Pak qualification scenarios

Kalia_Test

I think India can afford to lose 1 match and still finish 1st.ideally India should defeat Windies by a small margin and and lose to Ireland for pak to get eliminated but India won't play that way' date='we'll play to win all matches[/quote'] Ireland will hopefully beat Zimbabwe to get 6 points. WI will also end up on 6 points. NRR it is. Hopefully Pakis go home :pray: I do agree with India throwing the match for strategy. If Pak finish 3rd in the group I hope Australia finish 2nd :dance:

PAK will beat Ireland as a few Pak batsman are getting into touch. Knowing Asian batsman as soon as they are settled and have spent in 2 weeks in Australia they get into form. I am sure UMAR akmal , shehzad and misbah ..a few of these wud click and beat Ireland. Pak bowling can bowl out Ireland with in 125 also.. I am an Indian ...still I know that paki bowlers are really good specially irfan and the left armer

^^^^ Pak is through to QF. Congrats :nice: Mods - Pls close this thread as out of the 7 pages, 2 pages are filled by posters whose only contribution is questioning why the thread exists. Looks like many people are upset. This thread was created when Pak getting to QF seemed remote ( look at timing of OP ) and being a top 8 nation, it was worth tracking the progress. The thread has served its purpose as now Pak is assured of a QF spot.

^^^^ Pak is through to QF. Congrats :nice: Mods - Pls close this thread as out of the 7 pages, 2 pages are filled by posters whose only contribution is questioning why the thread exists. Looks like many people are upset. This thread was created when Pak getting to QF seemed remote ( look at timing of OP ) and being a top 8 nation, it was worth tracking the progress. The thread has served its purpose as now Pak is assured of a QF spot.
How is it assured?? WI and IRE on 4 Pts. If PAK loose to SA..and IRE win over Zim and WI against UAE..its all over for PAK if there NRR is down.
How is it assured?? WI and IRE on 4 Pts. If PAK loose to SA..and IRE win over Zim and WI against UAE..its all over for PAK.
It's not. If Pakistan then beats Ireland it would still go through. Both Pakistan and Ireland have a similarly bad NRR. Considering we are expecting Pakistan to win 2 off their next three games, while Ireland 1 off their next three games, Pakistan is more likely to improve their NRR.
How is it assured?? WI and IRE on 4 Pts. If PAK loose to SA..and IRE win over Zim and WI against UAE..its all over for PAK if there NRR is down.
if Pak beat both UAE and Ireland than more chances of Pak to qualify. This match has destroyed ireland's RR.
How? I'll still put my money on Ireland to qualify ahead of Pak
The main crux was Ire NRR being way higher than Pak. That has been destroyed at the pathetic beating Ireland got today ( and they will get more hammering from India and Pak also ). Their win against Zim itself is doubtful so Ire hammering Zim is out of question. There is no way Ire will have a better NRR than Pak. Take it from me. Coming to Pak...It had 2 bad losses losing by about 100 runs each ( average ). It won againt Zim by 20 runs and you can see how much it improved their NRR ( that is how NRR works in a tournament - the 2 huge losses get spread over a wider number of matches and even if Pak loses to SA by 10 runs, they will be way ahead of Ire in NRR ). As I said, today is the day Ireland kicked themselves out. Had they made 280-290 odd, they would still have had a chance ( by praying that SA give Pak atleast a 60-70 run defeat and escaping the India and Pak matches with smaller margins of defeats - which would still be in their hands ) but 200 run defeat - WTF? ------------- However, I see that there are still a few hopeful souls and for them, the below scenarios will still disqualify Pak :- 1) Ire hammering Zim AND SA giving mother of all phaintas to Pak. In the SA phainta, much better if Pak bat first and Steyn and co get them all out for 150 and SA chase in 25 overs AND 2) Pak only managing nominal wins against UAE and Ire AND 3) Ire avoiding hammering against Ind