.

I had been watching Shami in Kolkata even before his test debut. He was very very aggressive and wanted to hit batters or frighten them.

He has mellowed down this year. Just wants to hit the stumps or take the edge. 

Edited by express bowling
14 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

I don't see it changing,hardly any quicks dominate our domestic cricket.Kuldeep is picked but he is not even a regular for his ranji team in white ball cricket and in home tests we rely on spinners, so  where is the scope for playing pacers.

The scope was Australia but we went with glorified spinners and pace bowlers need to be nurtured. Bhuvi will lead the attack in 2023 again and with even Dhawan being preferred over the likes of Gill, even the fielding standards are back to the 90s with all the players above 35.

If we level it to Dravid, the likes of DK, Rahane and Pujara will be in the ODI squad.

17 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

I don't see it changing,hardly any quicks dominate our domestic cricket.Kuldeep is picked but he is not even a regular for his ranji team in white ball cricket and in home tests we rely on spinners, so  where is the scope for playing pacers.

When we built a tremendous pace attack of Bumrah, Shami and Ishant in 2018 and 2019, the conditions were same.

But we still did.

It is a matter of intent.

28 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Agree, and that's where selectors role come handy.
They need to see through the live matches and figure out the bowlers, who can specially be useful with reverse (it happens less but it does) in India.

Hope Bhuvi (who told in the past that he's interested in longer), isn't considered here. Let him ruin only one format for us.