Dhoni has retired from Test Cricket with immediate effect

Gambit

So Dhoni pulled a Afridi here, quitting in the middle of tour, If he was not really into tests anymore he should have quit before the tour started, how can he quit the team after losing the series. That said he is the greatest WK India ever produced , Greatest captain as many sites are saying, I don't think so, he was timid even when he had strong teams.

So Dhoni pulled a Afridi here, quitting in the middle of tour, If he was not really into tests anymore he should have quit before the tour started, how can he quit the team after losing the series. That said he is the greatest WK India ever produced Greatest captain as many sites are saying, I don't think so, he was timid even when he had strong teams.
Kohli was coming of a bad series in England.Only now Kohli has shown both form and captaincy

Good good Worst legacy ever he will have. He will be remembered as the worst captain of India with a terrible record. As a player he had a very good batting avaerage for the technique he had mainly because of his mental toughness he again showed today. Respect to Dhoni the test keeper/bat. Better record than others and very tough mentally. :nice:

Kohli was coming of a bad series in England.Only now Kohli has shown both form and captaincy
So what any player can have bad series, Kohli had his , the problem with dhobi was he survived as captain because every contender for captaincy was failing so far and not because he was great captain or played great as a captain. This series showed how poor test batsman he really is, it is unfathomable that this guy was captain for so long.
Yes....but if it wasn't seen as a below the belt statement then, how can it be a below the belt statement now? Also, I didnt say that he retired because of that - I questioned whether the report might have anything to do with the retirement....
It was below the belt because you insinuated a kaanspiracy theory the day he retired. There have been 1000s of them floating all around but may be one day you could've spared him. I don't care much about what you said, I'm trying to answer this from a Dhoni fan perspective. Also, you did it so I do it too isn't really a good argument. Essentially, you are telling me that there's no difference between you and others who abused Tendulkar.
So what any player can have bad series, Kohli had his , the problem with dhobi was he survived as captain because every contender for captaincy was failing so far and not because he was great captain or played great as a captain.
Yeah... So what? Nobody disagrees... You would want to wait till you find the best alternative and hand it over when he is in a good frame of mind / fairly good form.... Imagine what people were asking for earlier... 1. Dhoni should hand over captaincy to Gambhir : My foot... We would still have pokeman playing in the XI, with Murali Vijay playing in Ranji hoping to get a Test spot 2. Kohli captaining in England : He was in pathetic form then, hoping to score double figures each innings.. Would surely not have been in the right frame of mind for captaincy
Yeah... So what? Nobody disagrees... You would want to wait till you find the best alternative and hand it over when he is in a good frame of mind / fairly good form.... Imagine what people were asking for earlier... 1. Dhoni should hand over captaincy to Gambhir : My foot... We would still have pokeman on top, with Murali Vijay playing in Ranji hoping to get a Test spot 2. Kohli captaining in England : He was in pathetic form then, trying to score double figures each innings.. Would surely not have been in the right frame of mind for captaincy
+1