Dhoni has retired from Test Cricket with immediate effect

Gambit

Kohli wasn't even sure of his place when the series ? Dhoni probably would have retired from this series if Kohli had a decent series in England. After the the horror series Kohli and Pujara had his only option was to continue till this series
How can an uninspired Captain lead the team to victory any which way.. seems far fetched. Unless someone has really requested/pleaded/goaded/threatened him to continue..Dhoni has not done himself any favor here at all
Yeah... So what? Nobody disagrees... You would want to wait till you find the best alternative and hand it over when he is in a good frame of mind / fairly good form.... Imagine what people were asking for earlier... 1. Dhoni should hand over captaincy to Gambhir : My foot... We would still have pokeman playing in the XI, with Murali Vijay playing in Ranji hoping to get a Test spot 2. Kohli captaining in England : He was in pathetic form then, hoping to score double figures each innings.. Would surely not have been in the right frame of mind for captaincy
Kohli renewed form is due to his captaincy don't forget he was the captain for the first test. If Dhobi quit after Lords tests who knows captaincy would have made Kohli score 100s there also. Captaincy is not some family business where in father or elders wait for their kids to mature to hand over the reigns of the business. Dhoni was atrocious both as a captain and player in 0-8 fiasco, he should have gone then only.
And no one gives a **** about your retarded opinion because from what I know you haven't watched any test in last year.
I said he is a bad overseas batsman - he averages 19 in Aus, 37 in England, 28 in South Africa and 22 in West Indies (averages 54 in New Zealand) and has made no hundreds outside Asia. Now tell me I was wrong in saying that he was not a good batsman overseas... I said the team lost very badly under his captaincy - you only need to look at India's test record in the last 4-5 years to see that I am right. So its not as if I have said anything wrong about him. Also, you said you didn't expect that post from me and I gave you the reasons why I said that but you still abused :nice:
Kohli regained form due to a flat Adelaide pitch' date=' not due to captaincy... He also got a 160 in MCG... Was that because he knew he was going to be captain?[/quote'] So your theory is Kohli can score only on flat pitches, if the pitch was so flat what happened to all other Indian batsmen not named Rahane, Vijay and Kohli. If the pitches was so flat how did Indian team lose 7 wickets in Adelaide to lose that match and also in this match it was 403/3 to 465 all out and 175/6. Give the man some credit, he is much better than that,