Delhi Assembly Elections 2015 Thread  

1. 1.

• BJP
    • AAP
    • Congress
    • AAP + Congress
    • BJP + AAP
    • President's Rule

Why did BJP go with her, even if they wanted her then they should have declared her after the election. Win or lose, this isnt going to help BJP 4ARxxWWox38
Kiran Bedi could help BJP significantly increase women vote share.
This is the exact reason why bedi has been appointed.I have said this before and will say it again that the women vote will decide for a lot this time and I bet their will be a record voter turnout this time. Had bjp not appointed bedi,kejrwial would have been the run away winner hands down

This is the exact reason why bedi has been appointed.I have said this before and will say it again that the women vote will decide for a lot this time and I bet their will be a record voter turnout this time. Had bjp not appointed bedi,kejrwial would have been the run away winner hands down
whats your estimate on the voter turnout?

Exactly. The AAP is an urban Naxalism party. In their 49 days' date=' they threatened to jail the media questioning them. Remember, they tried to disturb our republic day celebrations and harm our national security. This party lacks any respect for the opponents, institutions and our democratic system.[b'] It will destroy the general public everyday life again with their naukanki.
Will also bankrupt Delhi, if their manifesto is anything to go by. This is a prestige issue for BJP now. NDA has given a massive :finger: to the Delhi-based media ever since coming to power. No more freebies to the editors and reporters. You want to cover Modi's foreign trips? Spend your own money. This was not the norm under Sonia Raj. BJP & Shah need to pull off a 2/3rd majority to truly win this election for three reasons: (i) It will be a thunderous slap on the faces of the Delhi-based media. Shah will have pulled off a masterstroke, despite of the biased media coverage against BJP. Basically another massive :finger: to the MSM. News traders and their opinions will get the message that their opinions don't matter anymore. No wonder the BJP has relied on the cavalry (how many hundred MPs?) in this election. Don't know about you, but I want to see a butt-hurt, red faced Rajdeep Sardesai on 10th Feb. (ii) Politics isn't only about winning and coming to power. It can also be used as a deterrent. If BJP don't get 2/3rd majority, AAP-Con will be able to deter their functioning in the assembly. Now, it would not be the end of the world if BJP got only a simple majority in Delhi, as the GoI holds a fair amount of administrative powers in Delh. But then again, izzat ka mamla hai. (iii) However, BJP losing Delhi could serve as a springboard for the Secular parties in Bihar, UP and K'taka. Maybe even their WB campaign might get slightly derailed. Media will be on smug overdrive. There could be a dangerous knock-on effect.

Karnataka is way down the road Jalebi bhai. For Bihar i doubt the TV media will have that much as an impact in a caste based society. What % of Bihar even have a television let alone cable television? I feel the Bihar media will be fought on local hindi newspapers. Its doing to be a tough fight for the BJP regardless of what happens in Delhi. I can say Lalu + Nitish+ Congress can get 40% plus of the vote. or have the potential.

Karnataka is way down the road Jalebi bhai.
Karnataka's BJP unit is currently no better than Delhi. They are still reliant on Yeddyurappa as their chief Lingayat vote winner :facepalm:. I'm not even aware who their Vokkaliga vote winner is. (paging Mr.bulbul). There is a bit of a leadership crisis in Karnataka's BJP unit. I don't want a repeat of Delhi in 2018.
For Bihar i doubt the TV media will have that much as an impact in a caste based society. What % of Bihar even have a television let alone cable television? I feel the Bihar media will be fought on local hindi newspapers.
I'm talking about the morale boost for the secular parties from BJP losing (not necessarily AAP winning). Don't need any of that.
Its doing to be a tough fight for the BJP regardless of what happens in Delhi. I can say Lalu + Nitish+ Congress can get 40% plus of the vote. or have the potential.
Exactly. BJP needs this to keep the secluar's morale low.

This is becoming a cliff-hanger.

Delhi elections 2015: 4 out of 5 new opinion polls give BJP majority A day after five opinion polls put AAP in the driver's seat in the Delhi polls, another five opinion polls on Wednesday found BJP edging ahead in the race to the 70-member assembly. As many as four surveys predicted BJP to get a clear majority. Surveys by India TV-C Voter, The Week-IMBR, IBN 7-Data Mineria and Zee-Taleem Research Foundation (TRF) gave BJP 36 out of 70 seats. News Nation, on the other hand, predicted a hung assembly with BJP winning 31-35 seats with AAP notching 30-34 in a neck-and-neck contest. It, however, put Arvind Kejriwal ahead of Kiran Bedi as the preferred choice for CM with 45% people voting for him against 33% for Bedi. The India TV-C Voter poll gave AAP 31 seats and Congress just two, while The Week-IMBR predicted 29 seats for AAP and four for Congress. Zee TV-TRF gave a range of 32-36 seats for the BJP while AAP was expected to get 30-34 seats. It predicted just four seats for Congress. IBN 7-Data Mineria's survey gave AAP only 27 seats, predicting seven seats for Congress. But News Nation predicted no more than three-five seats for Congress with one likely to be won by another party. The surveys came on a day that an internal survey by AAP claimed a clear majority for it, giving itself 51 seats followed by 15 for BJP and four for Congress. AAP's Yogendra Yadav, a psephologist, said in the best case scenario, AAP may get 57 seats and in the worst, at least 44 seats. The India Today-Cicero pre-poll survey on Tuesday had projected AAP would get 38-46 seats and BJP 19-25 seats. Congress was given only 3-7 seats. An average of the five surveys declared on Monday found AAP forming the government with clear majority of 36 seats and BJP securing 30.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/elections/delhi-elections-2015/top-stories/Delhi-elections-2015-4-out-of-5-new-opinion-polls-give-BJP-majority/articleshow/46126691.cms

Nupur Sharma in New Delhi seems to be conducting her campaign with a lot of gusto. Not grabbed too much of the headlines but based on reports her low key campaign has seen her go door to door and addresses many rallies. This is commendable as she has not got that much support with the BJP employing heavy artillery in other winnable seats. People on twitter are saying she has worked tirelessly for long hours.Will be interesting to see the results of that seat and Kejriwal's margin of victory. AK won the seat in 2013 by 26,000 seats against the sitting Delhi CM. If Nupur can bring that tally down from 26,000 then she must be given a pat on the back and be looked as one for the future.

Amit Shah might personally go and knock on doors of some middle class houses to get them out to vote. :winky:
After tampering the EVMs personally :giggle:
Shah is not even in Delhi. :hysterical: He is in Gujarat attending some program apparently. Either he has completely lost hope or he is supremely confident. Either way, Thug life :fear: (Aaja Raghav munna, I've set the bait :haha:)

Shah is not even in Delhi. :hysterical: He is in Gujarat attending some program apparently. Either he has completely lost hope or he is supremely confident. Either way, Thug life :fear: (Aaja Raghav munna, I've set the bait :haha:)
He was seen with Togadia apparently... He's trying to get support of all the Hindutva brigades..