Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Beautiful bowling by Shami

Very first ball, a bouncer which climbs sharply, and an easy catch lobs to gully but no one there.

His 2nd over, excellent channel delivery, batsman edges but easy catch dropped at slips by Kohli

Same over, balls seams in at pace, bounces a bit extra and the batsman chops on to the stumps.

He is bowling at 137 k to 145 k so far... getting good bounce too

Vintage Shami

Edited by express bowling

Shami bowled in very good areas in his first spell. Very aggressive and probing lines and lengths.  Good to see after an injury break.

He usually bowls to a plan, moving the ball a little both ways from the same spot, making the ball bounce to different heights from the same spot, bowling sufficient bouncers to keep the batsman guessing, always hitting the deck hard and bowling at high pace..... he sets up batsmen and is a treat to watch.

From the middle of 2016, in the last 11 tests he has played, he has become a much more mature test bowler..... I think he is the best test pacer in subcontinent conditions among all seamers in the world nowadays, a top exponent of reverse swing at high pace ..... and has the qualities to be one of the best pacers in the world currently, if he stays fit.

53 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Nagarkotti is perhaps the quickest U19 Indian pacer now.  Looks international pace even at age 17.

And he is picking wickets by the dozen ..... just got a 10 wicket haul in the last U19 test.

He has picked up 9 wickets from only 6 List A games in his debut season at senior level.

He is a decent batter too.

Really looking forward to him playing for India A and the IPL.

16 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Shami bowled in very good areas in his first spell. Very aggressive and probing lines and lengths.  Good to see after an injury break.

He usually bowls to a plan, moving the ball a little both ways from the same spot, making the ball bounce to different heights from the same spot, bowling sufficient bouncers to keep the batsman guessing, always hitting the deck hard and bowling at high pace..... he sets up batsmen and is a treat to watch.

From the middle of 2016, in the last 11 tests he has played, he has become a much more mature test bowler..... I think he is the best test pacer in subcontinent conditions among all seamers in the world nowadays, a top exponent of reverse swing at high pace ..... and has the qualities to be one of the best pacers in the world currently, if he stays fit.

At the risk of sounding biased, I would say Shami even now is one of the world's best. 

I am really interested in the pacers who show actual wicket-taking ability in their pre-international days while bowling at good pace.

Srinath and Zaheer did that..... then came Shami and Bumrah.... all have succeeded at international level ( and the reason why I want Bumrah to play test matches )

Among the uncapped guys now.... Siraj,  Nagarkoti and Avesh Khan fall in this category.  We should focus on these 3.

44 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Nagarkotti is perhaps the quickest U19 Indian pacer now.  Looks international pace even at age 17.

And he is picking wickets by the dozen ..... just got a 10 wicket haul in the last U19 test.

He has picked up 9 wickets from only 6 List A games in his debut season at senior level.

He is a decent batter too.

Really looking forward to him playing for India A and the IPL.

He is probably around 135 at this stage. Count the steps of the wk when that wicket falls. Keeper is standing 25-27 steps back. It gives some idea of his pace. Shivam Mavi also looks pretty quick.

Edited by rkt.india
14 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

bowls too much on a length these days ,needs to pitch some balls  really full and quick to see if the batsman can react to it.

He did bowl much fuller today and got some swing going. He was driven for 4 couple of times but that is ok. There will always be a chance of the batsman edging the ball to the keeper/slips. He picked up a wicket in the 1st innings from pitched up ball which swung into the left hander and caught him plumb.

35 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He is probably around 135 at this stage. Count the steps of the wk when that wicket falls. Keeper is standing 25-27 steps back. It gives some idea of his pace. Shivam Mavi also looks pretty quick.

And Nagarkoti is short.... which means the keeper will stand way back only if there is good pace.

If you remember the earlier video you posted, an inswinger resulting in a bowled out, he looked really sharp.

I won't be surprised if his quickest balls are around 140 k even now.  I saw him bowl live in a match and he was really hurrying batsmen.