Delhi Assembly Elections 2015 Thread  

1. 1.

• BJP
    • AAP
    • Congress
    • AAP + Congress
    • BJP + AAP
    • President's Rule

TIMES NOW ‏@TimesNow 5m5 minutes ago AAP claims that it hasn't sought support, but Shahi Imam Bukhari's aide claims that AAP sought support from the Imam. #DelhiKnockoutRound :popcorn:
why do i get a feeling senior aap leaders dont know what the other leaders are doing? This has happened multiple times.

AAP rejects Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid Syed Bukhari's support ahead of Delhi polls http://zeenews.india.com/news/delhi/aap-rejects-shahi-imam-of-jama-masjid-syed-bukharis-support-ahead-of-delhi-polls_1542419.html Mad respect :hatsoff: Who in Indian politics had guts to make such bold statement? Don't just look at the rejection. Look at the words used in rejecting this support. This is an opportunity to usher in a new era in Indian politics. To get over all these rioters, corrupt, caste-ist Netas. Hope people grab it. On the other hand, S=G was so quick to post news of the support from Bukhari but now he'll not post news of rejection. May be, he is searching for another two-wheeler news, so that he can start another thread on that.
Pefect example of a blind bakth :giggle:

why do i get a feeling senior aap leaders dont know what the other leaders are doing? This has happened multiple times.
Most leaders who have left AAP have said that the party is run by Kejri and 2-3 others. Nobody else has a say. Here though its s imply a case of getting cold feet at the last moment.
So what happens now? AAP keeps claiming they have not asked for support and the Imam aide keeps claiming they have? paach saal jhootawal?
Times Now, CNN-IBN are both saying so. Swapan Dasgupta is also saying (he is a BJP supporter but usually knows about these things) so are Bukhari's aides. I would say that AAP definitely asked for his support (MIM and All India Imam Association are already supporting it so its not surprising that they would ask for his support too) but at the last moment they thought it would create too much of negative press on the even of election hence rejected the offer so forcefully.

http://www.dnaindia.com/analysis/standpoint-why-women-should-fear-aap-2056846 Why Women Should Fear AAP
I don’t have trouble believing these charges as the case of Somanth Bharti, their former Law Minister, is etched in my mind. As many of you may remember, the man made headlines when he led a mob that illegally and shamefully attacked a few African women. He raided their home at mid-night, dragged the women out and charged them with prostitution in a public witch-hunt, based on hearsay. This misogynistic and lawless behaviour came from a man elected to defend the rule of law. Bharati’s case is still in court. The noteworthy thing is that instead of apologising for his shockingly uncouth conduct, AAP stood by the travesty and justified it. In fact, they were willing to shut down the Republic Day parade in 2014 to press their point. Interestingly, this behaviour is inspired directly by Kejriwal’s political philosophy as written down in his book Swaraj. He recounts a story from ancient India to illustrate his idea of a perfect democracy. The crux of the tale is that once upon a time, in the Republic of “Vaishali”, the people’s assembly essentially decreed that a beautiful woman become a prostitute. The term used is “nagar vadhu”, which meant that she could be shared by the entire male citizenry. The woman put some conditions that were eventually met, and thus her fate was sealed. This story is used as an example of an ideal democracy. Kejriwal knows that the collective demand was wrong, and says as much in the book. However, he writes “the point that is being driven home by this example is to depict the power of the people”. Dear reader, can you connect the dots now? If this kind of mob rule was the ideal, then Somanth Bharati behaviour in following the mob’s wishes was perfectly justified in their eyes!

This is a elections all about momentum. AAP+MIM+TMC+Left+JDU+ Congress (back channel) + Mainstream Media vs BJP in Delhi. Any victory to the AAP would mean more parties/institutions would be added. Even if BJP does win it, it still just stop such grouping of opposition for the present time. The paid MSM is the number one danger to BJP, as any victory to AAP would mean more hit jobs which were already plentiful in BJP's first 8 months of government. This Delhi's election is just a trailer of the potential future which consists of unholy alliances of opponents and unfriendly media for the BJP. So if BJP wins, it can at least put a temporary break to this momentum.

This is a elections all about momentum. AAP+MIM+TMC+Left+JDU+ Congress (back channel) + Mainstream Media vs BJP in Delhi. Any victory to the AAP would mean more parties/institutions would be added. Even if BJP does win it' date= it still just stop such grouping of opposition for the present time. The paid MSM is the number one danger to BJP, as any victory to AAP would mean more hit jobs which were already plentiful in BJP's first 8 months of government. This Delhi's election is just a trailer of the potential future which consists of unholy alliances of opponents and unfriendly media for the BJP. So if BJP wins, it can at least put a temporary break to this momentum.
I didn't see you complaining when the same media was literally doing Modi Puja in the run up to the Lok Sabha elections. In fact the amount of coverage Modi got before/during Lok Sabha elections was 10 times the coverage AAP got here but then the media wasn't called "paid".

I didn't see you complaining when the same media was literally doing Modi Puja in the run up to the Lok Sabha elections. In fact the amount of coverage Modi got before/during Lok Sabha elections was 10 times the coverage AAP got here but then the media wasn't called "paid".
10a08_Wordpress_Oh-Really-Tell-Me-More-e1389860337593.jpg

Lets give AAP a chance. If they can reduce water' date= electricity bills by half, why not choose them? Bjp needs to realize that they shouldn't just rely only on Modi magic. Give something to people. Show them that you are willing to work for people. AAP is great for democracy and it keeps BJP on its toes.
and i can fly to the moon.....

That's very stupid from you actually. The media spend the whole LS election year telling us how there is no Modi wave, no party would support BJP, no way BJP will form government. The media got an egg on its face with the LS results. Remember the hyped coverage of Kejriwal vs Modi, when the former was truly nowhere in competition. During LS elections, there are so many examples of biased and unethical coverage done by media. This time around (1 year later), the media is similarly biased but more creative and at times shameful. One example is the boat incident, where for the first time, the national security subjects were questioned just for political points and to undermine government.

That's very stupid from you actually. The media spend the whole LS election year telling us how there is no Modi wave, no party would support BJP, no way BJP will form government. The media got an egg on its face with the LS results. Remember the hyped coverage of Kejriwal vs Modi, when the former was truly nowhere in competition. During LS elections, there are so many examples of biased and unethical coverage done by media. This time around (1 year later), the media is similarly biased but more creative and at times shameful. One example is the boat incident, where the national security tasks were questioned just for political points and to undermine government.
Every single speech of Modi in various rallies was shown LIVE on all major news channels, coverage of rallies in local papers ran to 3 pages (I saw that for almost all rallies that happened in UP in the top 4 Hindi papers), almost no negative news about Modi in some channels - you mean to say that wasn't "too much" coverage or wasn't an example of paid media? This time what is happening is that since coming to power Modi/Shah have insulted and ignored quite a few journalists/channels so the channels are out to get even with them. I said this before - its a risky strategy from the channels because if BJP wins (which it will IMO), the media will be in a far worse position than before.

Every single speech of Modi in various rallies was shown LIVE on all major news channels' date= coverage of rallies in local papers ran to 3 pages (I saw that for almost all rallies that happened in UP in the top 4 Hindi papers), almost no negative news about Modi in some channels - you mean to say that wasn't "too much" coverage or wasn't an example of paid media? This time what is happening is that since coming to power Modi/Shah have insulted and ignored quite a few journalists/channels so the channels are out to get even with them. I said this before - its a risky strategy from the channels because if BJP wins (which it will IMO), the media will be in a far worse position than before.
Are you serious? Media showed Modi speech because people are interested , Media did all these to increase their TRP. Advani fans will never understand how anyone can generate so much interest :giggle:

Are you serious? Media showed Modi speech because people are interested ' date= Media did all these to increase their TRP. Advani fans will never understand how anyone can generate so much interest :giggle:
Are you serious? Media showed Kejriwal speech because people are interested, Media did all these to increase TRP.....this can also be said about media's coverage of AAP here, no? :winky: I've seen a lot of many "interesting" leaders in UP - from Mayawati to Mulayam, from Kalyan Singh to Akhilesh Yadav, even AtalJi contested from Lko for 5 terms - nobody EVER got this kind of coverage in the newspapers. This was all paid for - you can keep denying it though.

Are you serious? Media showed Kejriwal speech because people are interested, Media did all these to increase TRP.....this can also be said about media's coverage of AAP here, no? :winky: I've seen a lot of many "interesting" leaders in UP - from Mayawati to Mulayam, from Kalyan Singh to Akhilesh Yadav, even AtalJi contested from Lko for 5 terms - nobody EVER got this kind of coverage in the newspapers. This was all paid for - you can keep denying it though.
No political leader from India got hounded by media like Modi got , do you think this also done by paid by media.