Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

I doubt. His action also doesnt look crisp to me. Unless he starts bowling 145+, I see no point in having him in the team.

Sran loses energy a bit too often for a young bowler. and starts bowling significantly slower in many spells.  An old Zaheer Khan at 35 was not included for the same reason despite all his skills and experience.

Even when he is bowling in full flow, he does not hit the deck hard most of the times and just puts the ball there. Rkt said that he has had a shoulder injury and that is perhaps the reason for this.

Also, he slows down a bit before delivering the ball ...when he should accelerate.

I would prefer that he corrects these issues and then comes back if he is good.

Sran loses energy a bit too often for a young bowler. and starts bowling significantly slower in many spells.  An old Zaheer Khan at 35 was not included for the same reason despite all his skills and experience.

Even when he is bowling in full flow, he does not hit the deck hard most of the times and just puts the ball there. Rkt said that he has had a shoulder injury and that is perhaps the reason for this.

Also, he slows down a bit before delivering the ball ...when he should accelerate.

I would prefer that he corrects these issues and then comes back if he is good.

I believe that shoulder injury did him. He needs to work on his shoulder strength if he wants to stay relevant. Take a look at Pandya, he might look slender but he is muscularly build. He has some good lean muscles that enabled him gain pace. I remember Sudeep Tyagi also had a shoulder injury and underwent surgery in 2011 and he was never the same bowler after that even in domestic cricket, lost pace which his forte. The guy had 18 wickets in 2.5 matches winning UP 2 of those matches on his own but that unfortunate injury ruined his career. Indian fast bowling is cursed. Here we don't have any support system to guide bowlers how to go about things after serious injuries and come back.

I believe that shoulder injury did him. He needs to work on his shoulder strength if he wants to stay relevant. Take a look at Pandya, he might look slender but he is muscularly build. He has some good lean muscles that enabled him gain pace. I remember Sudeep Tyagi also had a shoulder injury and underwent surgery in 2011 and he was never the same bowler after that even in domestic cricket, lost pace which his forte. The guy had 18 wickets in 2.5 matches winning UP 2 of those matches on his own but that unfortunate injury ruined his career. Indian fast bowling is cursed. Here we don't have any support system to guide bowlers how to go about things after serious injuries and come back.

Yes, Sudeep Tyagi was a very exciting talent. Tall bowler who hit the deck hard and got steep bounce. His case was really sad.

An international cricketer got like Srinath had much better help when he had his rotator cuff operation in 1997. He lost some pace, but still retained the ability to hit the deck hard and get steep bounce.

We need better injury management at state level cricket for young bowlers who have not played international matches.

Yes, Sudeep Tyagi was a very exciting talent. Tall bowler who hit the deck hard and got steep bounce. His case was really sad.

An international cricketer got like Srinath had much better help when he had his rotator cuff operation in 1997. He lost some pace, but still retained the ability to hit the deck hard and get steep bounce.

We need better injury management at state level cricket for young bowlers who have not played international matches.

it is nit just about medical help but guiding bowler to how come back to bowl well again, getting his old action and rhythm back. he couldn't do that. He could bowl in 140s but on his come back in domestic, he was struggling to go above 128K and spraying it.

I can give a very simple procedure to get genuine fast bowlers. And I think its fool proof. Have speed competition in the country. Offer 1 lac to each bowler who can bowl 6 consecutive delivery at 140.  Rs 5 lacs for bowlers who can bowl at 145+ atleast 2 deliveries of an over. And Rs 10 lac for any one who can touch 150kph. 

I am telling you, within 2 yrs you will have bowlers bowling at that pace. With so much of abundance of money with BCCI, I wonder why they do not take such steps.

I can give a very simple procedure to get genuine fast bowlers. And I think its fool proof. Have speed competition in the country. Offer 1 lac to each bowler who can bowl 6 consecutive delivery at 140.  Rs 5 lacs for bowlers who can bowl at 145+ atleast 2 deliveries of an over. And Rs 10 lac for any one who can touch 150kph. 

I am telling you, within 2 yrs you will have bowlers bowling at that pace. With so much of abundance of money with BCCI, I wonder why they do not take such steps.

it is not so easy. they wont start bowling 145 just because you are offering money.

Maybe " agents "  will try to find, with a lot of effort and zeal, bowlers who do bowl 145 k + ...and then try enter into a contract  to split the money with the winning contestants.

Even parents may eagerly send their sons , who can bowl really quick, to such contests. Without the money, maybe not enough parents are taking interest in either allowing their sons or proactively sending them.

In the practical world there is nothing like money to attract talent.

Edited by express bowling

Having been in sports, I know the psychi. Its the same country which has produced Boxing world no 1 like Vijendra and Mary Kom. No way that 3-4 bowlers cant bowl in excess of 150, its just that they dont have any incentive to look forward to. 

Also, both of us know that I found a bowler in a godforsaken land like Bihar, a guy who was barely 5'7' inches tall. And who was bowling atleast at 140+, if not 145. You have seen the video yourself! There got to be others like him. The cricket management is not doing their job properly.

Having been in sports, I know the psychi. Its the same country which has produced Boxing world no 1 like Vijendra and Mary Kom. No way that 3-4 bowlers cant bowl in excess of 150, its just that they dont have any incentive to look forward to. 

Also, both of us know that I found a bowler in a godforsaken land like Bihar, a guy who was barely 5'7' inches tall. And who was bowling atleast at 140+, if not 145. You have seen the video yourself! There got to be others like him. The cricket management is not doing their job properly.

I remember reading about that bowler and watching a video that you/Rkt uploaded. Though I was not registered to the forum then, I used to lurk here. What happened to that guy?

Brett Lee about Umesh ""He's had a shoulder issue for a year or two now. He's been struggling for twelve months with his shoulder. I hope he gets back. He's such a great bowler when he's in action because he's got good pace. He hits over 140 easily, he can hit 145. He's got good pace, so I hope he comes back to India to play and bowl with the pace he can. He's bowling fine, he just needs to get that zip back," Lee said." http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/77315/brett-lee-excited-by-australia-and-indias-young-bowlers

I think Umesh is fully healed from the injury right? 

Brett Lee about Umesh ""He's had a shoulder issue for a year or two now. He's been struggling for twelve months with his shoulder. I hope he gets back. He's such a great bowler when he's in action because he's got good pace. He hits over 140 easily, he can hit 145. He's got good pace, so I hope he comes back to India to play and bowl with the pace he can. He's bowling fine, he just needs to get that zip back," Lee said." http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/77315/brett-lee-excited-by-australia-and-indias-young-bowlers

I think Umesh is fully healed from the injury right? 

Is Umesh still carrying a shoulder injury ?  Was not aware of it.   

Umesh has hit 150 k often in the last year  and is still carrying an injury   !!

I can bowling a very simplin  procedure to get genuine fast bowlers. And I think its fool proof. Have speed competition in the country. Offer 1 lac to each bowler who can bowl 6 consecutive delivery at 140.  Rs 5 lacs for bowlers who can bowl at 145+ atleast 2 deliveries of an over. And Rs 10 lac for any one who can touch 150kph. 

Ashok Dinda was found in one such pace talent contest.

Pace alone is not enough. Other skills like control, seam, swing along with pace are what will be effective. For that bowlers need to do the grind of first class cricket. None of the other countries have pacers found through such contests.

Also bowling a few fast balls and then losing stamina is not good enough. 

Ashok Dinda was found in one such pace talent contest.

Pace alone is not enough. Other skills like control, seam, swing along with pace are what will be effective. For that bowlers need to do the grind of first class cricket. None of the other countries have pacers found through such contests.

Also bowling a few fast balls and then losing stamina is not good enough. 

Ashok Dinda wasn't that quick.

I am really disappointed to see Umesh bowl much slower than normal. 

This strategy does not make a pacer any more accurate. But his natural ability to pick up wickets suddenly has been missing this series.

The only time he looked dangerous today was when he bowled that quick, well directed bouncer at Warner's head and he top edged it. 

Umesh should bowl flat out fast because that is his USP and makes him the most effective.

If Umesh wants to be in the side, he needs to bowl at around 145k. Bowling slower than usual definitely does not improve his accuracy. Only positive was that he started bowling some cutters towards the end and the batters found it difficult for a while. 
Ishant looks the most improved of the lot.
Lets see how they perform at the death now. 
As far as R Dhawan is concerned, I reckon the batters are playing the waiting game. 

what if the guy that bowl 6 bowls at 145 get injured after that