Dhoni has retired from Test Cricket with immediate effect

Gambit

Despite me abusing him all day' date=' most of us did want him to walk mid series too, at time including you. And now when he does...nevermind.[/quote'] I never wanted him to walk mid series.. I wanted him to take either full ownership of the team and also the results. Yes, I did wanted him to quit test cricket, but not in a cunning way, mid-series, avoiding further damning captaincy record, and leaving the the team to fend for itself...
I never wanted him to walk mid series.. I wanted him to take either full ownership of the team and also the results. Yes' date=' I did wanted him to quit test cricket, but not in a cunning way, mid-series, avoiding further damning captaincy record, and leaving the the team to fend for itself...[/quote'] Sometimes you just 'know' when the time is right. Damien Martyn did the same thing for us. Yes he wasn't captain but he left mid series. If Dhoni has got the most out of himself in test cricket and he doesn't feel he can contribute then it is time. As it is, India have a potentially very good captain in Virat Kholi.:hatsoff:
Sometimes you just 'know' when the time is right. Damien Martyn did the same thing for us. Yes he wasn't captain but he left mid series. If Dhoni has got the most out of himself in test cricket and he doesn't feel he can contribute then it is time. As it is' date=' India have a potentially very good captain in Virat Kholi.:hatsoff:[/quote'] Kohli isn't very good. I don't like his tactis in Tests either. Wanted someone like Pujara but he's been awful lately. Anyhow, a new captain finally is more than I can ask.
Kohli isn't very good. I don't like his tactis in Tests either. Wanted someone like Pujara but he's been awful lately. Anyhow' date=' a new captain finally is more than I can ask.[/quote'] I said the same thing about Clarke- thought he was way too brash (or aggressive) domestically. Kholi has potential but he needs a good vice captain that Clarke got (Haddin). I would say that Rahane fits that bill the most although he is hardly experienced. Really you need someone who has performed over seas. It is a given a batsman will score runs at home.
As long as he doesnt shout/abuse his own players I'll be happy.And keep himself away from slips
Its not just that. He has no patience for Test cricket. Hope he learns but some of his field set and tactics were bizzare in the 1st Test. You just can't look for wickets every ball, something Dhoni had started doing
I said the same thing about Clarke- thought he was way too brash (or aggressive) domestically. Kholi has potential but he needs a good vice captain that Clarke got (Haddin). I would say that Rahane fits that bill the most although he is hardly experienced. Really you need someone who has performed over seas. It is a given a batsman will score runs at home.
Clarke, Baz knows when to attack and how to attack. He might do well as he matures but who's there to guide him? Will be an interesting team under him.
Kohli is exactly what this Indian team needs, this team needs to be brash and willing to express themselves on and off the field. Kohli knows very well his brashness or antics would amount for nothing if he does not perform on the field.
One thing I liked about him (in ODIs too) he doesn't usually let the game drift away when we are in a good position. Not complacent like Dhoni which is awesome

His timing is pretty unusual tbh.ideally should have retired after the Sydney test and would have got a decent farewell.should have announced his retirement before the series. Though credit to him to not stay Any more longer, many players would have targeted that 100 test landmark

Clarke' date=' Baz knows when to attack and how to attack. He might do well as he matures but who's there to guide him? Will be an interesting team under him.[/quote'] Have to say I was lucky to meet Rahane in Melbourne just before the test and he seemed like a leader to me. Maybe not as a captain, but as a vice captain maybe. Alternatively back Pujara and tell him to pull his finger out and get better overseas.