What is your Internet Service Provider

Cricketics

So how fast is Airtel 4G LTE in Delhi-NCR? Early adopters share their Speedtest results http://www.bgr.in/news/so-how-fast-is-airtel-4g-lte-in-delhi-ncr-early-adopters-share-their-speedtest-results/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter Desperately waiting for this or Reliance Jio to launch in LKO with even half the speed :pray:
you have to wait till Jan 2016... :winky:

Need a help guys from those using BSNL. Does BSNL count Upload in the FUP too? I am getting confused and google also does not give me proper answer. Sometimes i feel it counts and sometime i feel it does not count. :confused:
I am not a BSNL user but Upload will count towards FUP ( or total usage - unless you are on some night-plan or something ). Whether you are downloading or uploading, it consumes bandwidth. I think the reason for this confusion is that generally upload speeds are 1/6 or 1/7 of download speeds and people tend to think they are not using the full bandwidth so it should not count towards FUP. However, this is by design using ADSL ( Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line ). You would have seen this in your modem/router settings called ADSL/ADSL2. This ADSL arrangement ensures that more traffic flows towards customer than away ( as you would expect more bandwidth to be used for downloads than uploads ). I would be really pissed if I pay for 16 MBps line and get only 8 MBps for download and 8 MBps exclusively for upload. There will be certain cases ( like major news sites or sites like theverge where they would have asked their ISPs to reserve more bandwidth for upload and less for download) I am not sure about BSNL but a few ISPs let users change their upload/download speeds ( within overall bandwidth limit ) themselves through a modem/router interface. A few ISPs need a call to ISP and they do it at their end. So, your automatic backing up to Cloud of your photos,etc counts towards FUP :winky: I will be really surprised if BSNL has any different policy. One way of checking is to look at your data consumption report where upload and download is shown separately. Both added together should be your usage.

Got some link that supports me http://tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/5-things-all-broadband-users-must-know-81724.html

Understanding Throughput and Data Usage Limits Unless you are one of the few lucky souls with access to completely unlimited and FUP-free Internet connections, download limits are the sad reality that underscore an irony where the content is free on the Internet, but the delivery mechanisms are prohibitively expensive. Most ISPs these days offer higher speeds but lay down proportionally overzealous download limits to curb bandwidth usage. Oh, did I say download limit? Well, I think I did. That's incorrect and, in fact, the most common mistake committed by consumers when calculating their usage limits. You see, usage is measured in terms of the maximum throughput through your Internet account. This isn't just restricted to downloads alone, but factors in uploads as well. That 25 MB presentation you sent a colleague or the 2 GB of data you backed up on your “cloud” drive—all count towards your data usage. So if you have been hitting your usage limit without downloading nearly that much, now you know why.

@Kalia: First i used to think the same and other connections like Reliance 3G or Airtel 3G counts both but last few months the FUP speed does not stop at 6 GB total usage thats why i am getting confused.
Must be some glitch. Don't worry and enjoy it while it lasts :--D. Just make sure you have not clicked any pop-up where you agree for a top up plan where you will get billed later. However, 6 GB as FUP limit? Thats early/mid 2000s man. Mine is 200 GB. Pre FUP = 16 Mbps. Post FUP is 2 Mbps

Must be some glitch. Don't worry and enjoy it while it lasts :--D. Just make sure you have not clicked any pop-up where you agree for a top up plan where you will get billed later. However, 6 GB as FUP limit? Thats early/mid 2000s man. Mine is 200 GB. Pre FUP = 16 Mbps. Post FUP is 2 Mbps
Thanks. Will have to Check when my FUP ends. Also I dont really need high Speed and this was the most suitable plan for me. This 6GB is over in few days and then unlimited 512k internet.

South is miles ahead in internet.north is in stone age relatively speaking.

South is miles ahead in internet.north is in stone age relatively speaking.
It is not North or South. I am sure Delhi/Chandigarh have more speeds. Just that the ISPs need incentive or there should be competition. In Hyderabad, we are getting these wonderful speeds,etc purely because of competition. There are so many players. Same should be the case with Bangalore. Once competition enters in a real sense in your hometown, you will see the change in matter of months. On your earlier comment that you don't need high-speed, trust me, it is addicitve. Once you get used to speeds of 16 Mbps, your usage will be different. Your wants will become needs. Now I stream many movies in Youtube onto my TV seamlessly. It was not a need for me earlier. Now it is a need. I just pick up my phone or tab, view some program/movie and cast it onto TV using XBox or my streaming App or stick. Murphy's law - "Work expands to fill the time" is applicable here. Once you have higher speeds, your usage will change and this change will be irreversible.

It is not North or South. I am sure Delhi/Chandigarh have more speeds. Just that the ISPs need incentive or there should be competition. In Hyderabad, we are getting these wonderful speeds,etc purely because of competition. There are so many players. Same should be the case with Bangalore. Once competition enters in a real sense in your hometown, you will see the change in matter of months. On your earlier comment that you don't need high-speed, trust me, it is addicitve. Once you get used to speeds of 16 Mbps, your usage will be different. Your wants will become needs. Now I stream many movies in Youtube onto my TV seamlessly. It was not a need for me earlier. Now it is a need. I just pick up my phone or tab, view some program/movie and cast it onto TV using XBox or my streaming App or stick. Murphy's law - "Work expands to fill the time" is applicable here. Once you have higher speeds, your usage will change and this change will be irreversible.
cool. I read ACT is coming in the North soon. That will help. Am using ACT internet these days 20 mbps, 75 GB FUP, 2 mbps after that, for 1200/- per month. Good plan. Hope such plans come in the north soon.

cool. I read ACT is coming in the North soon. That will help. Am using ACT internet these days 20 mbps' date=' 75 GB FUP, 2 mbps after that, for 1200/- per month. Good plan. Hope such plans come in the north soon.[/quote'] I must confess that I thought the posts I was replying to was from sscomp2 - hence the reference to 'your earlier post' :embarassed:

I must confess that I thought the posts I was replying to was from sscomp2 - hence the reference to 'your earlier post' :embarassed:
Ok. Though Delhi is cr@p too for internet packages right now compared to Hyd or Bangaluru, i can confirm. edit: i am in your city these days.

I must confess that I thought the posts I was replying to was from sscomp2 - hence the reference to 'your earlier post' :embarassed:
Agree with you. Here its just one company BSNL. So very high prices that why we use only the plan that is most needed. Also i agree with you on gettig addicted while using high speed. :giggle: I used 2G 3/4 years ago then i started using 3G because of some BSNL error that we can use 3G in 2G prices and when that ended i started reliance 3G for sometime where another techincal error gave a lot of free 3G for almost a year and now shifted to Broadband. :two_thumbs_up:

Had to opt for Airtel . Getting around 8 mbps DL. I don't know what's the FUP I opted. But could be 40 GB. No service issues, can do whatsapp calls international. Have a US vonage number on it. Viewing Netflix without any problems. Got this in 3 days, while BSNL is offering 16+ mbps fibre, but have to settle for BSNL service issues and it takes a month to activate! Will probably move to Fibre if service around is good.

Need a help guys from those using BSNL. Does BSNL count Upload in the FUP too? I am getting confused and google also does not give me proper answer. Sometimes i feel it counts and sometime i feel it does not count. :confused:
It counts, but why would you use upload so much for. Mostly streaming is all DL usage.