Hilarious and pathetic quotes by our politicians

Khalpat

Guj. CM Anandi Ben in Mumbai for promoting investing in her state - There are too many bottlenecks in Mumbai and half your time goes in traffic, so come and invest in neighboring guj.
What is wrong about it? I am originally from Mumbai and both those points are true. Any state leader wants more investment in their own state (unless the leader's name is Mamata Bannerjee).

What is wrong about it? I am originally from Mumbai and both those points are true.Any state leader wants more investment in their own state (unless the leader's name is Mamata Bannerjee).
They make a pitch for investment by presenting positives of their state, and do not highlight shortcomings of other state, that too while standing in that state(unless they are selfish regionalists)

They make a pitch for investment by presenting positives of their state' date=' and do not highlight shortcomings of other state, that too while standing in that state(unless they are selfish regionalists)[/quote'] I still don't see anything wrong in her statement. Bottlenecks, traffic, etc. is very true about the roads in Mumbai. Infrastructure in Mumbai has not been able to meet the huge surge in population and affordability of vehicles. Metro project did not take off for the longest time and we were made to believe that Metro rail was not possible for Mumbai because of the soil for many decades. What she said was constructive criticism and a challenge for the current government of Maharashtra to act upon. And this is coming from somebody who was born and brought up in Mumbai and I am not even a Gujju.

I still don't see anything wrong in her statement. Bottlenecks, traffic, etc. is very true about the roads in Mumbai. Infrastructure in Mumbai has not been able to meet the huge surge in population and affordability of vehicles. Metro project did not take off for the longest time and we were made to believe that Metro rail was not possible for Mumbai because of the soil for many decades. What she said was constructive criticism and a challenge for the current government of Maharashtra to act upon. And this is coming from somebody who was born and brought up in Mumbai and I am not even a Gujju.
Understand what you are saying but such comments can be twisted by raj Thackeray and nitesh rane type goons.

I still don't see anything wrong in her statement. Bottlenecks, traffic, etc. is very true about the roads in Mumbai. Infrastructure in Mumbai has not been able to meet the huge surge in population and affordability of vehicles. Metro project did not take off for the longest time and we were made to believe that Metro rail was not possible for Mumbai because of the soil for many decades. What she said was constructive criticism and a challenge for the current government of Maharashtra to act upon. And this is coming from somebody who was born and brought up in Mumbai and I am not even a Gujju.
how exactly is it constructive when Mumbai loses out on the said investment? Thats an actual loss. Effectively weakens the mumbai economy. You talk about a surge in population in the city. hmm i am guessing the solution to that is not in mumbai. Its not as if mumbai has barriers to entry like a Shanghai. I can understand if she was invited to mumbai and then she told mumbai what to do. That would be constructive. Even i can say what she is saying. You dont need to be expert to know infra in mumbai is lacking. For the record, one of the biggest barriers to the mumbai metro project was PILs filed by local residents. The solution was to do underground but it would cost 3 times as much. Central government was not forthcoming with the funds. Even now have a look at how closely the current metro line is to actual people's houses. The ironic part is one of the biggest barriers to mumbai metro 1 was Gujarati shopkeepers not ready to accept compensation for losing their storefronts originally along Ghatkopar suburban station...... I personally have no issues with Gujarati people. I support Modi for eg. But lets not randomly quote the sons of the soil policy. When the sena were in power from 1995-1999 Mumbai saw 51 flyovers constructed. This was spearheaded by Raj T who at the time was in the sena.

and as far as mumbai goes the big problem is that the ncp-congress had their political base in rural areas and Pune If anything it makes sense to seperate mumbai from maharashtra or even split maharashtra into three different states. As things currently stand the needs to mumbai and rural maharashtra are different. So i am in favour of smaller states.

Guj. CM Anandi Ben in Mumbai for promoting investing in her state - There are too many bottlenecks in Mumbai and half your time goes in traffic, so come and invest in neighboring guj.
:hysterical: Not Ben's statement but you posting it in this thread. AAPologists talking about moral high ground is like a prostitute talking about benefits of chastity. Coming from people who were bleating (and continue to) how underdeveloped Gujarat is.

how exactly is it constructive when Mumbai loses out on the said investment? Thats an actual loss. Effectively weakens the mumbai economy. You talk about a surge in population in the city. hmm i am guessing the solution to that is not in mumbai. Its not as if mumbai has barriers to entry like a Shanghai. I can understand if she was invited to mumbai and then she told mumbai what to do. That would be constructive. Even i can say what she is saying. You dont need to be expert to know infra in mumbai is lacking. For the record, one of the biggest barriers to the mumbai metro project was PILs filed by local residents. The solution was to do underground but it would cost 3 times as much. Central government was not forthcoming with the funds. Even now have a look at how closely the current metro line is to actual people's houses. The ironic part is one of the biggest barriers to mumbai metro 1 was Gujarati shopkeepers not ready to accept compensation for losing their storefronts originally along Ghatkopar suburban station...... I personally have no issues with Gujarati people. I support Modi for eg. But lets not randomly quote the sons of the soil policy. When the sena were in power from 1995-1999 Mumbai saw 51 flyovers constructed. This was spearheaded by Raj T who at the time was in the sena.
It is a competitive world and if you cannot maintain a certain standard, then you are going to lose out to your competitors. Mumbai today is definitely the hub of India's commercial activities. And Calcutta held that distinction some decades ago. But, we have seen how downhill that place has gone. I read somewhere that WB contributed to a quarter of India's industrial output in 1950. In 2000, it only contributed 7%. Even earlier when the Tatas had problems setting up their car manufacturing plant in WB, they were lured to Gujarat by Modi. I don't see anything wrong in that either. I would much rather have states developing their infrastructure and competing for business rather than begging for "special packages" from the center. As for the surge in population, yes there is no barrier. Hence, it is imperative for the state government to improve infrastructure at a rapid pace to catch up with the increased needs. I agree that many good initiatives were started by the Sena-BJP government of 95-99, but the following Cong-NCP governments have not been able to keep that pace going and several projects experienced ridiculously long delays.

Rupee remark leaves ex-Uttarakhand CM Pokhriyal red-faced http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Rupee-remark-leaves-ex-Uttarakhand-CM-Pokhriyal-red-faced/articleshow/45466693.cms

NEW DELHI: Haridwar MP and former Uttarakhand CM Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, who recently waded into controversy by claiming that sci ence was a pygmy in front of astrology, had an embarrassing moment in LS on Wednesday. He claimed that after NDA government came to power, rupee against dollar rose from 52 to 63. It meant that rupee actually had a free fall during NDA, not a point that Pokhriyal wanted to make.
I am sure our incumbent party will put Kapil Sharma out of business very soon..:hehe:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: This happens when chatukarita takes over all your IQ. Idiot.
I am sure our incumbent party will put Kapil Sharma out of business very soon..:hehe:
SP, BSP, RJD, JDU, Congress have already put Kapil Sharma behind. Now its turn of BJP to take it to the global level.

Madhya Pradesh: The world feted child right's crusader Kailash Satyarthi as he received the Nobel Peace Prize in Norway's Oslo, but in his home state Madhya Pradesh, a minister collected the plaudits. Many lawmakers in the BJP-ruled state thought industry minister Kailash Vijayavarghiya had won the global award for "his humanitarian work." In the Madhya Pradesh Assembly, BJP lawmakers congratulated Mr Vijayavarghiya warmly. Those from the Opposition alleged that the BJP, because it rules both in the state and at the Centre, had swung the award for Mr Vijayavarghiya. The minister was not fazed or embarrassed at the case of mistaken identity. He explained that the confusion was caused by the fact that he is more well known in the state than the Nobel laureate. Mr Satyarthi, 50, is from Vidisha in Madhya Pradesh. Kailash Satyarthi shares this year's peace prize with Pakistan's Malala Yousafzai. They jointly received the award at a ceremony in Oslo on Wednesday.
Many lawmakers in the BJP-ruled state thought industry minister Kailash Vijayavarghiya had won the global award for "his humanitarian work." In the Madhya Pradesh Assembly, BJP lawmakers congratulated Mr Vijayavarghiya warmly.
Ye aaye ek chu***e
Those from the Opposition alleged that the BJP, because it rules both in the state and at the Centre, had swung the award for Mr Vijayavarghiya.
Ye aur bhi bade waale. Ek ullu kaafi hai barbade gulistan karne ko, HAr shakh pe ullu bathe hain anzame gulistan kya hoga.

Rupee remark leaves ex-Uttarakhand CM Pokhriyal red-faced http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Rupee-remark-leaves-ex-Uttarakhand-CM-Pokhriyal-red-faced/articleshow/45466693.cms I am sure our incumbent party will put Kapil Sharma out of business very soon..:hehe:
Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank is the one of most corrupt political leaders in Uttarakhand. He along with some other corrupt MLAs conspired against the then CM Major General Bhuvan Chandra Khanduri who is considered to be strict and honest and was not letting these people milking the state resources. Nishank became CM after all this ended in BC Khanduri's resignation.