Tendulkar autobiography

Lord

Am I doubting Dravid's skill as a batsman? Also Dravid becoming a wicketkeeper was not a selfless act,it was his ticket to get into the ODI squad,but TBF it was a win-win for all parties involved. Him getting phased out from the ODI squad post 2007,is a no-brainer...it would look ridiculous had he complained as there were plenty of options available in that format. I respect Dravid the batsman and yes he has played some terrific test innings but he is not the epitome of virtue as everyone here are making him out to be
Dravid was our second best batsman leading into the world cup . There was no need for him to take wk to save his place .

Just curious to know from anybody that has read the book whether Sachin offers any insights on Kambli or any of his counterparts. I remember Agassi mentioning how he struggled with his insecurities and how his career went into freefall after the '95 season, his dislike for Sampras and his tipping habits, his father being a control freak and having a fight with Peter Graf. These bits were fascinating to read. The next autobiography I am looking to read is Naseeruddin Shah's. It seems brutally honest by the excerpts I have read thus far.

Oh cut the crap .Dravid who was the most successful no3 which is the most important position in test cricket is not a ''weasel''.A weasel cannot bat at no 3,a position meant for the grittiest and the toughest..Also a weasel wouldn't agree to open in test cricket which again another tough position to bat...A weasel will always sit in his/her comfort zone...a will never come out if it to face the challenge.. And oh yes mud slinging through media is hardly a courageous act..even third grade bollywood actors can do that...Real men ''act'' according to the situations which Dravid did during his playing days..Here again he is just clarifying things...Just because you lot cannot handle the fact that..He played some of the most crucial test innings for India, deal with it....:giggle:

O i C. So you are disappointed with a book you have not read and you have judged he's only getting back at his detractors? ICF swarming with geniuses these days.
That's what people do, they form opinions (not judgements) based on book reviews. Its no different to deciding to watch a movie after reading its reviews.
Just curious to know from anybody that has read the book whether Sachin offers any insights on Kambli or any of his counterparts. I remember Agassi mentioning how he struggled with his insecurities and how his career went into freefall after the '95 season, his dislike for Sampras and his tipping habits, his father being a control freak and having a fight with Peter Graf. These bits were fascinating to read. The next autobiography I am looking to read is Naseeruddin Shah's. It seems brutally honest by the excerpts I have read thus far.
There can be no autobiography which can be brutally honest. Everyone thinks what they did was correct and tell their side of the story and their perception of the situation. The only thing that an autobiography can show if writtern without any inhibitions is to what kind of attitude the writer has.
Yes its wrong to bash him for that reason. But it is also wrong to label him mature and others whiners' date=' immature, classless etc.[/quote'] Agreed but I don't buy the story that Chappel wanted to rule Indian cricket by offering Tendulkar the captaincy though. If true I think their is more to the story than what sachin explained. I am also skeptical of the story about chappel not wanting ganguly ,harbhajan singh, Virender Sehwag, Ashish Nehra, Zaheer Khan and Yuvraj Singh under political reasons because 5 of these 6 guys played in the 2007 world cup. I think the laxman story makes the most sense to me. Chappel had a my way or the highway approach to coaching that rubbed some of the players the wrong way and guys like dravid didn't care. That doesn't make dravid a puppet as people are accusing him of being.
There can be no autobiography which can be brutally honest. Everyone thinks what they did was correct and tell their side of the story and their perception of the situation. The only thing that an autobiography can show if writtern without any inhibitions is to what kind of attitude the writer has.
And I am OK with that,it just does not make for compelling reading that's all.
Agreed but I don't buy the story that Chappel wanted to rule Indian cricket by offering Tendulkar the captaincy though. If true I think their is more to the story than what sachin explained. I am also skeptical of the story about chappel not wanting ganguly ,harbhajan singh, Virender Sehwag, Ashish Nehra, Zaheer Khan and Yuvraj Singh under political reasons because 5 of these 6 guys played in the 2007 world cup. I think the laxman story makes the most sense to me. Chappel had a my way or the highway approach to coaching that rubbed some of the players the wrong way and guys like dravid didn't care. That doesn't make dravid a puppet as people are accusing him of being.
well i cant comment on this because i dont what really happened their. But you can clearly see that most of the seniors had problems with Chappell except Dravid.
And I am OK with that' date='it just does not make for compelling reading that's all.[/quote'] You can't compare autobiographies from celebrities from western countries to Indian celebrities. Agassi or any other western celebrity can talk about his sexcapades,drug use etc without any inhibitions,will not be the same if an Indian celebrity writes about such thing,infact will never happen. SO the only SPice you can get is from either bit***ng about others or Justifying yourself. SRT is the most intriguing celebrity in India for sure and despite being one of the most adored celebrities,there are still a secretive side to him.....So I wil lread the book and be the judge of it...You seem to be already disappointed by a couple of excerpts from it which were only made public because they are relatively more contemporary in nature and kindof controversial
so we can only give credit to Chappell for our good run under him but cant blame him for the WC debacle
Er... watch the interview before making a comment. Gavaskar says that you can criticize Chappell for strategy, dressing room atmosphere etc. but you can't criticize your on-field performance ALWAYS by claiming the coach (not just Chappell).
You can see this particular aspect on public display here. 4QSK9t6OrgU
You can't compare autobiographies from celebrities from western countries to Indian celebrities. Agassi or any other western celebrity can talk about his sexcapades,drug use etc without any inhibitions,will not be the same if an Indian celebrity writes about such thing,infact will never happen. SO the only SPice you can get is from either bit***ng about others or Justifying yourself. SRT is the most intriguing celebrity in India for sure and despite being one of the most adored celebrities,there are still a secretive side to him.....So I wil lread the book and be the judge of it...You seem to be already disappointed by a couple of excerpts from it which were only made public because they are relatively more contemporary in nature and kindof controversial
In short, Indian celebrities (in this case Tendulkar) won't tell the complete truth and represent only one side of the story. That's the entire point people are trying to say here, really. Don't believe everything what Tendulkar says.
You can't compare autobiographies from celebrities from western countries to Indian celebrities. Agassi or any other western celebrity can talk about his sexcapades,drug use etc without any inhibitions,will not be the same if an Indian celebrity writes about such thing,infact will never happen. SO the only SPice you can get is from either bit***ng about others or Justifying yourself. SRT is the most intriguing celebrity in India for sure and despite being one of the most adored celebrities,there are still a secretive side to him.....So I wil lread the book and be the judge of it...You seem to be already disappointed by a couple of excerpts from it which were only made public because they are relatively more contemporary in nature and kindof controversial
thats the problem. theres absolutely nothing about his personal life even and really thats what makes a sportsman more interesting and humanizes him. no mention of his family life or childhood friends like kambli the book is filled with cricket and the only moments that can make news are his his whining about cricket.
Agreed but I don't buy the story that Chappel wanted to rule Indian cricket by offering Tendulkar the captaincy though. If true I think their is more to the story than what sachin explained. I am also skeptical of the story about chappel not wanting ganguly ,harbhajan singh, Virender Sehwag, Ashish Nehra, Zaheer Khan and Yuvraj Singh under political reasons because 5 of these 6 guys played in the 2007 world cup. I think the laxman story makes the most sense to me. Chappel had a my way or the highway approach to coaching that rubbed some of the players the wrong way and guys like dravid didn't care. That doesn't make dravid a puppet as people are accusing him of being.
Chappal didnt want yuvraj, really. Yuvraj was backed a lot by him. They tried everything to keep him in test team.
well i cant comment on this because i dont what really happened their. But you can clearly see that most of the seniors had problems with Chappell except Dravid.
Because Dravid was someone who would adjust to everything. He would do everything for the team.