Tendulkar autobiography

Lord

It was their gamble, but it was not intended for "appeasing" a senior player. My point is that Aussies make decisions that could involve rubbing some senior players the wrong way. On many occasions they have dropped senior players in order to maintain their high performance culture. For us to drop senior players though, it takes long looooonnggg periods of non-performance to even start contemplating such a move. From all the news items I have read, it appears that Chappell did not want to wait these super long periods of non-performance and get replacements when the seniors stopped performing.
This is the key thing. Chappell might be arrogant and dictatorial, but that doesn't change the fact that our players get a sense of entitlement once they have certain number of tests or performances under their belt. This business of "seniors" and "juniors" is ridiculous. Harbhajan Singh complains without a hint of irony that Chappell had it in for seniors in the side, why was that, he wonders! If it took a Chappell to bring them down a peg or two, then all the better. It is just too bad that he was not a very good coach in the first place, or he could have established a merit system like in other countries.
This is the key thing. Chappell might be arrogant and dictatorial' date=' but that doesn't change the fact that our players get a sense of entitlement once they have certain number of tests or performances under their belt. This business of "seniors" and "juniors" is ridiculous. Harbhajan Singh complains without a hint of irony that Chappell had it in for seniors in the side, why was that, he wonders! If it took a Chappell to bring them down a peg or two, then all the better. It is just too bad that he was not a very good coach in the first place, or he could have established a [b']merit system like in other countries.
does your merit system consider - experience, leadership as one of the parameters?
I never thought that Sachin would risk adulation that he receives in other countries by being so open about his thoughts. Calling Gilly out so openly was never expected from him. But all that has increased my respect for him even more.
This.....also the best part about it is so far "fingers crossed" no mudslinging on his own team mates like most Pakis(Pretty much Everyone),Aussies(???),Englishmen(K.P) or even South Africans(Gibbs etc) would do
Equating acting in advertisements and writing books, wonderful. Tendulkar is so worried about a publisher not getting their millions that he is willing to go against 27 documented years of integrity, maturity and dignity to spread a lie about someone with whom he worked nearly a decade back. Brilliant. Or are you saying Tendulkar, the person who spent weeks without sleeping preparing for a World cup match, is going to trust some ghost writer implicitly without even caring to read it before release? Astounding!
You really believe anyone can be healthy and play without sleeping for weeks. Dont take these metaphors literally.
Can someone tell me what "coaching" did Buchanan provide to Warne? to McGrath? to Hayden? to Ponting? Can someone tell me what coaching could be provided to Tendulkar, the most experienced cricketer in history? :hysterical: Jeez, some people just need to come out of silly football mindset. Cricket is infinitely more nuanced and requiring mental approach than football. Besides it is too complex and diversified that there CANNOT be a long term "one size fits all" approach to it.
I see that you are not just an expert in cricket, but you have also mastered football and know that football does not require as much "mental approach"............... and some dumb idiots at Manchester United spent so much money on Alex Ferguson. :cantstop:
There ISN'T a seniority culture in team India. There was such a culture some time back in the 90s. But not now. Not in the 2000s.
If you still think that there is no "seniority culture" in Indian cricket and it only existed in the 90s, then that is a figment of your imagination.
I see that you are not just an expert in cricket' date=' but you have also mastered football and know that football does not require as much "mental approach"............... and some dumb idiots at Manchester United spent so much money on Alex Ferguson. :cantstop:[/quote'] I am never pretending to be an expert in football. But it's a more homogenous game than cricket.
Greg Chappel will be stoned if travels to India now .He should stay away from India at all costs ;) I don't think we should doubt what Sachin said ,lot of senior players have backed him .Greg Chappel is a freak lier .
lol he was hired as coach of jaipur cricket academy and was head of one of ipl teams recruitment or sth
To all Chappell lovers, kindly list down "examples" of measures adopted by Chappell to improve Indian cricket during his tenure. eg - I am listing down what all he did to "destroy" Indian cricket:
  • Tried to hatch a conspiracy with Tendulkar to get Dravid removed from the team captaincy
  • Promised Tendulkar captaincy in return and told him together they could control Indian cricket
  • Selected Yuvraj Singh over Laxman in tests and attributed this to "merit"
  • The whole handling of Ganguly - including deliberate leaking of mail sent to BCCI

1. Introduced an exciting brand of cricket 2. Aggressive induction of youth into the team whereas the team had been going stale before his arrival with a lot of old players and not enough youngsters. We all remember getting so excited by the induction of talented guys like Raina, Munaf Patel and Sreesanth to name a few. Its right and unfortunate that it didnt work out with thosse guys but their first couple of yeas were very exciting. Was a breath of fresh air after the lethagic and unimaginative performance in the home defeat to Pakistan. 3. Gave the seniors the wake up call that no one's place is guaranteed and if you dont perform then you can get the chop no matter what your name is. It is arguably cuz of this that they got their act together later, Few others but I think his biggest mistake was that he had a long term plan of 5+ years whereas he was to be judged on a 2 year contract and didnt change his own personality to suit indian culture..