Dhoni has retired from Test Cricket with immediate effect

Gambit

He used to talk about process while the team was being beaten again and again and was even talking about it while being whitewashed :hehe:
He never used that term IIRC with senior team where some people overstayed for personal milestones.With young team it is indeed a process and you expect results only when they have enough experience.We werent whitewashed with them anyway anyway why repeat it now :giggle:
He never used that term IIRC with senior team where some people overstayed for personal milestones.With young team it is indeed a process and you expect results only when they have enough experience.We werent whitewashed with them anyway anyway why repeat it now :giggle:
Do you really think SRT played in Eng and AUS 2011 for that??? He was still our best bat if you combine both series together. Individually might have been Dravid and Kohli but SRT still did well and no way did he suck in those tours

Now I can watch test matches without compromising on my patriotism. I was so put off by this guy that I had almost stopped watching cricket. Of course retirement of Sachin, Dravid, Laxman didn't help either. It was very evident with the number (or lack) of my posts in cricket talk sections. Now I hope to come back to cricket.

Do you really think SRT played in Eng and AUS 2011 for that??? He was still our best bat if you combine both series together. Individually might have been Dravid and Kohli but SRT still did well and no way did he suck in those tours
Ofcourse there's no point of senior player playing home games for so long unless you are sure of touring again.I thought he was gonna go to SA but he retired right before that.Odd decision
Man then your definition of s**** is totally different. Sachin stunk after world cup till he retired I don't think there is any other way to put it. Dhobi was best bat after Vijay in England , what does it mean in big picture, the whole team stunk being best or second best means nothing. Neither of them were scored anything substantial.
Man then your definition of s**** is totally different. Sachin stunk after world cup till he retired I don't think there is any other way to put it. Dhobi was best bat after Vijay in England , what does it mean in big picture, the whole team stunk being best or second best means nothing. Neither of them were scored anything substantial.
May be...I am not saying he set the world on fire.....As I have acknowledged many times....2011 WC should have been the end of Sachin the ODI player but we didn't want him to retire from tests yet.....I am just responding to Lord's post that he hung around for personal milestones-in ODI's yes....in Tests-No,he was expected to play a little longer
Lol to even think he is in the same league as Dravid or Sachin. Anyways Smart guy,walked away to save face rather than being kicked out :two_thumbs_up: Still miss Dhoni the player though
No one would have kicked him out. He could have carried on but you gotta respect him for letting it go knowing nobody could have challenged him for captaincy.
Now I can watch test matches without compromising on my patriotism. I was so put off by this guy that I had almost stopped watching cricket. Of course retirement of Sachin, Dravid, Laxman didn't help either. It was very evident with the number (or lack) of my posts in cricket talk sections. Now I hope to come back to cricket.
not much different for you when you watched sachin playing .. you wanted india to lose bcoz of dhoni and wanted sachin to do well even if leads to our defeat :giggle: