Hockey: India Stun World Champions Australia for Historic Test Series Win

Cricket_Hacker

India won 3-1 in Australia test series :isalute: Now gear up cricket team :dance:

India beat Australia in the fourth and final hockey Test to clinch the series 3-1. They could not lose the series as they had already won 2 games in the four-match series. After losing the first game, India came back to win three games on the trot to seal one of their most memorable moments in the game. The visitors had been thrashed 4-0 in the first game. The road to recovery was swift as they won the next three games 2-1, 1-0 and 3-1 respectively.

This is such big news and nobody's talking about it
:omg: I just reread OP and cannot believe this is real:WTF: I read news of 4-0 while ago in first test and thought not too bad just Aussies are too tough for anyone... I cannot believe they won 3 in a row when no team was able to win one against Aus...where did this come from? This makes us the best team in world Hockey to beat Aus in Aus Amazing stuff. :omg:

Saw this news today. the team is back in India today. Great performance. Aus. Germany and Netherlands have been the strongest 3 teams as we know.
Aus are well ahead of Germany and Holland in recent times. They thrashed Holland in World Cup. btw all 4 games in full are on Hockey Australia youtube channel if anyone's interested :nice: Im not gonna watch that though too long :((

aus didnt play their best team,the same aus thrashed us for the whole year(forget a year,this whole decade!) but surely this is a good achievement considering this was at their den and they fielded some A team players. i remember india defeated nzl 3-1 in a 5 match series back in 2009,so down under conquered!!

all in' date='its been a great year for india.finished 9th in wc(very harsh,got undone by last minutegoals against belgium and england),finished 2nd in cwg,won gold at the asian games and now defeating australia :nice:[/quote'] All thanks to the IPL :hail: IPL created the idea for Hockey IPL. Hockey IPL meant more money compared to before for Hockey players and more incentive to play. Hockey IPL meant Indian team slowly getting stronger and stronger. :nice:

Aus are well ahead of Germany and Holland in recent times. They thrashed Holland in World Cup.
Right. Aus. have been the strongest. India won Asian games gold, beat Australia in a series which is much bigger achievement I suppose. Good times for hockey. the results have been coming lately, not sure what has changed though.

Aus are well ahead of Germany and Holland in recent times. They thrashed Holland in World Cup. btw all 4 games in full are on Hockey Australia youtube channel if anyone's interested :nice: Im not gonna watch that though too long :((
Thanks for the info .Watching the 3rd match Did they telecast live as well? Was searching for telecast on TV but no telecast .Could only follow online