Tendulkar autobiography

Lord

Yuvraj (even during Chappell's tenure) had commented how he liked the regime etc. Raina too has given kind words. Even MS Dhoni would be ambivalent on Chappell - the worst.
Kindly give links to Yuvraj's comments about Chappell tenure. And please don't assume what Dhoni has to think about Chappell in absence of any evidence. 5-6 senior, well respected Indian players have come out in the open and explicitly expressed their displeasure with Chappell regime. I think that carries way way way way way more weight than Raina's kind words, and Yuvraj's "supposedly" and Dhoni's "imaginary" thoughts about Chappell.
Kindly give links to Yuvraj's comments about Chappell tenure. And please don't assume what Dhoni has to think about Chappell in absence of any evidence. 5-6 senior, well respected Indian players have come out in the open and explicitly expressed their displeasure with Chappell regime. I think that carries way way way way way more weight than Raina's kind words, and Yuvraj's "supposedly" and Dhoni's "imaginary" thoughts about Chappell.
Yuvraj best words were under Chappell. Yuvraj backs Chappell's methods http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/221149.html Mature Yuvraj credits success to Chappell, Frazer http://www.indiaexpress.com/news/sports/cricket/20050905-0.html Why so defensive? Did I say that Chappell's tenure was better because Yuvraj and Raina said so? No. Don't connect non-existent dots. All that I said was - Yuvraj and Raina were happy with Chappell.
Meanwhile, irked at the Centre's decision to waive the import duty members of an NGO went on a begging spree on Tilak Road in Pune to collect money for the duty. "A common man ends up paying duty, but a man like Tendulkar who is rolling in wealth, asks the government to waive duty and that too for a car which has been gifted to him," said Niranjan Phadke, leader of Patit Pawan Sanghathana, which organised the drive. The government had no right to waive the duty at the cost of the common tax payers, he said. Carrying a large photograph of Tendulkar, the members of PPS went about collecting a rupee each from people. The PPS activists said the amount collected would be sent to Tendulkar by money order. "Yesterday we collected Rs 112 which has already been sent to him by money order."
:hysterical::hysterical:

The book is available on torrents if anyone wants. I've downloaded the ebook but I'll wait for the hardcover to come (ordered from Amazon and now they are saying delivery is delayed till 14th :mad: ) because its been a really, really long time since I read a hardcover book (been reading only ebooks for the last 3-4 years). As for people saying its boring - I expected that. He's never been into big controversies while playing so I didn't think he would reveal something big here also.

Still does not put Tendulkar in the dock' date=' does it? Fact remains that he didn't. Government didn't ask him to. And yet the due tax amount was paid.[/quote'] You first said that: When I pointed out that he did take delivery of the said vehicle after requesting that duty be waived and being granted by the government, you are saying that he is not in the dock??? Explain how?? It took the Delhi High Court to intervene and finally Fiat decided to take the hit on behalf of their brand ambassador. So, it is very clear that Tendulkar finds it very convenient to use his clout for financial gains even if that comes at the cost of the national exchequer. When Dravid was asked recently if he agreed with some of his team-mates on their views about Chappell, he categorically stated that he had good relations with all coaches he has worked with. So now, why don't you just get back to the point and explain to me how Chappell was going to "control Indian cricket for years" by replacing Dravid (who had good relations with him) with Mr Tendulkar (who viewed him extremely unfavorably). Match-fixing was the biggest controversy cricket has seen in the last 30 years. He was right in the middle of it and had at least two team-mates who he captained as well as was captained by, who were found guilty of indulging in match-fixing. Does he not care enough to write about this extremely dark episode in Indian cricket? I have to add - clearly I can see that you are not thinking objectively. For you, it appears that Sachin's words are like the Ten Commandments. Many other posters here are pointing out to you that he is not this "holier than thou" figure that he wants everyone to believe he is. But, I don't expect that you will change your views despite many posters having pointed out evidence to the contrary. So, you can continue to worship him.
You first said that: When I pointed out that he did take delivery of the said vehicle after requesting that duty be waived and being granted by the government, you are saying that he is not in the dock??? Explain how?? It took the Delhi High Court to intervene and finally Fiat decided to take the hit on behalf of their brand ambassador.
So, it is very clear that Tendulkar finds it very convenient to use his clout for financial gains even if that comes at the cost of the national exchequer.
Oh yeah, the guy who routinely topped list of highest tax payers among sportsmen wanted to use his clout to evade tax. Give me a break dude. http://www.dnaindia.com/money/report-sachin-tendulkar-highest-tax-paying-sportsperson-in-india-1332995 When Dravid was asked recently if he agreed with some of his team-mates on their views about Chappell, he categorically stated that he had good relations with all coaches he has worked with. So now, why don't you just get back to the point and explain to me how Chappell was going to "control Indian cricket for years" by replacing Dravid (who had good relations with him) with Mr Tendulkar (who viewed him extremely unfavorably).
Match-fixing was the biggest controversy cricket has seen in the last 30 years. He was right in the middle of it and had at least two team-mates who he captained as well as was captained by, who were found guilty of indulging in match-fixing. Does he not care enough to write about this extremely dark episode in Indian cricket?
He ackowledges the issue and expresses his pain and agony at it. Read the book. But there is nothing more to do on that topic. You are expecting cheap kitchen gossip from him which obviously he is not willing to indulge in.
I have to add - clearly I can see that you are not thinking objectively. For you, it appears that Sachin's words are like the Ten Commandments. Many other posters here are pointing out to you that he is not this "holier than thou" figure that he wants everyone to believe he is. But, I don't expect that you will change your views despite many posters having pointed out evidence to the contrary. So, you can continue to worship him.
Read my review of his book elsewhere in this thread. I am a fan of Tendulkar of course, but I don't have blind adulation or hate towards him. It seems you are suffering from irrational hate towards him. You are amplifying extremely minor things and blowing them out of proportion to justify those without considering the heavy weight of evidence to the contrary. I don't need to justify him. His body of work justifies him. I can be wrong. But a billion over two and a half decades can't be consistently wrong dude. During those two and half decades, Congress was reduced from being a two thirds majority party to double digits. While Tendulkar rose from India's greatest prodigy to India's greatest sportsman. I think that is enough validation. See theoretically in your world he might be a wretched figure, and for good reasons. But in today's Indian society, he is a hero, and being a social animal, I subscribe to it with reasons that my society validate. NB - At least I didn't have the dire need to defend someone like Chappell just to take out hate against TEndulkar. :giggle:
The book is available on torrents if anyone wants. I've downloaded the ebook but I'll wait for the hardcover to come (ordered from Amazon and now they are saying delivery is delayed till 14th :mad: ) because its been a really, really long time since I read a hardcover book (been reading only ebooks for the last 3-4 years). As for people saying its boring - I expected that. He's never been into big controversies while playing so I didn't think he would reveal something big here also.
Kindle or just Laptop? Some patience to read ebooks Should have ordered via flipkart.I only ordered yesterday and their delivery date is monday
Kindle or just Laptop? Some patience to read ebooks Should have ordered via flipkart.I only ordered yesterday and their delivery date is monday
Kindle. Its so much easier than hardcover/paperback books. Yeah....I pre ordered before Diwali and was supposed to get on 8th but I guess demand is so high that it got delayed. Now I'll wait - I'm anyway reading an extremely good book which is around 1300 pages long so it will take 3-4 days (the third and final part of Winston Churchill's biography written by James Manchester).
Anjali later told me that she too had initially felt self-conscious informing my parents that their son wanted to get engaged to her. But my parents knew me well enough to realize why she had ended up being the one to speak to them about it and all they wanted to know was if we both felt the same way about the engagement. They were in fact delighted with the decision. The same thing happened a year later, when it was Anjali who spoke to both families about our wedding plans. She has far better social skills than I do and I was once again relieved to see her take on the rather difficult task. I have no hesitation in acknowledging that she did a commendable job!
:hysterical: He didn't have guts to talk to his own parents about engagement/marriage that Anjali had to do so.
Oh yeah, the guy who routinely topped list of highest tax payers among sportsmen wanted to use his clout to evade tax. Give me a break dude. http://www.dnaindia.com/money/report-sachin-tendulkar-highest-tax-paying-sportsperson-in-india-1332995
That is the most ridiculous piece of argument I have heard. So, he earns lots of money, naturally ends up paying more tax. Does that mean we should exempt him any additional duty that is due??? Wow, great argument!
When Dravid was asked recently if he agreed with some of his team-mates on their views about Chappell, he categorically stated that he had good relations with all coaches he has worked with. So now, why don't you just get back to the point and explain to me how Chappell was going to "control Indian cricket for years" by replacing Dravid (who had good relations with him) with Mr Tendulkar (who viewed him extremely unfavorably). He ackowledges the issue and expresses his pain and agony at it. Read the book. But there is nothing more to do on that topic. You are expecting cheap kitchen gossip from him which obviously he is not willing to indulge in. Read my review of his book elsewhere in this thread. I am a fan of Tendulkar of course, but I don't have blind adulation or hate towards him. It seems you are suffering from irrational hate towards him. You are amplifying extremely minor things and blowing them out of proportion to justify those without considering the heavy weight of evidence to the contrary. I don't need to justify him. His body of work justifies him. I can be wrong. But a billion over two and a half decades can't be consistently wrong dude. During those two and half decades, Congress was reduced from being a two thirds majority party to double digits. While Tendulkar rose from India's greatest prodigy to India's greatest sportsman. I think that is enough validation. See theoretically in your world he might be a wretched figure, and for good reasons. But in today's Indian society, he is a hero, and being a social animal, I subscribe to it with reasons that my society validate. NB - At least I didn't have the dire need to defend someone like Chappell just to take out hate against TEndulkar. :giggle:
You haven't still explained to me how Chappell was going to control Indian cricket for years by replacing a person like Dravid who had a good relation with him with someone like Sachin who had an unfavorable view of Chappell???? Now, do you have an explanation or not? And just for the record, no, I do not hate him. He has achieved a tremendous amount in a sport that Indians follow very closely and passionately. But I also do not subscribe to the "holier than thou" image that his legion of followers have created of him. And I do not treat him as God. And while you are saying that you do not have blind adulation for him and that I am amplifying minor incidents, did you at least acknowledge after I showed you evidence that he tried to dodge a duty??? So, your actions do not match your words.
:hysterical: He didn't have guts to talk to his own parents about engagement/marriage that Anjali had to do so.
:hysterical::hysterical:
He was just 22 then' date=' and that was 1990s. What's so laughable in that?[/quote'] dude . at 22 he sachin was immensely successful in his life.. he shld be confident enough to deal these
For example, every time Ben Hilfenhaus, the Australian fast bowler, held an old ball cross-seam, I knew he would bowl a bouncer – and I would be prepared for it. This strategy came in handy during the India–Australia series in India in 2010, when I managed to score a double hundred in Bangalore. Similarly, I noticed that the Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar would swing his bowling arm twice before he delivered his effort ball as he tried to generate more pace into the delivery. Again, I would be prepared for it.
:hatsoff:
That was the pits!!!...seriously.....letting your girl friend not only deal with her parents but also his own. Not having the spine to talk to his own parents is just so sad. The son of the house cannot deal with his own parents ...but expects a stranger to have the guts to deal with his parents. What a fattu!!!
The book is boring as feck! A complete waste of a few hours. Offers very little insight into the kind of things that interest me in a cricketer's autobiography - the background of key cricketing challenges they were a part of. This book is partly mohalla gossip and partly a running through of scorecards which can be looked up on cricinfo. Contrast this work with Steve Waugh's autobiography to see what I am saying. Highly avoidable.
Waugh's is probably the best among cricketers AB.