Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bhuvi has been totally out of form in this series.

Has picked up just 2 wickets from 4.5 matches so far and economy rate is 6.22

Needs some rest freshen to himself.

Shami should come in.

he will always struggle where the ball doesnt swing .......dont keep ur head down llike an ostrich ....face the reality ...avg of 38...pathetic

7 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Pandya hitting 141k's. However, he doesnt give me that confidence.. But as I write this, he picks up ABD with a 140k ball.

Pandya's problem is he has not bowled long spells in first class cricket as he is a late starter unlike Bumrah who has been a fat bowler from age group cricket. He struggles to maintain intensity and pace match after match.  I would like him to play Ranji trophy when we play in India where we can do without him and play a spinning alrounder. Selectors should convey him properly that they want him to bowl longer spells in domestic cricket to become a better bowler stamina wise and will be picked once we tour overseas, so, that he does not drop his shoulders.  few games in ranji trophy wont do him any harm.

5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Pandya's problem is he has not bowled long spells in first class cricket as he is a late starter unlike Bumrah who has been a fat bowler from age group cricket. He struggles to maintain intensity and pace match after match.  I would like him to play Ranji trophy when we play in India where we can do without him and play a spinning alrounder. Selectors should convey him properly that they want him to bowl longer spells in domestic cricket to become a better bowler stamina wise and will be picked once we tour overseas, so, that he does not drop his shoulders.  few games in ranji trophy wont do him any harm.

Its not as much about long overs as it is about being a one dimensional bowler. He just doesnt have variety or game plan. He needs to play more and more and explore himself, unless he has a game plan, he wont succeed.

20 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Its not as much about long overs as it is about being a one dimensional bowler. He just doesnt have variety or game plan. He needs to play more and more and explore himself, unless he has a game plan, he wont succeed.

He has enough variety. He has a good outswinger, bowls good off cutters, good knuckle ball, good short ball.

14 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He has enough variety. He has a good outswinger, bowls good off cutters, good knuckle ball, good short ball.

Variety and game plan are 2 different things. You can have all the spices in the kitchen, yet make the worst food possible. You need to know how to use it.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

I feel Pandya's issues as a bowler stem from lack of bowling practice, especially in 5-day matches.

He is unable to bowl with rhythm a bit too often and forgets to bowl his stock ball at times.

Needs to play some FC.

It's due to lack of ability to maintain intensity match after match. Being an alrounder isn't an easy job.

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

It's due to lack of ability to maintain intensity match after match. Being an alrounder isn't an easy job.

Which is why I have always wanted a back-up all-rounder who will relieve him in some matches.

Kohli, Bumrah and Bhuvi need to be rotated too ... to help them maintain intensity.

But Pandya losing rhythm is also due to insufficient FC experience.