Yuvraj likely to replace Ravindra Jadeja in WC squad

bowl_out

I am not quite sure, if most of you understand this well.....for winning big matches, you need players with not just good technique but also someone having balls..... You need someone like Ponting, Gilchrist, kohli, Dhoni, Ghambir....etc... Again, i m not talking about technique but attitude.....who are not overwhelmed by the big occasion and out-perform..... and yuvraj is right there on the top when you r talking about big matches.... Most of the current players are chickens.... Rohit ....Brain stops working on big occasion Dhawan ..... He shows off a lot more than he is .... all that curling his mustache is just show off.. Kohli .... he is right up there with the best under pressure situations Rahane / Rayudu .... Total chickens Dhoni / Yuvraj .... out-perform during big matches

Great great news. People who saying "NO" does not understand cricket much. Yuvraj Singh is a big match player. He was struggling for form going into the 2011 WC as well. Then he goes on to become the MoS. Yes his T'20 WC struggle was one off and I think people must forgive that.
Selecting someone based on past laurels will always backfire big time. It doesnt make any difference what he did in 2003 or 2011. Nobody is denying he was a great ODI player but I think he is past it. If they were serious about selecting him for WC, why didnt they select him for tri series and make him play in those conditions and see how he does there ? Lacking foresight and planning. The last time I saw him play, he looked completely out of sorts in England ODI series, Aus ODI series and they were in Indian conditions. He played a couple of ODIs in SA where he looked like a tailender. The less said about World T20 the better.

He wont be selected. He's a liability on the field compared to the younger batch India has at the moment. His bowling isn't that great to warrant automatic selection and his batting in International cricket has'nt been great. The domestic scores is a good sign but its too early for another chance. Once Dhoni retires from limited overs cricket Kohli will get Yuvi back into the team.

Selecting someone based on past laurels will always backfire big time. It doesnt make any difference what he did in 2003 or 2011. Nobody is denying he was a great ODI player but I think he is past it. If they were serious about selecting him for WC, why didnt they select him for tri series and make him play in those conditions and see how he does there ? Lacking foresight and planning. The last time I saw him play, he looked completely out of sorts in England ODI series, Aus ODI series and they were in Indian conditions. He played a couple of ODIs in SA where he looked like a tailender. The less said about World T20 the better.
Great post . People need to realise that even before recent world t20 he smashed 100s against West Indies a and even in world t20 had one good inning but he is just not good enough anymore to compete at highest level ..
I agree with your post as per his recent ODi form before his exit...... But now, he got 3 back to back centuries ..... Players some times goes out of form..... that doesn't mean they have lost it for ever.....how you can be so sure that he is not back to his best......only way we could know that by playing him in the ongoing ozzie series... Ganguly looked pathetic for almost 3 years but he came back strongly in 2004 ozzie series ...
I agree with your post as per his recent ODi form before his exit...... But now' date= he got 3 back to back centuries ..... Players some times goes out of form..... that doesn't mean they have lost it for ever.....how you can be so sure that he is not back to his best......only way we could know that by playing him in the ongoing ozzie series... Ganguly looked pathetic for almost 3 years but he came back strongly in 2004 ozzie series ...
On Indian roads against domestic trundlers. It doesnt mean anything. He was scoring these centuries even before he was recalled and then did nothing in international cricket. If they are even encouraging the slightest thought of recalling him for WC, they should fly him to Australia right away and play him in tri series and take a call based on his performance. Otherwise, bringing him back right into World Cup after what would be a big gap in international cricket and that too based on some centuries on patta wickets at home against domestic bowlers is a recipe for disaster.
you will take recent non performers like yuvraj or good for nothing binny over Rayudu who avg 45 over the past 1 year
who will complete 5th bowler's quota then? Dhawan/rayudu/kohli cant bowl 5 overs together without leaking runs raina/rohit can manage 5 overs together.. or do you want ashwin in the side who will bowl the 10 overs, but pretty much a defensive ODI player with low average?

People think it'll be the same UV who turned out for 2011 World cup. Back then he was out of form. Now he isn't just out of form but clearly past it. He even got exposed in IPL where he faced international class bowlers. Smashing Ranji trundlers doesn't mean he is going to be the same old UV again. Even a well past batsman like Veeru smashed a ton in his last game in Ranji.

People think it'll be the same UV who turned out for 2011 World cup. Back then he was out of form. Now he isn't just out of form but clearly past it. He even got exposed in IPL where he faced international class bowlers. Smashing Ranji trundlers doesn't mean he is going to be the same old UV again. Even a well past batsman like Veeru smashed a ton in his last game in Ranji.
Good point. Yuvi can at best have 1 great game out of 10. Sad to say it but he is done. To not further ruin his legacy, it is better he remains unselected and fans wonder "what if". We don't want another T20 WC like disaster.