Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Just now, MultiB48 said:

he is 28 ,who knows when the next sena tour will be ,he himself might have wanted to play .i want him to succeed just like you but he has to lift his game.

Yes why not

But here the question is why Kohli played him when he had back issue

It is the captain who is responsible for making team selections

I don't think Saini can force Kohli to play him 

3 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

very few isnt it ,may be express knows a few more from the 80s.

Historically we never had an ATG pacer so maybe a reason there's barely anyone who has done well in Aus consistently

Even other teams don't have pacers doing consistently well there,maybe few Steyn(in recent times),Bond (in early 2000s), there are few others but can't remember

Edited by Suhaan
7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

One point I will raise my non existent hat to Kohli and Shastri.

They have shown the guts to rest Bumrah in the T20I series despite losing the ODI series. And they have rested Shami in 2 of the last 3 LOIs too.

Well done !!

Looks to be a decision made out of compulsion. Bumrah looked totally exhausted in 3rd ODI, Shami was running and moving around very gingerly and looked stiff in the first T20Is. The kaptaan-coach must have got spooked seeing that. 

38 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Historically we never had an ATG pacer so maybe a reason there's barely anyone who has done well in Aus consistently

Even other teams don't have pacers doing consistently well there,maybe few Steyn(in recent times),Bond (in early 2000s), there are few others but can't remember

he isn't an ATG on bowling alone, but Kapil has actually done very well in Australia.. 51 wickets @ 24.5 a piece from 11 matches

Disappointed with our bowling coach Arun.

The biggest mistake rookie touring pacers have made over the years in Australia is bowl too short after seeing the ball flying through.

Young Tyagi did just that ... which shows that he has not been guided properly by the coaches. It is not as if he was erring in length  .. He was deliberately bowling too short.

This is where he should have been guided earlier.

1 hour ago, Mosher said:

Bro, how did our fast bowlers bowl? 

Bro, this pitch has good pace and bounce.

Umesh  ... This is the best I have seen him bowl outside Asia. Bowled in good areas mostly ... tried to push batters with some good short balls from time to time ... pace was good enough ... saw a few nasty bouncers.

Siraj ... Bowled in good areas ... got some bounce quite regularly ... pace was decent. Maintained pressure from his end. But he needs to bowl quicker if he comes across a flat or slow pitch. 

Tyagi ... was the quickest of our 3 pacers. Got some balls to really rear up and fly through. But he bowled like a rookie. Bowled too short. He needs to be told to target the top of off stump and use bouncers as surprise balls. This is where a good bowling coach comes in.

In general, we have hit Aussie batters quite a few times on the helmet and gloves ... And have bowled aggressively.

Edited by express bowling
12 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bro, this pitch has good pace and bounce.

Umesh  ... This is the best I have seen him bowl outside Asia. Bowled in good areas mostly ... tried to push batters with some good short balls from time to time ... pace was good enough ... saw a couple of nasty bouncers.

Siraj ... Bowled in good areas ... got some bounce quite regularly ... pace was decent. Maintained pressure from his end. But he needs to bowl quicker if he comes across a flat or slow pitch. 

Tyagi ... was the quickest of our 3 pacers. Got some balls to really rear up and fly through. But he bowled like a rookie. Bowled too short. He needs to be told to target the top of off stump and use bouncers as surprise balls. This is where a good bowling coach comes in.

In general, we have hit Aussie batters quite a few times on the helmet and gloves ... And have bowled aggressively.

Thanks bro.