Gameplan

kabira

Our gameplan was screwed up today.. I don't know why we had to play so many strokes...we knew dew will come into play, all we needed to do is bat sensibly...first 10 over, no risks... I am not happy on how senior pro like Sachin threw away his wicket..he had rattled pakis, all he needed to bat sensibly, batting was going to be easy later..

Uthappa..should never come before 4..he is very vulnerable with new ball...he is a true FTB.. Dhoni was trying tobe too smart and too cool... saale ka style isko le dubega ek din.. ladkiyon ke chakkar me pad gaya hai ab...he is 25..tendu got married at this age.. KKD is married... he should also get married soon..before girls distract him more and he loses his captaincy and his spot in the team.. Sehwag should be the example.. all bow to the rising sun..none cares for the fading star..

Errr.... We wanted to test out our "young guns". Thats why Rohit, Robin got a chance to go ahead of mahi and yuvi. Only Rohit managed to do good unfortunately.

We are chasing 300, having lost 4 quick wkts and . Having made 52 off 61, it is difficult for a new batsman to score at the same pace. There was a 4 in that over already. He then went air bound half hearted. What was the facking need of that. I find Sharma's dismissal the turning point more than Yuvraj. What a brainless shot was that!

Worse than Tendulkar was Rohit Sharma. As soon as he got his slow 50' date=' he threw his wkt away when a boundary was already scored in the over. He played for his 50 and is not a team player. Just like most Mumbai players are...[/quote'] Never knew bias could make you so one eyed! Rohit scored 52 of 61 deliveries, and they had to keep hitting if they thought of moving on in the game. Rohit is the most talented of the younger lot, who somehow just cannot build an inning --example is Uthappa! Who can say that this guy is a genuine opener!!!!!! He has a terrible technique, and he'll be a sitting duck with that kind of poor technique!
We are chasing 300' date=' having lost 4 quick wkts and . Having made 52 off 61, it is difficult for a new batsman to score at the same pace. There was a 4 in that over already. He then went air bound half hearted. What was the facking need of that. I find Sharma's dismissal the turning point more than Yuvraj. What a brainless shot was that![/quote'] wow some of us sub cont fans can be seriously harsh!
Never knew bias could make you so one eyed! Rohit scored 52 of 61 deliveries, and they had to keep hitting if they thought of moving on in the game. Rohit is the most talented of the younger lot, who somehow just cannot build an inning --example is Uthappa! Who can say that this guy is a genuine opener!!!!!! He has a terrible technique, and he'll be a sitting duck with that kind of poor technique!
try to make your point without getting personal. Uthappa's technique is good enough for opening rush as well as later order rush. That is his utility as the player. If he had survived that over, he would have got some useful runs when it was needed. Don't compare him with a player like Sharma whose technique is suited Dravid-like role. We don't win very many ODIs with Dravid-like role. Compare the number of matches 'won' by Dravid to Yuvraj or even Sehwag (MOMs). Dravid's utility in ODIs was limited to holding one end up while the other end goes for broke. When Rohit was dismissed in that over, the RR was 7.43. Yuvaj had score a boundary in thaat over and we already had 7 runs in the over. All that was needed was to push one of mid-on/off and run for a single. Instead Rohit went arial. That was a half-hearted slog, he never wanted to score a 6 or 4 off that, but wanted to score 2 runs. Kid will learn. Definitely to try him when Dravid hangs his boots.

Man, you guys are tough. The India I remember, would never have gotten to 275 after being 62/4. The difference between someone retaining his position (say Yuvi at no.4) is a few innings. A few bad innings and the same folks will be baying for their blood, saying that they're a liability at a position where they're require to bolster the total. Be fair, I think the batting order as it was during the first few matches was right and Dhoni was flexible. Whether dada deserved to be there, is debatable, but stats do point to the fact that when ST-SG get to opening, they score better than any other opening partnership india has tried in recent times. Damn, I hate defending SG.. but we don't seem to have an alternative from the current bunch.